With a lot of tents available on the market today, choosing one of the best 4 person tents for camping is a challenging task. I am giving you my top picks so you will enjoy the great outdoors.
Coleman 4 Person Instant Cabin Tent
- Instant tent sets up in just 1 minute; Spacious interior has room for 1 queen airbed
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
- Rugged Polyguard 2X double-thick fabric for reliable, long-lasting use; Pre-attached poles for...
- Integrated vented rainfly improves airflow without any extra assembly needed
- Measures 8 x 7 feet with 4-foot 11-inch center height
This Coleman cabin tent sets up quick due to the preassembled poles – you can easily set it up in less than a minute. It has 8 x 7 feet of space and measures 4 foot, 11 inches in center hight. You can put a queen bed inside.
The WeatherTec system patented welded floor and inverted seams will protect you from rain. Its integrated vented rainfly offer additional protection and enables air ventilation. It is made of rugged Polyguard 2X double-thick fabric that is durable and long-lasting.
- Quick setup
- WeatherTec system
- Big windows for ventilation
- Spacious and reliable
- Not appropriate in a heavy storm
Browning Glacier 4 person tent
- Free-standing, aluminum two-pole design offers easy assembly with pole clips that snap over tent...
- Full coverage fly offers two large vestibules and maximum protection from weather and UV damage
- Straight side walls gives you ultimate interior room for more storage and head space. Pole diameter:...
- Fully equipped with mesh roof vents, two doors with zippered mesh windows, mesh storage pockets,...
- Base Size: 8' x 9', Center Height: 6', Total Weight: 19 lbs. 4 oz.
This freestanding model is a hybrid of a cabin and dome-style tent and occupies up to 4 people. It has 72 square feet of space and weights 19.2 pounds. You can use cots and bunk-cots as they are going to fit nicely against sheer walls. The poles are aluminum.
The floor is made of 210D Oxford polyester with 2000mm coating. The rainfly is made of 75D 210D polyester which resists UV rays. It has extra large zippers and is designed to keep the warmth, but also offers good ventilation due to big windows and side vents.
- High quality
- Overall protection
- Large doors and windows for ventilation
- Multiple storage pockets
- Quite heavy
- Doesn’t come with vents on the fly
Gazelle Pop Up Portable Camping Tent
- CONVENIENCE: A 90 second set-up and packs up into a 67.5 inch duffle bag. Spaciously sleep up to...
- RAINFLY WITH INTEGRATED POLES: A waterproof rainfly with taped seams is included with each tent. The...
- STURDY POP-UP HUB DESIGN: Our camping tents come fully assembled and pop-up fast thanks to the...
- DURABLE BEEFY YKK ZIPPERS: Zippers go through a lot of abuse, and there is nothing worse than...
- REMOVABLE FLOOR: The rugged polyester floor is held securely in place by a thick strip of extra...
This Gazelle pop up model can accommodate up to 4 people and looks like a hexagon tent. It sets up fast (in 90 seconds), has 61 sq. feet of space and 78 inches of center hight. This model has metal hubs and fiberglass poles. The weight is 30lb and is made of couted 21 denier Oxford weave polyester. It can handle up to 2000mm hydrostatic head.
It features durable YKK zippers and waterproof rainfly with taped seams. The floor is made from rugged polyester and can be easily removed and cleaned. It has 2 doors and 6 mesh windows for ventilation and view. You can store your items in gear loft, 2 storage nets and 4 wall mounted pouch pockets.
- Fast pitch
- Attractive design
- Full rainfly
- Large windows for natural light
- Setting it up is not so simple
Kelty Salida Tent
- Backpack-friendly compact folding poles, Gearloft loops, Color coded clip and fly attachment.Wall...
- Roll top cube carry bag, Easy set up, Free standing, Fabric/mesh tent walls
- Kelty hug clip, Easy entry D door, Internal storage pockets, Fully seam taped construction
- Seasons: 3, Number of doors: 1, Number of vestibules: 1, Number of poles: 2, Capacity: 4
- Floor area: 55 ft² / 5.11 m², Vestibule area: 11 ft² / 1.02 m². Wall material: 68D Polyester,...
Kelty Salida is a 3 season dome tent for up to 4 people. It is freestanding and backpack friendly. Due to the easy pitch, it is perfect for beginners. It is designed to ensure stability through all weather conditions and terrain.
Walls are made of 68D polyester and 40D No-See-Um mesh material. The floor material is 68D nylon with 1800mm coating. Its seams are fully taped. It has a gear loft loops, color-coded clip, and a rainfly. The floor area measures 55 square feet. It comes with aluminum poles.
- Easy to set up
- Made of high-quality material
- Poor ventilation
- Not appropriate for tall people
ALPS Mountaineering Taurus 4-Person Tent
- There's no assembly frustration with our Taurus Tent series; this free-standing, fiberglass two-pole...
- Polyester tent fly resists water and UV damage while adding two vestibules for extra storage and...
- Mesh roof, two entryways and a zippered window on each door offers easy access and great ventilation
- Fully equipped with #8 zippers, mesh storage pockets, gear loft, aluminum stakes and guy ropes
- Base Size: 7'6 x 8'6, Center Height: 52", Total Weight: 10 lbs. 8 oz.
This tent has a free-standing fiberglass pole system that allows easy entry with 2 doors on both sides. It is lightweight as it weighs 10lbs 11 oz. and can occupy up to 4 people. It measures 64 square feet and has 52 inches of center hight.
The floor is made of 185T Poly taffeta with 2000mm coating while the fly is made of 75D 185T polyester with 1500mm coating. This tent has a good ventilation system with mesh on the roof and windows. It has double vestibules for additional storage of your gear.
- Good height
- Dual access doors
- High-quality materials
- Easy to set up
- Carbon fiber poles are quite heavy
- Not so spacious for 4 people
Features to Consider
When choosing a tent for your family vacation or camping with friends, you should consider the next features.
Consider the size and number of campers. I recommend getting a bigger tent as you will store your gears and have more space.
Two common types are fixed and freestanding. Fixed tents need guy line support that stretches the tent fabric and secure them to the ground.
Freestanding, on the other hand, don’t need guy lines, though, in extreme temperature and strong winds, stakes and guy lines could be used to support and anchor it securely. If there are no guy lines, the freestanding one is better as it is easier to move.
Make sure to get one that is suitable for the weather. Do you need a tent for summer camping? Look for one that has a lot of mesh and vents. However, if you are expecting unpredictable weather choose a waterproof one.
To find an appropriate one, consider the features that I stated as vital. Look at the best 4 person tents on my list and find your winner.