Backpacking is a great way to enjoy with your loved one somewhere where you will be able to connect and to catch up. Do you have a tent yet?
Picking a tent that will protect you from elements is the first thing to consider. The best 2 person tents are usually lightweight and easier to carry than bigger tents.
Check my list of the best 2 man tents on Amazon which are good quality, lightweight and easy to set up.
Best 2 Person Tents for backpacking
Top 2 man tents in more details
What tent is appropriate if you are going backpacking with your partner or a friend? Well, it shouldn’t be heavy and bulky to carry, right? See the features of my top picks that are considered as the best 2 man tents in 2019.
TETON Sports Mountain Ultra Tent
- STAY DRY Waterproof rainfly with a 360degree ventilation system for optimal air flow that allows a...
- ROOM WITH A VIEW Get away from the city lights and enjoy a full view of the Milky Way; Full dome...
- EASY TO SET UP Lightweight tent packs down tight for backpacking hiking and camping; Micro mesh...
- PACKS UP EASILY When it’s time to head home the Mountain Ultra Tent is a quick hasslefree take...
- TETON SPORTS PROMISE Reach out to our AMAZING product support team if you have any questions or...
The TETON Sports Mountain Ultra is one of the most trusted models on the market available today. This tent with a waterproof feature is designed to last. With TETON, you can be confident that you are investing in a tent which you can use for years, especially due to the lifetime guarantee.
This is a 4 season tent, which means that you are going to be protected from natural elements regardless of what time of the year you are planning to camp.
It has a 150D Oxford footprint. The inner tent is made of micro mesh for good ventilation and stargazing at night. The rainfly is waterproof with built-in vents. Its dimensions are 82.5″ x 63″ x 45″ and it weighs 5.5 pounds.
ALPS Mountaineering Zephyr Tent
- There's no assembly frustration with our Zephyr Tent series; this free-standing, aluminum two-pole...
- Polyester tent fly resists water and UV damage while adding two vestibules for extra storage
- Great ventilation with two mesh doors and entire mesh walls
- Fully equipped with #8 zippers, mesh storage pockets, gear loft, aluminum stakes and guy ropes
- Base Size: 4'10 x 7'4, Center Height: 38" Total Weight: 5 lbs. 8 oz., Minimum Weight: 4 lbs. 11 oz.,...
This is a 3-season model which I believe is one of the lightest 2 man tents. It has a free-standing, aluminum two-pole design which enables an easy setup due to the clips snapping on the poles. The tent’s base size is 4’10 x 7’4, while the center hight is 38 inches. It weighs 4 lbs. 11 oz.
It has a heightened roof, which prevents you from getting cramped for space while at the same time letting you move around freely. It doesn’t need extra weatherproofing as it has a factory seam-sealed floor and a 75D 185T polyester fly with 1500mm coating. The floor is made of 75D 185T Poly Taffeta material with 3000mm coating. It is a tent with 2 vestibules and 2 doors.
Coleman Sundome Tent
- Dome tent with a sturdy frame that withstands 35+ mph winds
- Easy setup in only 10 minutes. Good for backpacking
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
- Large windows and a ground vent for superior ventilation
- Measures 7 x 5 feet with 4-foot center height
This 2 person dome tent from Coleman is another great one worth checking out. It measures 7 x 5 feet and has a 4-foot center height. The tent has a big door for easy access. It has 2 windows that have a rain fly for ventilation as well as cross ventilation. Its weight is 7.17 pounds.
In order to be protected from leaking, the tent has connected seams and the WeatherTec system to make sure you are protected from the elements. You can easily set it up due to snag-free, continuous pole sleeves. It has a fire retardant material and a flashlight loop on the ceiling.
Mounchain Camping Tent
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: The external tent -- PU3500MM polyester with 210T waterproof coating, and...
- 3-4 SEASONS: This tent combination fits almost the whole year. You could use the inner tent in...
- FOR 2 PERSONS: Package weight 5.8 lbs with a carry bag, fits for travelling, Backpacking, Camping,...
- STRONG BRACKETS: High-duty aviation aluminum pole with diameter 0.33 inch/8.5 mm.
- VENTILATION AND VIEW: Two-way zippered mesh window on the inner tent provides fabulous ventilation...
This tent for two is a 3 season model that is user-friendly. Its inner tent is made of 210T breathable polyester and B3 mesh. The outer layer is made of PU 3500mm polyester with 210T waterproof coating and waterproof adhesive strip. The tent measures 106 x 82 x 45 inches when opened. The floor is made of 210D waterproof coating PU 4000 mm Oxford.
This Mounchain model weighs 5.8 pounds. Setting it up should take a few minutes. It has a second-layer rain cover that helps to keep it warm during colder weather.
The bottom of it has sidewalls that are approximately 4 inches thick, so, if it ever rains hard, you can assure that you’ll be dry during your stay. The poles are made of high-duty aviation aluminum pole that has a diameter of 0.33 inch/8.5 mm.
- 2-PERSON: This backpacking tent is spacious enough to accommodate up to two people, perfect for...
- WEATHER PROTECTED: Seam Taped Construction makes an impenetrable barrier against Rain and prevents...
- EASY TO SET UP & FREESTANDING: Single Aluminum pole structure makes the tent easy to set up and pack...
- 3 SEASON: This tent is suitable for 3 Seasons and preferred use for Hiking, Expeditions, Fishing,...
- WARRANTY & ACCESSORIES: Backed with a limited lifetime manufacturing warranty and from a U.S....
This is an ultralight 3 season tent that weighs 5 pounds. It is made of tear-resistant waterproof fabrics. It has 2 doors and vestibules. The tent has taped seams and a bathtub floor that is made of 210-denier nylon with 3000mm coating.
This freestanding unit has one aluminum pole. The floor dimensions are 84 x 51 inches. The tent has 43 inches of center height. It also has a 75-denier Ripstop Polyester with a 3000mm coating rainfly to keep you protected in case of rain.
What do you need to consider?
Consider the next factors as most important when picking a tent for two persons.
It’s essential for you to find a lightweight tent with high quality and durable material. Look for a tent that won’t slow you down as you trek to your campsite or hike through the hills.
Another important consideration when shopping for a tent is the size. A 2-person tent for camping will usually accommodate two persons comfortably, but it can also be perfect for only one camper who wants more living space and area for camping gears.
Tents come in different styles. Two of the most common ones are a dome and a pop-up tent. Dome tents are more stable due to poles while pop-ups are pitched fast as you just throw them in the air.
Spend quality outdoor time together
I am sure you don’t want to invite a person camping and disappoint him or her because you didn’t think of a decent tent for two of you. I presented you the best 2 person tents for camping and hiking which are of high-quality. Consider what you need for an outdoor trip and buy a tent that meets the requirements of you and your fellow camper.