Do you know which is the most important equipment if you are a passionate camper who loves to go outdoors throughout the year?
Having a 4-season tent means that you can throw it in your trunk or backpack and use it whenever you want.
With this all-year tent, you will be protected from the elements and at the same time have enough ventilation. It is designed to withstand snow loads, heavy wind, and sand storms.
So, if you intend to camp no matter the weather this is the perfect choice for you. I picked the best 4 season tents for you to enjoy the great outdoors.
Best four-season tents
All year camping tents are sturdy and have a good ventilation system. Since you can use them in hot and cold weather these have many features.
They have different hydrostatic head levels and are built to provide warmth. All-year tents can be single or double-walled but mostly they are double-walled so the cold wind can’t reach you as in 3-season models.
Here are 4 season dome tents that are appropriate for every camping or backpacking season and are evaluated as best in the category.
GEERTOP Backpacking Tent
- 【Spacious Tent for 2 Person】GEERTOP tents for camping are suitable for 2 people or couples...
- 【Waterproof Tent for All Weather 】Tent flysheet with snow skirt used the rugged 210T anti-tear...
- 【Quick & Easy to Set Up】Self standing of the aluminum tent poles - sturdy but lightweight, it is...
- 【Comfortable & Breathable】The dual doors with double layer are great for ventilation; It is cool...
- 【Lightweight Camping】It is just over 7 pounds and light enough for bike and canoe camping and...
This freestanding backpacking unit can accommodate up to 2 persons and it is just big enough for two normal-sized sleeping bags. The model is double-layered and it weighs 6.4lbs.
It is made of 210T anti-tear checkered polyester which has a 3000mm polyester coating for UV and element protection.
The floor is made of Oxford fabric with a 5000mm polyester coating. It includes strong but lightweight aluminum poles.
The outer layer measures 82 x 102 x 45 inches while the inner layer measures 78 x 55 x 41 inches.
You will use the inner tent layer for camping in a warm season while you will use an outer layer for colder nights. You can choose between two colors.
The double-mesh windows will give you fresh air in summer and optimal airflow in winter. It has double-stitched seams for rain protection and durability.
The tent is easy to assemble in just a few minutes. It features a heavy-duty, twosided zipper design and reflective ropes that are easy to see in the dark.
It has two doors, a light hook, and storage pockets. A built-in snow skirt will protect you in case of snow and keep the ground under the tent dry.
The unit has 2 vestibules for protecting the entrance and to store your gear. It comes in a handy storage duffle bag.
DANCHEL 4-Season Family Canvas Tent
- 1-2 PERSON CAMPING: Dia. 3m /9.8ft, top height 2m/6.5ft, wall height 1.97 ft. door height 4.9ft....
- DURABLE IN EXTREME WEATHER: Made of environment-friendly 100% cotton canvas fabric waterproof which...
- AIRY& ROOMY: 4 windows and mesh panels. There are also 4 vents on the roof which provide good...
- YURT TENT FOR LIVING: One 12.7cm/5inch multipurpose jack on wall side which can connect your laptop,...
- LUXURY GLAMPING TENT: Spacious interior for families. Idea for gathering in backyard, family...
This is a 4-season family tent in the shape of a tepee that is made of natural canvas material. It has a 10ft diameter, a 78 sq. ft area, and a 6.5ft center height. It can accommodate up to 8 people. It weighs 55 pounds.
It features steel poles, 285GSM cotton canvas fabric with a 3000mm rainproof coat, and a sheet with a strong 540GSM PVC floor.
Its 4 windows have mesh and the doors can be rolled up to have ventilation and view. The vents are on the rooftop.
It features an SBS zipper, and a rain cap above the front door pole to stop leakage. Water splashes don’t have a chance due to a high bathtub design.
Summer/winter tent features
Roll the walls up in the summer and set up a stove inside in winter because the tent has a stove hole (3.9inch) at the side that fits most of the stove chimney pipe.
This way your family will feel warm like at home’s fireplace. There is a ring where you can hang a lantern.
Naturehike Cloud up tent
- 【ULTRA-LIGHTWEIGHT】: Naturehike's Cloud up 3-season, 2-person backpacking tent offers the most...
- 【QUALITY THROUGHOUT】: The high-quality details include but not limited to smooth and reliable...
- 【WATERPROOF】: The Cloud up 210T tent polyester rain fly & bathtub with a PU 3000 coating is...
- 【QUICK & EASY SETUP】: Naturehike's tents come with a straightforward instruction manual. The...
- 【GUARANTEED AFTER-SALE SERVICE】: Naturehike provides an unconditional 30-day money-back...
This is a freestanding double-layer dome tent that accommodates up to 2 persons. The weight of this model is 4.7 pounds. Its dimensions are 82.6 x 47.2 x 39.4 inches.
The inner tent is made of anti-scratch 210T nylon mesh and the rain fly of 210T rip-stop nylon and silicone which is coated with 3000mm polyester.
The floor features 210T polyester with a 3000mm coating to prevent water vapor from the ground. Its poles are made of lightweight 7001 space aluminum that can handle snow.
A vestibule (24inch) enables you to store the gear. It has one door and is easy to set up in minutes.
YKK dual zippers, mesh interior pockets, durable rip-stop fabric materials, full-coverage rainfly, and firm lightweight structure make this Naturehike model one of the most user-friendly tents on the market that can handle all four seasons. The package includes a wind rope and a footprint.
Luxe Tempo 2 person tent
- Inner Tent is constructed from a LARGE PANEL of 210T highly breathable polyester for great...
- This tent is designed to deliver years' service;FULLY TAPED Rip-Stop rainfly with outstanding...
- Multi-functional MESH GEAR LOFT not only offering handy storage for essentials,but also helping...
- 2 VESTIBULES provides ample gear storage space;vestibule doors can be affixed to fully closed or...
- Mesurements:Floor,55.1 * 82.6 in.;Peak Height,43.3 in.;Vestibule:8.7 sq.ft+6.8 sq.ft; Packed...
This Luxe Tempo model is a freestanding unit that can accommodate up to 2 persons. It measures 82.6 x 55.1 x 43.3 inches and has 5.7 pounds.
The inner tent is made of 210T highly breathable polyester that has interwoven rip-stop reinforcement threads.
Poly-ether in PU formulations takes care of UV rays. The rain fly is made of fully-tapped rip-stop material that has a 5000mm coating. Poles are made of 8.5mm aluminum.
The front door canvas flap is made with style, and it’s possible to prop it up like a little porch which can be used as a shelter from vertical rain. It has 2 screened doors and 2 vestibules for storing gear and equipment.
The tent has big mesh windows and a mesh roof for high-low cross ventilation.
It features a bathtub floor and carefully welded corners for dry camping. Multi-functional gear loft offers storage space while the reversible SBS anti-grit zippers enable opening doors from inside and outside.
It includes 2 vestibules (8.7 sq. ft + 6.8 sq. ft) for ample gear storage space while their doors can be fully closed or open for increased ventilation.
ALPS Mountaineering Tasmanian tent
- There's no assembly frustration with our Tasmanian Tent series, this aluminum, free-standing pole...
- Polyester fly will resist water and UV rays while adding two vestibules for extra storage
- Easy entry and great ventilation with two doors, both with zippered mesh windows
- Fully equipped with #8 zippers mesh storage pockets gear loft aluminum stakes and guy ropes
- Base Size: 5'2 x 7'8, Center Height: 46", Total Weight: 7 lbs. 10 oz. , Minimum Weight: 6 lbs. 11...
This model measures 5’2 x 7’8 and has a 46″ center height. Its weight is 7lbs. 3oz. It can accommodate up to 2 persons.
A full-coverage fly is made by 75D 185T Polyester (+1500mm coating), while the floor is made by 75D 185T Poly Taffeta (+5000mm coating).
The Tasmanian model has a freestanding multi-hub 7000 series aluminum pole design with a weatherproof shock cord that enables quick assembly. Stakes are aluminum.
It features 2 vestibules for rain and snow protection. This ALPS Mountaineering model has 2 doors with zippered mesh windows.
The company included #8 zippers, large mesh storage pockets on the sides, gear loft, and guy ropes. It is a quality tent to use all year round also because of factory sealed seams and weatherproof fly buckles.
Snugpak The Ionosphere 1 Man Tent
Ionosphere model is a tent that has dimensions 94″ x 35″ x 28″ and can occupy one person and his gear. It weighs 3.3 pounds.
It features DAC Featherlite NSL anodized aluminum poles with press-fit connectors.
The flysheet is made of 210T polyester RipStop with 5000 millimeter waterproof and windproof polyurethane coating. The mosquito net is made of no-see-um mesh.
Seams are tape-sealed. It has a 2 pole system that keeps condensation at a minimum.
With the purchase, you will get a repair kit that includes a metal pole repair sleeve, tent guide rope tensioner, spare cord, elastic loop, and patch materials. It is a small and compact model that will be easy to carry and pitch.
Vidalido Tepee Camping Tent
- MULTIFUNCTION USE:Conical appearance, with enough space and height inside, can make people stand...
- SUPERIOR CONSTRUCTION:The tipi family tent is made of anti-tear 190T patterned polyester and 150D...
- COST PERFORMANCE:This tent has a capacity of 5-6 people! Perfect for family camping or adventures...
- VENTILATION: Both doors and windows are 2000D PU 3000MM high-density mesh structure design.Nylon...
- EASY SETUP＆PORTABLE: We have designed this tent to be very easy to setup.Our team was able to do...
Vidalido made a tepee 4-season model that can occupy up to 4-6 people (2 adults + 4 children max) and is the perfect solution for all year camping.
You can fit 2 twin size air mattresses inside. It weighs 14 pounds which is quite lightweight for the family tepee tent.
The tent is made of anti-tear 190T patterned polyester and 150D Oxford fabric. It includes premium anti-rust and reinforced steel poles for sturdiness.
Both doors and windows are manufactured with 2000D PU that has a 3000MM coated high-density mesh structure.
Stitching taping and caulking treatment take care of the waterproof and windproof structure. It has a large door that can be used as a large vestibule.
For the airflow and bug-free camping is taken care of since it has nylon polyester mesh doors and roof.
A hook is handy since you will be able to hang a lantern or other lighting source. Colorful flags are a nice addition.
It is easy to set up as you will have to do only 4 steps to get it ready. A tent pole design enables straightforward setup in minutes.
MoKo Waterproof Family Camping Tent
- ✔ EASY SET UP: Instead of messy and complicated installation work, this family camping tent...
- ✔ RELIABLE CONSTRUCTION: Double layer designed, the flysheet is well made with 2500mm+ water...
- ✔ SPACIOUS COMMODIOUS: Measures 6.9 by 5.9 feet for the tent size to accommodate 3 person and...
- ✔ ULTRA PORTABLE: Come with a carrying bag down to 7.8"*8.2"*21.6" in package size for easy...
- ✔ WARRANTY: We believe in our products and back them with a full year warranty and easy to...
This is a 4 season family unit which is appropriate to accommodate up to 3 people (2 adults comfortable).
It measures 7 x 9 ft. and has 3,5 ft. of height. The tent can fit three sleeping bags side by side and weighs just about 10 pounds.
The floor is made of waterproof 1000D polyethylene with a 5000mm coating. The flysheet has 2500mm of the coating. All material is fire-retardant. The product has fiberglass poles.
It has a sort of open front porch with a doored inner room. So, you can leave your things under the (3 feet) vestibule. It has one door and a window for ventilation, and a detachable rainfly.
There are side pockets for item storage and a hook for hanging a lantern. A roof hood is detachable, the zippers are metal. This model is a budget 4-season tent as it is the cheapest among the presented products.
Eureka! Mountain Pass 4 Season Tent
- Built for heavy weather but made of lightweight materials, the four-season, three-person Eureka!...
- With a highly breathable, lightweight canopy and zippered, removable side panels, the Mountain Pass...
- Waterproof rain fly keeps the tent protected from the elements and creates two vestibules (14.2...
- High/Low Vent - Air Exchange system allows cooler air in through the low vents and warmer air up and...
- Features removable side panels that provide an added layer of protection in changing conditions,...
Mountain Pass from Eureka! is a 3 person tent that has 45 square feet of floor area. Its center height is 3 feet 8 inches. It weighs 6.8 pounds.
Material and other features
The canopy is made of 100% no-see-um mesh and is breathable and lightweight. Poles are aluminum and the fly is waterproof.
The unit includes zippered, removable side panels that provide additional protection and warmth. It has 2 vestibules (14. 2 square foot front, 9. 5 square foot rear).
With the high/low vent, your interior will be well-ventilated. A large gear loft and five pockets for storing essentials come in handy. Guy lines and stakes are included. It has a 2-pole system and 2 doors.
If you want instructions for the setup, and tent tips, click here to see the setup process (in images) and how to handle the unit properly.
GEERTOP LandLope Camping Tent
- 【Large Family Tent for 4 - 5】GEERTOP "LandLope 3" outdoor tent with spacious space - 82.67 x...
- 【Instant Tent for Indoor Outdoor】No particular skills needed; 2 people could set up the tent...
- 【Double Layer Tent with Vestibule】 Durable alumium poles, freestanding inner tent, separately...
- 【Portable & Ventilation】The camping tent for family comes with 2 mesh door entrances, 5...
- 【Water-Reistant Camp Tent】The large tent is made of waterproof polyester material, with the...
This Geertop LandLope model has space for 4 people who can camp with it throughout the year. The inner tent measures 82.67 x 84.64 x 49.21 inches. It weighs 10.58 pounds.
The flysheet is manufactured with 210T 2500mm PU waterproof polyester while the inner tent is made of 190T breathable polyester. The floor is made of 50D Oxford cloth with the 3000mm PU waterproof coating. Poles are aluminum.
It is a double-layer unit. The inner layer is freestanding. Use the outer layer when camping in cold temperatures and precipitation.
It has a large vestibule (39.37 inches) for storing gear and shoes. The model includes 2 mesh entrances and 5 ventilation windows.
You will be able to set it up in a few minutes due to the 2 pole design. It includes a double-side zipper, double stitching, and several vents on the fly. A corner storage pocket serves for small item storage.
The top 4 season tents for sale
My personal prize goes to the Luxe Tempo freestanding tent. After I was done hiking I found myself setting it up just to let some of my hiking gear dry after getting wet on the way home.
I didn’t want to set it on the ground because the dogs have a way of making things disappear into holes in the backyard. But I wanted one more excuse to crawl inside it one last time before I put it away for the end of the hiking season.
What is the best all-weather tent?
The best all-weather tent must protect you in all weather conditions. It is manufactured to provide you shelter to sleep and to protect you from rain, snow, sand and wind gusts.
When looking for it make sure that it is appropriate to use it in wintertime. It should have features that will protect you from the elements you encounter.
What makes a tent 4 season?
An all-weather model has features that enable you to camp all year long without replacing tents each season.
This type is sturdy and has a solid construction to withstand the cold elements in wintertime. Meanwhile, it has mesh and vents to camp in the summertime as well.
What makes a good all-year tent?
This type of unit will protect you from snow loads, harsh winds, and possible sand storms.
It must be manufactured with quality fabric in mind and also the shape of it with special features like a hydrostatic head, a vestibule, double walls, and a good anchoring system.
Are 4 season tents warmer?
4-season tents are warmer in comparison to 3-season ones because they are double-layered.
Double layers are needed to provide additional warmth and protection from the cold. This is why they are appropriate to use in the wintertime.
Do you need this type of tent?
If you intend to camp like most of the campers, on warmer days, then you don’t need one. Most tents are 3 season type as camping is preferable on pleasantly warm days.
However, when camping in winter or in cold remote areas, you will need a solid model that will protect you in all-cause.
Can you use it in the summer?
Of course, you can use it in summer, no problem here. However, know that this unit is produced to withstand the harsh elements so it is built with more material and less mesh as in 3 season ones.
This means that you can have trouble with the hot interior nevertheless the tent has vents.
If you will use it in the summer, make sure you pitch it somewhere in the shade and open all vents and windows for proper ventilation. Also, remove the outer tent material for the air to flow inside.
Is this tent necessary for winter camping?
It is advisable that you get one to stay safe and sound when snowstorms and wind are heading your way.
Never sacrifice your life and health with a light camping unit when you are in the mountains it can be dangerous. All-year tents are made for heavy weather conditions so you will be safer with it instead of a 3 season one.
However, you can improvise and use a 3 season model on your backyard when temperatures are not so low and when there some snowflakes or no snow.
A quick reminder: never use a 3-season model in mountains in winter or cold remote areas even if you have enough clothes and heat.
Can you sleep in a tent in the winter?
Tent sleeping in the wintertime requires some preparation. First, you will need a reliable 4-season tent that is designed to protect you from the elements and cold.
Also, think about getting a tent heater to provide additional warmth inside, and don’t forget to dress warm and to bring a blanket.
3-season vs 4-season tent
So, what is the difference between a 3 season and a 4 season camping tent?
A 3 season model has plenty of mesh material for the warmer camping days. They are lighter than a 4 season one and ready to be packed in your backpack to carry it.
An all-year model is quite different. It is built to withstand heavy weather conditions, is more stable and sturdy than a 3 season one.
In general, these all year units have full rainfly to protect you and also a vestibule that is covering the door well so the snow and wind can’t get into your interior.
A sturdy, often aluminum frames are used with these units. They have fewer vents than a 3 season one and are more closed for the cold not to break in.
Full fabric sleeves and utilized pole sections help all-weather tents to protect you even more in winter.
How to choose a 4-season tent?
Choosing your perfect model should be done carefully since you intend to spend a safe and comfortable outdoor stay. Not all tents have the same quality and features.
If you want to have a reliable model that will protect you from snow and wind but still provide optimal airflow pick one of the models from the list above.
What you want to think about is its size. How many campers will stay in a tent? Will you camp alone? I have different tent sizes on the list so pick the one that will make your stay cozy.
How about its weight? Are you going camping with your family or taking a backpacking trip? Family tents are usually heavier than single or two-person units since they have more material.
If you are going backpacking then your goal is to pick the lightest model of all so that it won’t burden you with additional weight.
However, purchase a unit that will fit your needs in general and don’t just rely on one feature.
If a tent has good waterproof features it doesn’t mean that it is suitable for your adventure if it is heavy but you are going to backpack on the trail. Think carefully before making a move and buying the wrong model.
Stay secure with all-weather tent
When you are camping throughout the year you should consider the main features that this type of tent must have. It must be well stitched, sturdy and have the inner layer made with lots of mesh material to provide ventilation.
I showed you the best 4 season tents that you can pick for your adventures. It is your choice which one you will get, just consider all the features before you buy it. Take care of it and you will be able to use it year by year.