Whether you’re on a camping trip with your family or your closest friends, using the best 12 person tents would be a smart way to go due to the spacious interior and the comfort that goes together with having more living space. After all, who wants to stay in a tight space?
Take a look on my picks of the large camping tents that you can get for your outdoor enjoyment.
Which are Best 12 Person Tents?
By now, you are probably convinced why you should get a 12 man tent for your next group camping adventure. However, how are you able to find one that will fit you?
I understand how overwhelming it could be, so in order to help you here are my top picks with details you may want to check out when looking to buy one.
CORE 12 Person Instant Cabin Tent
- INSTANT SETUP: Setups in 2 minutes or less! The poles are pre-attached to the tent- just unpack,...
- COMFORTABLE: The water repellent rainfly is removable in warmer weather to expose the mesh ceiling...
- TWO ENTRYWAY AND THREE ROOM OPTIONS: Enter from the side D-Door or from the side T-Door which...
- WHAT'S IN THE BAG: Tent, rain fly, awning poles, two room dividers, tent stakes, and carry bag
- 1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: We strive for total satisfaction with all of our products.
This CORE 12 person tent is made of 68D polyester with 600 mm coating and can be set up in just 2 minutes due to the pre-attached poles. The floor measures 18’ x 10’ and is made of 125gsm P.E. It can fit 12 sleeping bags or 3 air beds inside. Its center height is 80 inches.
The tent has a front door in a shape of T and a back door in the shape of D. It weighs 43 lbs. With an easy setup divider, you can have a 3 room tent in no time. The tent has a mesh roof and large vents for ventilation.
This 12 person tent with 3 rooms features H20 Block Technology, which combines the water-repellent fabric that has active bead technology to make the most of the waterproofing capabilities, providing you with the best water protection. It also has factory seam-sealed windows and doors, and water repellent rainfly that you can remove in hot summer evenings.
There are a couple of minor problems such as the (telescopic steel) poles rubbing alongside the fabric, which makes abrasion and holes. It is best to be careful when storing them, to make sure that the tent is packed up well.
- Easy and quick setup
- Good tent in rainy conditions
- Good ventilation system
- No vestibules
- Lacks storage pockets
Ozark Trail 12-Person Instant Cabin Tent
- 16' x 16' instant cabin tent/ Sleeps 12
- Fits 3 queen airbeds/ 3-room tent
- Includes rainfly
- 7 fully closeable windows
- Fully taped factory sealed seams provide dry-zone camping with leak protection
Like most big Ozark Trail tents, this one is a striking, spacious, and well-ventilated tent. It could easily be set up in a couple of minutes, due to its pre-attached poles. This 16×16 feet instant cabin tent sets up fast; simply unfold it, lay it out, and it is ready to use.
It is made of 68D polyester. This 12 person 4 season tent fits three queen airbeds or 12 sleeping bags. It offers separate living and sleeping space, which is possible due to its room dividers. The center height is 6’10” and it weighs 55.2 oz. This tent model features a large front awning for the shade. It has a rainfly, taped seams and ground vent that fits air conditioner. The tent features 2 doors and 7 windows.
- 7 closeable windows
- Huge front canopy
- Impressive ventilation system
- Convenient power outlet flap
- Lacks storage pockets
- Netting has gaps
Tahoe Gear gateway 12 person tent
- Large yet practical and comfortable, the Gateway is perfect for all groups or families, great for...
- Generous 7 foot center and wall height allow campers to move easily throughout the tent
- Durable 1200mm polyester tent body is great for getting out in the warm or cool weather
- Coordinating 1200mm polyester fly with taped fly seams and polyethylene binding floor helps to...
- Fly includes guy ropes on each side for securing tent in windy weather, and features a solar shield...
The Tahoe Gear Prescott 12 person family cabin model is an amazing tent ideal for group camping. This tent has 7-foot center height and is made of 1200 mm coated 70D/190T polyester fabric. It measures 20 x 18 feet and features 1200 mm coated polyester fly with taped fly seams and polyethylene binding floor.
You are able to fit up to three queen-sized beds in it. Its solar shield will reflect the heat so the tent will be cooler than usual. The tent weighs 39.6 lbs. The setup is easy due to shock-corded poles and pin-ring system. With power slips, you will be able to have electricity in the tent.
It’s screened, which makes it an amazing net house with a ventilation system. It has rain fly flaps that could be zipped up during the night along with the door and window flaps.
- Good ventilation system
- Offers good rain, wind and bug protection
- Setting it up may require at least two people
- Storing the tent into the storage bag can be an issue
NTK Super Arizona GT
- THE ULTIMATE FAMILY CAMPING EXPERIENCE! SUPER SPACIOUS 11 to 12 Person (adult/kids) tent, Detachable...
- FULL COVERAGE RAINFLY: Double layer 190T polyester laminated with polyurethane 2500 mm water column,...
- FRAME: 100% virgin NANO-FLEX shock corded fiber glass rods with improved diameter and double gold...
- MOSQUITO MESH: Inner tent fully breathable with generous Ultra-thin polyester NO-SEE-UM style mesh...
- FLOOR MATERIAL AND DESIGN: Heavy duty anti-fungus seamless polyethylene with inner silver coated...
Another tent worth mentioning is NTK Super Arizona GT. This is a non-freestanding, double-layer 3-season tent. It is made of 68D 190T 2500 mm polyester taffeta, while the inner tent is made of 190T polyester mosquito NO-SEE-UM micro net fabric. Its measures are 6.9 x 10.2 x 20.6 ft. The tent has a center height of 6.9ft and it weighs 39.77 lbs.
It offers total and complete protection from the weather elements. The floor is made of heavy-duty anti-fungal seamless polyethylene that has a silver-coated layer for water protection. The frame has 100% virgin NANO FLEX shock-corded fiberglass rods. Setup is easy due to the aluminum pin-and-ring system.
Looking at its shape, this is a tunnel type tent. However, this is more of a dome stretched asymmetrically on both sides. The tent has 2 rooms, 2 doors, and 3 windows. The divider has a zipper on the central part that isn’t sewn in.
- Interesting and quality design
- Good weather-protection tent
- Double-layer tent type
- No electric cable port
- Cheap stakes
- Thin carry bag
Eureka Copper Canyon 12 Person Tent
- Relax in cabin-like comfort with the Eureka! Copper Canyon 12-person, two-room tent.
- Create extra privacy with the detachable divider curtain, which converts the Copper Canyon 12 from a...
- Near-vertical walls in this cabin-style tent create a spacious interior ideal for cots and airbeds.
- Eureka!'s zippered E! Power Port allows you to bring an outdoor-grade electrical power cord inside...
- Six generously-sized zippered windows provide 360-degree views and cross-tent airflow, but also...
The last one on my list is The Copper Canyon 12, which is the biggest tent in the model series offered by Eureka. This is a cabin-style freestanding tent that measures 14 by 12 feet and has 6 windows and 2 doors. Its height is 7 feet and weighs 38 lbs, 12 ounces. The walls, floor, and fly are made of 75D 190T polyester taffeta with 1200 mm coating. Eureka! used 68D polyester no-see-um fabric for the mesh.
This 12 person 3 season family cabin tent is perfect for summer day camping in moderate weather conditions and you may not want to use it during harsh weather. It has a detachable divider curtain to have 2 rooms for privacy. With a ring/pin assembly, you will be able to pitch it fast. It has a bathtub floor and E! Power Port. With high-stash pockets and a gear loft, your items will be organized and safe.
- Freestanding style tent
- A lot of storage pockets
- Not good for harsh weather
- No vestibule
Benefits of Large camping tents with rooms
The best thing about 12-man tents is that more people are able to use it. It doesn’t matter if there are less than twelve people in the group because you can use the space for storing your gear.
On top of that, while this type of tent is probably pricier compared to smaller-sized tents, it means you don’t need to buy multiple tents for accommodation, so at the end, you’re saving money. However, everyone needs privacy and these big tents can offer separate rooms due to room dividers.
These tents also have big windows and more than 1 door for easy entrance. The most of 12 man tents are cabin style which means you will be able to move freely without bending inside.
There are a lot of different types of tents on the market today and they come with different features. Even though this article emphasizes the best 12-person tents, you should know which tent features suit you best as a camper.
If you have any questions or suggestions you want to share, make sure to leave them in the comment box below.