There is nothing more relaxing than going to the wild with people you love. Camping requires good preparation and equipment for a pleasant outdoor experience.
With a lot of tents available on the market today, choosing the best 4 person tent for camping is a challenging task. I am giving you my top 5 picks so you will enjoy the great outdoors.
Best 4 person tents On The Market
Best 4 man tents Review
Every camping tent is different and when choosing yours consider features that will fit your needs. Here are the details of the tents that can occupy up to 4 people.
Coleman 4 Person Instant Cabin Tent
- WEATHERPROOF: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; integrated rainfly...
- BUILT TO LAST: Double-thick fabric stands up to the elements season after season
- INSTANT SETUP: In as fast as 1 minute
- ROOMY INTERIOR: 8 x 7 ft. with 4 ft. 11 in. center height; fits 1 queen-size air bed
- 1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
The Coleman instant cabin tent sets up quick due to the preassembled poles – you can easily set it up in less than a minute. It has 8 x 7 feet of space and measures 4 feet, 11 inches in center hight. You can put a queen bed inside.
The WeatherTec system patented welded floor and inverted seams will protect you from rain. Its integrated vented rainfly offers additional protection and enables air ventilation. It is made of rugged Polyguard 2X double-thick fabric that is durable and long-lasting. This Coleman instant tent is very popular among campers.
Browning Glacier 4 person tent
- Free-standing, aluminum two-pole design offers easy assembly with pole clips that snap over tent...
- Full coverage fly offers two large vestibules and maximum protection from weather and UV damage
- Straight side walls gives you ultimate interior room for more storage and head space. Pole diameter:...
- Fully equipped with mesh roof vents, two doors with zippered mesh windows, mesh storage pockets,...
- Base Size: 8' x 9', Center Height: 6', Total Weight: 19 lbs. 4 oz.
This freestanding model is a hybrid of a cabin and dome-style tent and occupies up to 4 people. It has 72 square feet of space and weighs 19.2 pounds. You can use cots and bunk-cots as they are going to fit nicely against sheer walls. The poles are aluminum.
The floor is made of 210D Oxford polyester with 2000mm coating. The rainfly is made of 75D 210D polyester which resists UV rays. It has extra-large zippers and is designed to keep the warmth, but also offers good ventilation due to big windows and side vents.
Gazelle Pop Up Portable Camping Tent
- Hub style, pop-up tent allows hassel-free 90 second set up
- Removable floor for easy clean-up
- Easy-to-attach rain fly included
- Two doors for easy access
- Heavy duty material sewn over corner joints for reinforcement
This Gazelle pop up model can accommodate up to 4 people and looks like a hexagon tent. It sets up fast (in 90 seconds), has 61 sq. feet of space and 78 inches of center hight. This model has metal hubs and fiberglass poles. The weight is 30lb and is made of coated 21 denier Oxford weave polyester. It can handle up to 2000mm hydrostatic head.
It features durable YKK zippers and waterproof rainfly with taped seams. The floor is made from rugged polyester and can be easily removed and cleaned. It has 2 doors and 6 mesh windows for ventilation and view. You can store your items in gear loft, 2 storage nets and 4-wall mounted pouch pockets.
Kelty Salida Tent
- Backpack-friendly compact folding poles, Gearloft loops, Color coded clip and fly attachment.Wall...
- Roll top cube carry bag, Easy set up, Free standing, Fabric/mesh tent walls
- Kelty hug clip, Easy entry D door, Internal storage pockets, Fully seam taped construction
- Seasons: 3, Number of doors: 1, Number of vestibules: 1, Number of poles: 2, Capacity: 4
- Floor area: 55 ft² / 5.11 m², Vestibule area: 11 ft² / 1.02 m². Wall material: 68D Polyester,...
Kelty Salida is a 3 season 4 person dome tent. It is freestanding and backpack friendly. Due to the easy pitch, it is perfect for beginners. It is designed to ensure stability through all weather conditions and terrain.
Walls are made of 68D polyester and 40D No-See-Um mesh material. The floor material is 68D nylon with 1800mm coating. Its seams are fully taped. It has a gear loft loops, a color-coded clip, and a rainfly. The floor area measures 55 square feet. It comes with aluminum poles.
ALPS Mountaineering Taurus 4-Person Tent
- There's no assembly frustration with our Taurus Tent series; this free-standing, fiberglass two-pole...
- Polyester tent fly resists water and UV damage while adding two vestibules for extra storage and...
- Mesh roof, two entryways and a zippered window on each door offers easy access and great ventilation
- Fully equipped with #8 zippers, mesh storage pockets, gear loft, aluminum stakes and guy ropes
- Base Size: 7'6 x 8'6, Center Height: 52", Total Weight: 10 lbs. 8 oz., Color: Sage/Rust
This is a small 4 person tent that has a free-standing fiberglass pole system that allows easy entry with 2 doors on both sides. It is lightweight as it weighs 10lbs 11 oz. It measures 64 square feet and has 52 inches of center hight.
The floor is made of 185T Poly taffeta with 2000mm coating while the fly is made of 75D 185T polyester with 1500mm coating. This tent has a good ventilation system with mesh on the roof and windows. It is a tent with double vestibules for additional storage of your gear.
Features to Consider
When choosing a tent for your family vacation or camping with friends, you should consider the next features.
Consider the size and number of campers when getting a new tent. I recommend getting a bigger tent as you will be able to store your gears and have more space.
Camping tents are advertised for a specific number of campers but it happens many times that people are complaining regarding too little space inside. In this regard, I recommend getting a bigger one so you will have more freedom in the tent and also a place for storing the gear and personal things.
Two common tent types are fixed and freestanding. Fixed tents need guy line support that stretches the tent fabric and secure them to the ground.
Freestanding, on the other hand, don’t need guy lines, though, in extreme temperature and strong winds, stakes and guy lines could be used to support and anchor it securely. If there are no guy lines, the freestanding one is better as it is easier to move.
Make sure to get one that is suitable for the weather. Do you need a tent for summer camping? Look for one that has a lot of mesh and vents. However, if you are expecting unpredictable weather choose a waterproof camping tent.
Look for the right tent features
To find an appropriate camping tent for your group camping, consider the features that I stated as vital. If you will camp in hot weather then focus on a tent with lots of mesh that will provide ventilation.
However, if the weather will be harsh, rainy and windy then you should take care of the safety and get a good waterproof tent with a rainfly that will prevent leakage and keep you warm inside. Look at the best 4 person tents on my list and find your winner.