When going on a hiking or a camping trip, there are some things that you should always have with you. A tent is a necessity that will offer shelter and a place to rest. All types of tents come with specific advantages, also the best 3 person tents that I listed below.
What is the best 3 person tent?
Choosing the best 3 man tent could be intimidating. Here are the tents from reputable outdoor brands that will offer shelter for three people outdoors.
Winterial 3 Person Tent
- FEATURES include: Rain Fly Vented Roof ,Two Durable ALUMINUM Tipped Tent Poles Screen and Solid...
- EASILY holds 3 people. Comparable to Coleman and Alps Mountaineering
- 4 Metal Stakes; Open Dimensions: 82 x 64 x 46 inches, Pack Dimensions: 23.8 x 4.4 x 4.1 inches /...
- PERFECT for any outdoor trip, lightweight and is very compact when folded
- GREAT 3 person backpacking tent that can be easily packed for your trip!
The Winterial 3 person tent is the first one on my list. It is simple and straightforward and it doesn’t come with any parts that you may think are not necessary. The tent measures 82 x 64 x 46 inches and has 4.4lbs.
It has two aluminum poles and four stakes. This ultralight 3 person tent has a removable rainfly and two zippered doors with ventilation screens. Its roof ventilation feature doesn’t compromise during rainy days so you will be safe from the leakage. It features a split door fly that you can roll up.
- Two zippered doors
- Extremely lightweight
- Easy and fast to assemble
- Ideal for taller people
- Paracords are not very durable
- A footprint is not included
Teton Sports Mountain Ultra Tent
- STAY DRY AND KEEP COOL: Waterproof rainfly has built-in vents for optimal air flow that allows a...
- ROOM WITH A VIEW: Get away from the city lights and enjoy a full view of the Milky Way; Full mesh...
- EASY TO SET UP: Lightweight tent packs down tight for backpacking and camping; Micro mesh inner tent...
- PACKS UP EASILY: When it's time to head home the Mountain Ultra Tent fits easily into the storage...
- TETON SPORTS PROMISE: Reach out to our AMAZING customer service team if you have any questions or...
This dome unit is one of the most flexible and extremely regarded tents on the market you can find today. Its dimensions are 90″ x 78″ x 49″ and it weighs 6.6 pounds. This model features 2 doors. It has a waterproof rainfly with built-in vents and tube-like tent floor. A footprint is made from 150D Oxford. A full mesh top serves for ventilation at hot nights and for stargazing.
This 3-person tent is definitely built to last, so, you will be confident that it will offer the performance you need as the company offers a lifetime warranty. As a four-season shelter, you will be happy to know that it will keep you protected from the elements regardless of camping time.
- Easy to setup
- Quality material
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- May produce some leaks on heavy rain
Eureka Tetragon HD
- Eureka! 's freestanding, two-pole dome architecture includes a fiberglass frame with clips and...
- A large main door provides easy access to the interior, while the no-see-um mesh roof and side...
- Protect your camping companions from the elements with the waterproof rain fly, bathtub floor, and...
- The tent includes the exclusive E! Media Center in-tent entertainment hub for quiet time or rainy...
- Sleeps three people; measures 7 feet by 7 feet (floor) and 4 feet 4 inches tall at peak; weighs 6...
This freestanding unit is one of the best 3 person camping tents which accommodates up to three persons and has a two-pole design. Its frame is made of fiberglass with clips and ring/pin corner assemblies which enable fast pitch. This model has one D-shaped door.
It measures 7 feet x 7 feet (floor) and is 4 feet 4 inches tall at peak. Its weight is 6 pounds 7 ounces. No-see-um mesh roof and side panels take care of proper ventilation. The Tetragon model has waterproof rain fly, bathtub floor, and fully seam-taped construction.
It has 2-mesh gear pockets where you can keep your personal items. You will also have a flashlight loop, clothesline loops, and a gear loft. The special feature of this tent model is the E! media center where you can put your favorite device and watch a movie or listen to your favorite songs.
- Compact and durable
- Extra storage
- E! media center
- Easy setup
- Not ideal for people with a bigger people
Naturehike Cloud up 3 person tent
- DIMENSIONS for 3 PERSON -- Inner layer size: 85(L) x 71(W) x 43(H) inches. Outer layer with extra...
- EASY to SET UP -- Quick and easy to set up, it takes less than 5 minutes to set up the tent with...
- 4 SEASONS with 1 TENT -- It has double layers can be used for many ways of camping: inner and outer...
- SAVE WEIGHT & SPACE -- Designs for backpacking adventures, Naturehike Cloud-up 3 person tent weights...
- BEST QUALITY on AMAZON -- [Inner tent] made with anti-scratch 210T nylon, comfortable & breathable;...
This lightweight backpacking unit is a 4 season dome tent that can accommodate up to 3 persons. The inner material is made with anti-scratch 210T nylon mesh while the full cover rainfly is made of 210T rip-stop nylon with PU3000mm coating.
The poles and strong and lightweight due to 7001 space aluminum. It is a freestanding unit that will take you around 2 minutes to set up. It weighs 5.7lbs and measures 84.6″x70.9″x43.3″. The tent has one door and a UV protection of 50+.
- Quality materials
- Fast setup
- 4 season
- Comes with a footprint
- Instructions could be better
- Zippers can snag easily
Wenzel Alpine 3 Person Tent
- 3-person, 3-pole pentadome tent with removable fly
- Shock-corded fiberglass frame for quick and easy setup
- Integrated mud mat with drainage strip to keep tent clean
- 2 mesh windows and D-style front door for ventilation
- Measures 8.5 x 4 x 8 feet (W x H x D); weighs 8 pounds
Wenzel Alpine model measures 8.5 x 4 x 8 feet and weighs 8 pounds. This 3-pole pentadome tent has a vestibule where you can store your gear. It has a D-shape door with mesh window and closable mesh windows for cross ventilation. You will pitch it easily due to shock-corded fiberglass frame and pole pockets.
The tent has integrated mud mat with drainage strip to keep it clean. This model has a gear loft and hanging gear pocket. It is more suitable to use during the winter.
- Easy to set up
- Quite spacious inside
- Not very breathable
- Windows are quite small
- The fabric is quite thin
Hopefully, this article has been helpful for you to decide which one of these best 3 person tents is worth buying. Before you go outdoors make sure that you have the right one for your destination.
If you will go to a location that is known for its hot weather take a tent that has plenty of mesh and vents. However, if you are expecting cold and precipitation, get one that is waterproof and made of quality materials.