Are you going camping with your family? Do you worry about the space in the tent because your kids occupy a lot of space?
How about privacy with your partner, will you be able to sleep in your own room? The answer to your questions are the best 12 person tents for camping.
They usually come with multiple divided rooms so you can have more privacy inside. These giants are a wonderful choice because you will be able to cook and eat inside or on the porch.
You will also have the space for your favorite chairs, tables, and air mattresses for a cozy sleep like at home. Sounds good? Take a look at my recommendations and decide which one suits you best.
Top Rated 12 person Camping Tents of 2021
|CORE 12-Person Instant Cabin Tent||Check price on Amazon|
|Ozark Trail12-Person 3 Room Instant Cabin Tent||Check price on Amazon|
|Tahoe Gear Gateway 10 to 12-Person Cabin Tent||Check price on Amazon|
|NTK Super Arizona GT 12-Person Tent||Check price on Amazon|
|Eureka Copper Canyon 12-Person Tent||Check price on Amazon|
|Ozark Trail 12-Person 3-Room Tent||Check price on Amazon|
|Bushnell Sport Series 12 Person Tent||Check price on Amazon|
|TETON Sports Sierra 12 Person Tent||Check price on Amazon|
|Guide Gear Deluxe 18' x 18' Teepee Tent||Check price on Amazon|
|Core Two Room Instant Cabin Tent||Check price on Amazon|
Which are the top 12 man tents on Amazon?
Today, we have outdoor brands that are specialized in making 12 man tents for the best glamping experience. Amazon sells many of them that have different features and specifications. However, how to find the right one for you?
I don’t want you to buy a unit that would disappoint you and your family members so I picked the ones from the reputable brands that sell on Amazon. See their features and decide which one will satisfy your outdoor needs.
CORE 12 Person Instant Cabin Tent
- INSTANT SETUP: Setups in 2 minutes or less! The poles are pre-attached to the tent- just unpack,...
- COMFORTABLE: The water repellent rainfly is removable in warmer weather to expose the mesh ceiling...
- TWO ENTRYWAY AND THREE ROOM OPTIONS: Enter from the side D-Door or from the side T-Door which...
- WHAT'S IN THE BAG: Tent, rain fly, awning poles, two room dividers, tent stakes, and carry bag
- 1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: We strive for total satisfaction with all of our products.
This CORE model is made of 68D polyester with 600 mm coating and can be set up in just 2 minutes due to the pre-attached poles.
The floor measures 18’ x 10’ and is made of 125gsm P.E. It can fit 12 sleeping bags or 3 air beds inside. Its center height is 80 inches.
It has a front door in the shape of T and a back door in the shape of D. It weighs 43 lbs. With an easy setup divider, you can have 3 rooms in no time. It has a mesh roof and large vents for ventilation.
H2O Block Technology
This tent with 3 rooms features H2O Block Technology, which combines the water-repellent fabric that has active bead technology to make the most of the waterproofing capabilities, providing you with the best water protection.
It also has factory seam-sealed windows and doors, and a water repellent rainfly that you can remove in hot summer evenings.
There are a couple of minor problems such as the (telescopic steel) poles rubbing alongside the fabric, which makes abrasion and holes. It is best to be careful when storing them, to make sure that it is packed up well.
Ozark Trail 12-Person Instant Cabin Tent
- 16' x 16' instant cabin tent
- Sleeps 12
- Fits 3 queen airbeds
- Sets up in under 2 minutes
- 7 fully closeable windows
Like most big Ozark Trail tents, this one is striking, spacious, and well-ventilated. It sets up quickly, in a couple of minutes, due to its instant design and pre-attached poles.
This 16×16 feet cabin model is simple to use; unfold it, lay it out, and use it. It has an L-shape design when you pitch it.
It is made of 68D polyester. This 4 season unit fits 3 queen airbeds or 12 sleeping bags. It offers separate living and sleeping space, which is possible due to its sewed-in room dividers. The center height is 6’10” and it weighs 55.2 oz.
This model features a large front awning for the shade. It has a rainfly, taped seams, and ground vent that fits the air conditioner.
The tent features 2 doors and 7 fully-closable windows. With the electrical access port, you will be able to have electricity inside.
Tahoe Gear gateway 12 person tent
- Large yet practical and comfortable, the Gateway is perfect for all groups or families, great for...
- Generous 7 foot center and wall height allow campers to move easily throughout the tent
- Durable 1200mm polyester tent body is great for getting out in the warm or cool weather
- Coordinating 1200mm polyester fly with taped fly seams and polyethylene binding floor helps to...
- Fly includes guy ropes on each side for securing tent in windy weather, and features a solar shield...
The Tahoe Gear Prescott family cabin model is an amazing product ideal for group camping. It has a 7-foot center height and is made of 1200 mm coated 70D/190T polyester fabric. When pitched, it has an L-shape.
Fabric and other features
It measures 20 x 18 feet and features 1200 mm coated polyester fly with taped fly seams and polyethylene binding floor.
You are able to fit up to three queen-sized beds in it. Its solar shield will reflect the heat so the tent will be cooler than usual. It weighs 39.6 lbs. The setup is easy due to shock-corded poles and pin-ring system. With power slips, you will be able to have electricity inside.
It’s screened, which makes it an amazing net house with a ventilation system. It has rain fly flaps that could be zipped up during the night along with the door and window flaps.
Guy lines serve for the stability of a rain fly in the strong wind. The unit includes a quick hook and loop fixture to quickly add and remove the rainfly. It has a convenient mesh storage holder.
NTK Super Arizona GT
- THE ULTIMATE FAMILY CAMPING EXPERIENCE! SUPER SPACIOUS 11 to 12 Person (adult/kids) tent, Detachable...
- FULL COVERAGE RAINFLY: Double layer 190T polyester laminated with polyurethane 2500 mm water column,...
- FRAME: 100% virgin NANO-FLEX shock corded fiber glass rods with improved diameter and double gold...
- MOSQUITO MESH: Inner tent fully breathable with generous Ultra-thin polyester NO-SEE-UM style mesh...
- FLOOR MATERIAL AND DESIGN: Heavy duty anti-fungus seamless polyethylene with inner silver coated...
Another one worth mentioning is NTK Super Arizona GT that is one of the best 12 man tents for sure. This is a non-freestanding, double-layer 3-season model.
It is made of 68D 190T 2500 mm polyester taffeta, while the inner tent is made of 190T polyester mosquito no-see-um micro net fabric.
The floor is made of heavy-duty anti-fungal seamless polyethylene that has a silver-coated layer for water protection. The frame has 100% virgin NANO FLEX shock-corded fiberglass rods.
Its measures are 6.9 x 10.2 x 20.6 ft. This one has a center height of 6.9ft and it weighs 39.77 lbs.
It offers total and complete protection from the weather elements. Setup is easy due to the aluminum pin-and-ring system and can be pitched in about 2 minutes.
Looking at its shape, this is a tunnel type tent. However, this is more of a dome stretched asymmetrically on both sides. It has 2 rooms, 2 doors, and 3 fully-closable windows. The divider has a zipper on the central part that isn’t sewn in.
Eureka Copper Canyon 12 Person Tent
- Relax in cabin-like comfort with the Eureka! Copper Canyon 12-person, two-room tent.
- Create extra privacy with the detachable divider curtain, which converts the Copper Canyon 12 from a...
- Near-vertical walls in this cabin-style tent create a spacious interior ideal for cots and airbeds.
- Eureka!'s zippered E! Power Port allows you to bring an outdoor-grade electrical power cord inside...
- Six generously-sized zippered windows provide 360-degree views and cross-tent airflow, but also...
This is the Copper Canyon model, which is the biggest tent in the model series offered by Eureka. This is a cabin-style freestanding unit that measures 14 by 12 feet and has 6 windows and 2 doors.
Its height is 7 feet and weighs 38 lbs, 12 ounces. The walls, floor, and fly are made of 75D 190T polyester taffeta with a 1200 mm coating. Eureka! used 68D polyester no-see-um fabric for the mesh.
Zippered windows provide 360-degree views, optimum airflow, and privacy inside. The poles are made of steel and fiberglass.
Perfect summer camping model
This 3 season family cabin tent is perfect for summer day camping in moderate weather conditions and you may not want to use it during harsh weather. It has a detachable divider curtain to have 2 rooms for privacy.
With a ring/pin assembly, you will be able to pitch it fast. It has a bathtub floor and E! Power Port. With high-stash pockets and 2 gear lofts, your items will be organized and safe.
Ozark Trail Instant Cabin Tent with Screen Room
- Sets up in under 2 minutes Sleeps 12 No assembly required: Poles pre-attached to tent Fits 3...
- Measures: 20' x 18' Construction: polyester and steel Center height: 76"
- 3-room tent 2 room dividers included Fully taped factory-sealed seams provide dry zone camping with...
- 10 fully closable windows Features 3 entry doors: 1 for each room Screen room can be used as 3rd...
- Rainfly included Carry bag included 17 Tent stakes included, made of steel 6 gear organizer pockets...
This is a 3-room family camping model that has dimensions 240 x 216 x 912 inches that offer up to 12 occupants. It weighs 56.5 pounds. The space is ideal to place 3 queen-sized airbeds inside.
The unit is made of polyester while it features steel poles. It is an instant model that can be set up in about 2 minutes due to pre-attached poles.
The tent has 2 room dividers for privacy, fully-taped factory-sealed seams for weather protection, and 10 fully-closable windows.
There are 3 doors that you can use, each room has one to enter. You have a screen room that can be used for storage and as a bug-free porch. Electrical cord access is enabled. It features a rain fly for weather protection and less possible leakage.
Bushnell Sport Series Tent
- Free standing with compact fiberglass poles; easy assembly with pole hooks.
- Fully taped factory-sealed seams and weather resistant fabric keeps you protected during inclement...
Bushnell company made a cabin model that features 200 square feet of living space, appropriate to occupy up to 12 people inside. The unit has 84 inches of center height.
This freestanding tent has 8.5mm diameter color-coded fiberglass poles and is able to set it up easily due to pole hooks in about 15 minutes if you have some help.
It is a weatherproof unit since it includes fully-taped factory-sealed seams and weather-resistant fabric. You will be able to put 12 sleeping bags if in need or 2 queen size air mattresses for comfortable night sleep.
This model has 2 attachable room dividers to make private rooms. The manufacturer also included a utility port, huge internal mesh storage pockets that I haven’t seen before in any tent, a hanging wall organizer, multiple loops to hang a lantern or another light source, and steel stakes to stabilize the tent.
TETON Sports Sierra Canvas Tent
- EASIER SET UP: Bell tent sets up easily with two pole assembly; Oversized door makes loading and...
- WATERPROOF AND BREATHABLE: Strong treated cotton canvas fibers repel water and provide breathable...
- HOME AWAY FROM HOME: Comfortable all-season tent with extra-wide door and windows; durable, strong,...
- 2-IN-1 TENT OR CANOPY: Protection from the elements as a tent or canopy; Perfect for family...
- TETON SPORTS PROMISE: Reach out to our AMAZING product support team if you have any questions or...
TETON Sports offers you a canvas tent that will change the way you think about camping tents. Canvas is a natural fabric that enables better ventilation than any synthetical tent out there.
Its dimensions are 192 x 192 x 113 inches and it weighs 80 pounds. It is a 4-season unit that has a bell shape. The tent includes 2 poles and huge doors that are meshed.
With carbon steel stakes you will be able to stabilize it in any soil (even in the roughest terrain). The floor is heavy-duty and leak-proof. It features reinforced seams. It has 3 top vents and 4 windows for ultimate ventilation. This model is treated with flame retardants.
The waterproof feature is there due to natural fibers that swell after they face water so you don’t have to worry about leakage and puddles inside.
When you purchase this one you will have a tent and a canopy to use, the usage depends on the situation (a canopy is wonderful when you want shade and more airflow on hot days).
You won’t hassle setting this one up since it has a single center pole and guylines with metal friction locks. It doesn’t have any loops to hang a lantern but you can manage and place it on the center pole.
Guide Gear Deluxe Teepee Tent
Teepee tent from Guide Gear is a zippered tent that can accommodate up to 12 people max (8 campers comfortable). Its dimensions are 18′. x 18′. x 9’10”, and it weighs 30 pounds.
The model has a 190-denier polyester shell with a waterproof 1,200mm polyurethane coating.
It has a vestibule that is fully closed, 4 weatherproofed zip-open windows that have internal shades and 2 weatherproof vestibule windows.
Superior airflow is guaranteed with rain-protected ventilation in peak and multiple ground air vents.
The polyethylene floor is sewed-in and you won’t need a ground tarp. The unit has a steel pole that is stabilized by the white plastic pole stabilizer.
The seams are factory-sealed. Center doors have a no-see-um mesh so bugs won’t have a chance. It includes stakes and easily adjustable pull-through guy lines.
The tent is equipped with a room divider. You will be able to put it together in about 15 minutes.
Core Two Room Instant Cabin Tent with Side Entrance
- INSTANT SETUP: A unique ten-leg pole design that setups in 2 minutes or less! The poles are...
- COMFORTABLE: The water repellent rainfly is removable in warmer weather to expose the mesh ceiling...
- TWO ENTRYWAY AND ROOM OPTIONS: Enter from the full panel side D-Door or from the front T-Door which...
- WHAT'S IN THE BAG: Tent, rainfly, awning poles, room divider, tent stakes, and carry bag
- 1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: We strive for total satisfaction with all of our products.
This CORE instant model is a cabin tent that has doors on the side. Tent floor dimensions are 18’ X 10’. It weighs 43.02 pounds. With room divider, you will have 2 rooms to use. The cabin unit can fit 3 air beds inside.
The CORE 2-room unit is manufactured with a durable 68D polyester with a 600mm hydrostatic rating. The floor features durable 125gsm P.E. This unit features a waterproof rain fly that can be removed when the weather is warm.
It has a mesh ceiling for ventilation and stargazing. Its adjustable air intake vent is made to draw the cool air inside from the ground while the mesh ceiling allows hot air to escape. Poles are made of telescoping steel.
The unit has a full panel side D-Door and front T-door that has an attachable center room divider to have multiple separate living and sleeping spaces. It includes steel 7 inches stakes.
You should set this tent in about 2 minutes due to a unique ten-leg pole design and pre-attached poles.
The model features the company’s H2O block technology that will protect you from inclement weather. There is a hole to have electricity inside.
Why should you own a large camping tent with rooms?
The best thing about large tents is that more people are able to use it. It doesn’t matter if there are fewer than 12 people in the group because you can use the space for storing your gear and still have plenty of room for sleeping and other stuff.
On top of that, while this type of tent is pricier compared to smaller-sized ones, it means you don’t need to buy multiple tents for accommodation, so in the end, you’re saving money. However, everyone needs privacy and these big models can offer separate rooms due to room dividers.
They also have big windows and usually more than one door for easy entrance. Most of them are cabin style which means you will be able to move freely without bending inside.
Pros & Cons of large camping tents
If you are reading this then you are interested in buying one of these large tents for camping with your family or friends. For now, you already know what are these units like and some of their benefits.
However, if you want to have a nice camping trip outdoors you must know all about them. I am giving you their pros and cons.
- Tall design
- Space for gear storage
- Big windows and doors for ventilation and views
- Usually, come with room dividers for privacy and as a movie projector
- You will be able to put air beds and cots inside for comfortable sleeping
- Not suitable for backpacking
- Some models are not so easy to pitch and dissemble
How big is a 12 person tent?
It is considered as a family tent that can accommodate up to 12 people. However, don’t be fooled by the number as I am sure you wouldn’t sleep comfortably if there will be 12 of you but it is an option.
This tent belongs among the largest ones that are available to buy. In general, a family model of this size covers a 150-200 square feet area. Space defers from company to company and models.
What is the biggest size tent you can buy?
Do you wonder which is the largest family tent of all? It is one of 20 people made by Ozark Trail Company. It fits 6 queen airbeds or 20 sleeping bags. It is a weather-resistant and wind stable 4-room cabin unit.
It has an ePort for an extension cord, a media pocket, and 2 gear hammocks for electric gadgets storage. There are also a lot of pockets for storing personal items. Three room dividers and 3 doors offer convenience and privacy for the campers.
The Ozark Trail model has 8 windows and a mesh roof for adequate ventilation. This extra-large family tent offers 283 square feet of space when the room dividers are not installed.
How do you set up a CORE 12 person tent?
I recommend someone to help you to set it up. First, remove the content out of the storage bag. Place it on the ground, facing the roof upwards.
You will see the poles are already stitched to the fabrics so you won’t need to attach poles to the tent. This is a major benefit of an instant model, it is easier to pitch.
Go ahead and grab the poles at one side and lift them so the elbow joints flex to a standing position. Let the other person hold the poles you lifted and go to the other side of the tent.
Lift all the leg poles so the three hubs are elevated. Then extend the telescoping poles until you hear the locking button. Extend other leg poles as well.
Then you can stabilize the tent by installing the stakes through the ground loops at a 45-degree angle.
Drape the water-resistant rain fly over the tent and attach it to the leg poles. Assemble the awning poles and slide through the sleeves above the back and front doors.
You can also detach rain fly and unclip the guylines from the fly and attach them to the tent and guide them out. Setting up multiple rooms is easy by toggling the room dividers in.
Have glamorous camping!
There are a lot of different types of tents on the market today and they come with different features.
Even though the article emphasizes the best 12 person tents, you should know which tent specifications suit you best.
If you have any questions or suggestions you want to share, make sure to leave them in the comment box below.