Are you going camping with your family? Do you worry because your kids occupy a lot of space? How about privacy, will you sleep in your own room?
Twelve-person tents come with multiple divided rooms. You will have enough space for a cozy sleep like at home. Sounds good? Take a look at the best 12 person tents.
- CORE Instant Cabin Tent – [Best Instant Tent]
- Ozark Trail Instant Cabin Tent – [Best 3-Room Tent]
- NTK Super Arizona GT Tent – [Best Waterproof Tent]
- Ozark Trail Instant Cabin Tent With Screen Room – [Best Screen Room Tent]
- Teton Sports Sierra Tent – [Best 4-Season Tent]
- Eureka! Copper Canyon Tent – [Best 3-Season Tent]
- Coleman Skydome XL Tent – [Best Extended Dome Tent]
Why should you buy 12 person camping tent?
It doesn’t matter if there are fewer than 12 people in the group you can use extra space for storing your gear.
Due to room dividers, you will have privacy and kids won’t bother you as they can play in their own room. Most of them come in cabin style where you can walk without bending.
While large tents are pricier compared to smaller-sized units, you need to buy just once, so in the end, you’re saving money.
CORE 12 Person Instant Cabin Tent
- Instant 2 minute Setup; Sleeps 12 people; Fits 3 queen air mattresses; Center Height: 80"
Core made a 12-person tent for campers who don’t like to hassle with the poles. The poles are already stitched to the material so the setup won’t be as demanding as in models with a traditional setup.
This big 3 season tent has plenty of mesh, windows, and vents to have ultimate ventilation and great views of surroundings.
This is not a model that you would take camping in winter or harsh weather because it isn’t built for such situations. With only 600mm waterproof coating, it is a good option for summer camping or camping in places that gets some rain.
However, many users say that they haven’t got considerable problems with leakage when it rained.
It has 2 entrances and the option of having 3 separate rooms due to dividers that enhance privacy.
You will be able to stand in this tent as it has vertical walls and 80″ of center height so even the tallest campers will have comfort.
- Instant setup (2 minutes)
- Good ventilation system
- E-port for having electricity inside
- Three-rooms for privacy
- Doesn’t hold the heat
- Not waterproof
- Lacks storage pockets
Ozark Trail 12-Person Instant Cabin Tent
- 16' x 16' instant cabin tent
- Sleeps 12
- Fits 3 queen airbeds
- Sets up in under 2 minutes
- 7 fully closeable windows
Ozark Trail is a company that makes the biggest camping tents on the market and focuses on comfort when you head camping with the people you love.
Their instant cabin tent provides space in 3 separate rooms in the L-shaped structure that accommodates 4 men in each room with sleeping bags. You can also fit three queen airbeds inside; each in one room.
I like the big awning in front of the door so you can place a table and chairs to enjoy the fresh air even in the rain.
With plenty of mesh, windows, and big ground vents you will have ample ventilation to beat the condensation. The ground vents are big enough to put an air conditioner in to cool the place down in hot temperatures which is great.
You will decrease the ventilation with the fly on but you can still open the windows a little bit or start your AC to increase the breathability.
It is a family camping tent that is best to use in the first three seasons and won’t handle much wind and rainstorms so bear this in mind before buying this model.
- Spacious & comfy
- Sets up fast regarding the size (instant)
- Separate entrances
- Big front canopy
- Sewed-in room dividers
- The unit fits in the storage bag without hassle
- Air conditioner compatible
- Lacks storage pockets
- Just one hook for hanging a lantern
- Not for windy conditions
- Bulky & heavy
NTK Super Arizona GT
- DESIGNED FOR QUICK & EASY ASSEMBLY – Fully assemble and disassemble the Arizona GT 12 person...
- DOUBLE LAYER 100% WATERPROOF RAINFLY – Protect yourself from sunlight, rain, and humid weather...
- BREATHABLE MICRO MESH – Featuring ultra-thin polyester micro-mesh fabric on all 3 sides, the roof,...
- LONG-LASTING & HEAVY DUTY – Extra thick Nano-flex fiberglass poles interconnect with double gold...
- WEATHER PROTECTION – This family camping tent is made of polyethylene with a silver-coated inner...
If you are looking for the best 12 person tent that will protect you in the rain, here it is.
The NTK Super Arizona GT tent is built to protect you in the first three seasons but it has a higher hydrostatic head (2500mm) than other models on the list, making it appropriate to take on rainy camping.
This extended dome tent has a detachable room divider that provides privacy between campers in two rooms.
It has plenty of mesh windows for airflow and views with fly down. The company made a smart move when including ropes to open window flaps from outside so you can enhance ventilation with the fly on even in the rain.
Still, some campers would like to adjust windows from the inside. However, I think that it is better that flaps are placed from the outside, making the unit more waterproof (raindrops can sip through the mesh if the flaps are placed from the inside).
There are two D-style doors so you won’t need to bother the other group in another room to enter/exit. With the full-coverage rainfly and a heavy-duty bathtub floor design, you should be dry when it rains.
The setup is straightforward, you will set it in about 20 minutes. You could have trouble with placing the fly on so ask somebody to help you.
Many owners say that it is the best tent that they have owned so it is worth considering as your new camping tent.
- A full-coverage rainfly
- Room divider
- Bathtub floor
- Awnings above the windows
- Not comfy for 12 people
- No electric cable port
- Cheap stakes
Ozark Trail Instant Cabin Tent with Screen Room
If you are looking for an easy-to-pitch fair-weather tent that has a screen room, this Ozark Trail cabin tent might be the right choice. It is a unit with three rooms that has plenty of mesh and multiple ground vents for ventilation.
The front room is made entirely of mesh to provide views and relaxation without annoying mosquitoes and bugs. The porch has a floor to stay dry and clean when the weather changes.
It has a fast setup (about 5 minutes) if we consider its size as the poles are already attached to the fabric so you won’t need to struggle with assembling the poles and setting it up. However, you will probably need someone to help you erect it.
If you intend to sleep on the porch know that it hasn’t got any panels so the rain can make it impossible but it is great on hot summer nights when you need an extra breeze.
This 12-person tent has 3 separate doors, each for one room. You will be able to fit three queen airbeds inside or twelve sleeping bags for comfortable sleep.
- Instant setup
- Huge (3 rooms)
- Strong poles
- Screen room with floor
- Requires at least 2 people to erect it
- Heavy and bulky
- Not for harsh weather and cold
TETON Sports Sierra Canvas Tent
- EASIER SET UP: Bell tent sets up easily with two pole assembly; Oversized door makes loading and...
- WATERPROOF AND BREATHABLE: Strong treated cotton canvas fibers repel water and provide breathable...
- HOME AWAY FROM HOME: Comfortable all-season tent with extra-wide door and windows; durable, strong,...
- 2-IN-1 TENT OR CANOPY: Protection from the elements as a tent or canopy; Perfect for family...
- TETON SPORTS PROMISE: Reach out to our AMAZING product support team if you have any questions or...
This is a heavy-duty 4 season 12-person tent that is made in a cone shape.
The Teton Sports Sierra is made of cotton fabric that provides good ventilation and weather protection throughout the year. So, if you want to camp no matter the weather situation, this model is a winner.
The unit fits 8 people comfortably, however, you won’t have additional space if you intend to fit 12 adults inside.
The major benefit of this one-layer tent is the waterproofness due to the natural fibers, reinforced seams, and weather skirt that protects from precipitation and wind.
I still recommend waterproofing it in the rain at home (and drying it out) so you will have less chance for leakage on your first camping trip.
I like the detachable floor so you can enjoy in breeze and views when camping in warmer temperatures.
It’s not hard to assemble as you will insert the main pole into the center, set up the door frame, and guy it out.
Due to its overall quality, you will camp with this bad boy for years (maybe a lifetime) without having to buy a new tent due to the tear and wear.
Get a Sierra 16 tarp footprint to protect its floor and camp without worries.
- Overall quality
- The best option for tall people
- Strong & durable zippers
- Zippered e-port
- The floor zips off to have a canopy option
- Without inner pockets and loops
- Lack views
Eureka Copper Canyon Tent
Do you want a breeze in your tent in the summer and stargaze? If so then this unit can be your best pick.
The Eureka! cabin tent will serve you well in the first three seasons, meaning it’s not meant to use in wintertime.
This unit provides optimum airflow due to so many mesh windows, two doors, and a mesh ceiling which comes in handy on those hot summer nights.
It has a rain fly that covers the roof and extends over more than half of the poles. I like the awning that protects the door from the weather, making the entrance dry for access.
However, two of the customers say that windows can’t be fully closed, which worries me how the tent holds in the rain and wind.
The other concern is the floor. It is really thin so I advise you to buy a 12×9′ tarp that will protect it from tears.
The Copper Canyon has space for 12 people in two separate rooms (or one) as it includes a thick curtain that you don’t see through.
- Door awning for dry entrance
- Plenty of headroom
- E-power port for electricity cable
- A lot of stash pockets
- Not for harsh weather
- Thin floor
- Not fully closable windows
Coleman Skydome XL Tent
- QUICK PITCH: Sets up in under 5 minutes (based on average setup time with 2 people) thanks to...
- SPACIOUS DESIGN: Fits 4 queen airbeds; includes a room divider and 2 doors (front and back)
- MORE HEADROOM: Nearly vertical walls provide more headroom
- WEATHER PROTECTION: WeatherTec system uses a tub-like floor, patented welded corners, while inverted...
- WIDER DOORS: Makes it easier to move airbeds, sleeping bags, and other gear in and out of the tent;...
This Coleman Skydome tent comes in an extended dome shape with two large O-shaped doors for easy access.
Don’t be fooled by the height when you see its pictures because this model has a higher center height than other dome tents (7ft) to enhance livability.
It has mesh on the ceiling and sides for ventilation and stargazing. Big ground vents on the back boost the ventilation which is important with the fly on.
The rain fly covers 3/4 of the structure and has a door awning for dry entrance. The groundwater won’t have a chance due to the heavy-duty bathtub floor.
It is a sturdy tent that has good waterproof features no matter that the company didn’t state the level of waterproof coating. It is a three-season camping unit that should handle normal to heavy rain and wind.
The customers complain about the setup. They say that it is hard to get it ready by yourself, especially the fly. Privacy is limited because without a fly other campers can see you inside.
- Good price
- Well made
- Tall structure
- Durable rainfly
- Heavy-duty bathtub floor
- Big ground vents
- Needs two people to set it up
- Limited privacy without a fly
What is the quickest tent to set up?
If you are not happy with pole assembly consider buying a Core 12-person instant cabin tent.
It has Core® Instant Hub Technology and pre-attached telescopic poles that make setup quick and easy.
You won’t need to mess with poles as they are already stitched to the fabric. Open the storage bag, extend the tent on the ground and extend the poles. That’s it. The setup time is around two minutes.
What tent will keep you dry in the rain?
Camping in the rain can be a nightmare, that’s why you need a durable waterproof tent.
NTK Super Arizona GT has a 2500mm hydrostatic head, full-coverage rainfly, sealed seams, big awning, and a heavy-duty seamless polyethylene with inner silver coated layer bathtub style floor that will protect you in case of rain
Which tent to pick if you want breathability?
Ventilation is an important factor when comes to camping in hot temperatures. I am sure you don’t want to buy a tent that won’t be appropriate for summer camping.
Eureka! Copper Canyon LX tent. has plenty of mesh material that is important for good airflow and minimizing condensation.
It has six big mesh windows, a mesh ceiling, and two doors so you don’t need to worry about stuffiness.
Do you want a bigger tent?
If you are not sure if a twelve-person tent will be enough take a look at the Ozark Trail Hazel Creek tent for 16 people. This tent comes in a cabin shape which means that is a tall structure and not suitable for windy conditions.
It has 230 square feet of floor space and can fit 4 queen air beds or 16 sleeping bags. With two-room dividers, each room has its own entrance.
The Hazel Creek tent is meant to use in the first three seasons as it has plenty of mesh for good airflow. It has a thin floor so consider buying a large camping tarp.
You will need extra hands for pitching this unit. Finding the right place for this giant can be a challenging task If you will camp in the middle of the season.
Pros & Cons of 12 Person Camping Tents
- Tall design
- Space for gear storage
- Big windows and doors for ventilation and views
- Usually, come with room dividers for privacy and as a movie projector
- You will be able to put air beds and cots inside for comfortable sleeping
- Not suitable for backpacking
- Some models are not so easy to pitch and dissemble
Pick the right 12 person tent
If you’re looking for a tent that can accommodate the whole family, I’ve got you covered.
My list of the best 12-person tents will have something for everyone, regardless of your budget or camping style so go ahead and find the perfect one for your next outdoor excursion.