Do you know which is the most important equipment if you are an avid camper who loves to camp throughout the year? Having a 4-season tent means that you can throw it in your trunk or backpack and use it whenever you want.
This type of tent must be waterproof and provide enough ventilation at the same time. I picked the best 4 season tents for you so you will enjoy the great outdoors without worries.
Best four season tents of 2019
|GEERTOP Ultralight 2-Man Camping Tent||Check price on Amazon|
|Naturehike Cloud-Up 3-Person Backpacking Tent||Check price on Amazon|
|Luxe Tempo 2-Person Freestanding Tent||Check price on Amazon|
|ALPS Mountaineering Tasmanian 2-Person Tent||Check price on Amazon|
|MoKo Waterproof 3-Person Camping Tent||Check price on Amazon|
Best Rated All-Year Tents
All year camping tents should be sturdy and have good ventilation system at the same time. Since you can use them in hot and cold weather these will have many features. Here are 5 best 4 season dome tents that are appropriate for every camping season and are evaluated as best in the category.
GEERTOP backpacking Tent
- 【WATERPROOF 4 SEASON TENT】Geertop 4 season tent is made of high quality material which is fully...
- 【DOUBLE LAYERS TENT】This double two layers camping tent for 2 persons has two using methods....
- 【LIGHTWEIGHT BACKPACKING TENT 】This 2 person 4 season tent only weigh 6.4 lbs.DIMENSIONS - Outer...
- 【EASY TO SET UP】Quick and easy to set up, one person can easily set up the tent with flysheet in...
- 【2 PERSON TENT】Enough room for 2 adults. Small compact and lightweight enough to be carried in...
This freestanding backpacking tent can accommodate up to 2 persons and it is just big enough for two normal-sized sleeping bags. It is made of 210T anti-tear checkered polyester which has a 3000mm polyester coating.
Use only the inner tent layer for camping or backpacking in a warm season while use also an outer layer for colder nights. It has double-stitched seams for rain protection. The tent weighs 6.4lbs and is easy to assemble.
The floor is made of Oxford fabric with a 5000mm polyester coating. It has two doors, a light hook and storage pockets. A snow skirt will protect you in case of snow.
Naturehike Cloud up tent
- BEST TENT on AMAZON -- [Inner tent] made with anti-scratch 210T Polyester & B3 breathable mesh,...
- DIMENSIONS for 2 PERSON -- Inner layer size: 83(L) x 49(W) x 39(H) inches. Outer layer with extra...
- EASY to SET UP -- Quick and easy to set up, it takes less than 5 minutes to set up the tent with...
- 4 SEASONS with 1 TENT -- It has double layers can be used for many ways of camping: inner and outer...
- 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE -- We stand behind our products. If you are not completely satisfied with...
This is a freestanding dome tent that accommodates up to 2 persons. The inner tent is made of anti-scratch 210T nylon mesh and the rain fly of 210T rip-stop nylon and silicone which is coated with 3000mm polyester.
Tent poles are made of lightweight 7001 space aluminum that can handle snow. The weight of this model is 4.7lbs. A vestibule (24inch) enables you to store the gear.
It is easy to set up in minutes and has one door. This Naturehike model is one of the most ultralight tents on the market that can handle all four seasons.
Luxe Tempo 2 person tent
- Inner Tent is constructed from a LARGE PANEL of 210T highly breathable polyester for great...
- This tent is designed to deliver years'service;TESTED and RELIABLE Water Resistance:FULLY TAPED...
- Multi-functional MESH GEAR LOFT not only offering handy storage for essentials,but also helping...
- 2 VESTIBULES provides ample gear storage space;vestibule doors can be affixed to fully closed or...
- Mesurements:Floor,55.1 * 82.6 in.;Peak Height,43.3 in.;Vestibule:8.7 sq.ft+6.8 sq.ft; Packed...
This Luxe Tempo model is a freestanding unit that can accommodate up to 2 persons. The tent is made of 210T highly breathable polyester that has interwoven rip-stop reinforcement threads. Poly-ether in PU formulations takes care of UV rays.
The front door canvas flap is made with style, and it’s possible to prop it up like a little porch which can be used as a shelter from a vertical rain. It has 2 screened doors and 2 vestibules for gears and equipment. Poles are made of 8.5mm aluminum. The tent measures 82.6 x 55.1 x 43.3 inches and has big mesh windows for ventilation.
ALPS Mountaineering Tasmanian tent
- There's no assembly frustration with our Tasmanian Tent series, this aluminum, free-standing pole...
- Polyester fly will resist water and UV rays while adding two vestibules for extra storage
- Easy entry and great ventilation with two doors, both with zippered mesh windows
- Fully equipped with #8 zippers, mesh storage pockets, gear loft, aluminum stakes and guy ropes
- Base Size: 5'2 x 7'8, Center Height: 46", Total Weight: 7 lbs. 15 oz., Minimum Weight: 7 lbs. 3 oz.
This tent model measures 5’2 x 7’8 and weighs 7lbs. 3oz. It can accommodate up to 2 persons. The Tasmanian model has a freestanding 7000 series aluminum pole design which enables quick assembly.
The fly is made by 75D 185T Polyester (+1500mm coating), while the floor is made by 75D 185T Poly Taffeta (+5000mm coating). It features a full-coverage fly and 2 vestibules for rain and snow protection. This ALPS Mountaineering tent has 2 doors and is a quality tent to use all year round.
MoKo Waterproof Family Camping Tent
- 4 seasons Dome tent: suitable for spring summer Autumn and cold snow winter. Come with 3 fiberglass...
- 3 person family tent: 6*7 ft. Inner floor, 7*9 ft. Whole tent, 3. 5 ft. Height, comfortable for 2 or...
- Easy to set up: one person can assemble/disassemble quickly with the installation video.
- Durable & high quality: 2500mm+ waterproof for flysheet and 5000mm (1000D polyethylene) for floor,...
- Vestibule & clear window: with 3 feet vestibule for outdoor gear storage and weather protection....
This is a 4 season family tent which is appropriate to accommodate up to 3 people. It measures 7×9 ft. and has 3,5 ft. of hight. The tent can fit three sleeping bags side by side and weighs just about 10 pounds. The floor is made of waterproof Oxford fabric with 5000mm coating. The flysheet has 2500mm of the coating.
It has a sort of open front porch with a doored inner room. So, you can leave your things under the vestibule. It has one door and windows for ventilation, and a detachable rainfly. This model is a budget tent as it is the cheapest among the presented tents.
The top 4 season tents for sale
My personal prize goes to the Luxe Tempo freestanding tent. After I was done hiking I found myself setting this tent up just to let some of my hiking gear dry after getting wet on the way home.
I didn’t want to set it on the ground because the dogs have a way of making things disappear into holes in the backyard. But I wanted one more excuse to crawl inside it one last time before I put it away for the end of the hiking season.
What is the best all-weather tent?
The best all-weather tent must protect you in all weather conditions. It is manufactured to provide you shelter to sleep and to protect you from rain, snow, sand and wind gusts. When looking for this type of tent make sure that it is appropriate to use it in wintertime. It should have features that will protect you from the elements you encounter.
What makes a tent 4 season?
An all-weather tent has features that enable you to camp all year long without replacing tents each season. This type of tent is sturdy and has a solid construction to withstand the cold elements in wintertime. Meanwhile, a tent like this has mesh and vents to camp in the summertime as well.
What makes a good 4 season tent?
This type of tent will protect you from snow loads, harsh winds and possible sand storms. It must be manufactured with quality fabric in mind and also the shape of the tent with special features like hydrostatic head, a vestibule, double walls, and a good anchoring system.
Do you need this type of tent?
If you intend to camp like most of the capers, in warmer days, then you don’t need one. Most camping tents are 3 season type as camping is preferable at pleasantly warm days. However, when camping in winter or in cold remote areas, you will need a solid camping tent that will protect you in all-cause.
Can you use it in the summer?
Of course, you can use it in summer, no problem here. However, know that this tent is produced to withstand the harsh elements so it is built with more material and less mesh as in 3 season tents. This means that you can have trouble with the hot interior nevertheless the tent has vents.
If you will use it in the summer, make sure you pitch it somewhere in the shade and open all vents and windows for proper ventilation. Also, remove the outer tent material for the air to flow inside the tent.
Is this tent necessary for winter camping?
It is advisable that you get one to stay safe and sound when snowstorms and wind are heading your way. Never sacrifice your life and health with a light camping tent when you are in the mountains it can be dangerous. All-year tents are made for heavy weather conditions so you will be safer with it instead of a 3 season tent.
However, you can improvise and use a 3 season tent on your backyard when temperatures are not so low and when there some snowflakes or no snow. A quick reminder: never use a 3 season tent in mountains at winter or cold remote areas even if you have enough clothes and heat.
3 season vs 4 season tent
So, what is a difference between a 3 season and a 4 season camping tent? A 3 season tent has plenty of mesh material for the warmer camping days. They are lighter than a 4 season one and ready to be packed in your backpack to carry it.
A 4 season tent is quite different. It is built to withstand heavy weather conditions, is more stable and sturdy than a 3 season one. In general, these all year tents have full rainfly to protect you and also a vestibule that is covering the tent door well so the snow and wind can’t get into your interior.
A sturdy, often aluminum frames are used with these tents. They have fewer vents than a 3 season one and are more closed for the cold not to brake in. Full fabric sleeves and utilized pole sections help all-weather tents to protect you even more in winter.
Stay secure with all-weather tent
When you are camping throughout the year you should consider the main features that this type of tent must have. Your tent must be well stitched, sturdy and have the inner layer made with lots of mesh material to provide ventilation.
I showed you the best 4 season tents that you can pick for your adventures. It is your choice which one you will get, just consider all the features before you buy it. Take care of the tent and you will be able to use it year by year.