Camping is one of the best things to do all year long as it offers pleasure and peacefulness. It becomes even more fun when you will camp with your friends or family. However, more people require more living space and this is where the best 6 person tents come to picture.
If you are camping as a group of six or less, then make sure you have the right tent size. There are many reasons why people choose to buy larger tents rather than smaller ones which they use separately. Here is my list of six-man tents that you can choose from.
What is the best 6 person tent to buy?
Buying camping tents can be a bit of a challenge, so to make it easier for you, I have analyzed the next models in details.
Coleman 6-Person WeatherMaster Tent
- Spacious 6-person tent has enough room for 2 queen-size airbeds
- Separate floorless screen room offers bug-free lounging
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
- Measures 11 x 9 feet with 6-foot 8-inch center height; screen room measures 9 x 6 feet
- Rainfly and expandable carry bag included
This Coleman tent can occupy up to 6 people and offers space for 2 queen-size airbeds. It measures 11 x 9 feet and has 6-foot 8-inch of the center height. The tent material is polyester. It weighs 32 pounds and has 2 doors. The camping tent features a WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams that will protect you in wet weather. You get a 75-denier polyester taffeta rainfly with a tent.
Coleman offers ventilation with the internal meshing between the tent and fly and easily opened meshed window. The opening placed at the bottom of this tent that Coleman calls the ‘Cooler Access’ also takes care of airflow and keeps condensation in control.
The tent model has camping screen room attached (9 x 6 feet) which is a covered entry leading to the main tent that will protect you from the rain and give you place for activities. If you prefer, you can also divide this tent into two rooms using a divider placed zips in the middle, which makes it perfect for a family camping. The Coleman WeatherMaster is considered one of the best 6 person tents under $200.
- Made of high-quality materials
- Wind strong frame
- Ideal for any weather condition
- Quick setup
- A screened section is not protected from the rain entirely
Coleman Steel Creek fast pitch screen room tent
- 6-person dome tent features a separate screen room for insect-free lounging and extra sleeping space
- Fast Pitch tent design sets up in about 7 minutes
- WeatherTec system and rainfly keep tent interior dry and comfortable
- Durable Polyguard fabric and strong frame designed to last season after season
- Measures 10 x 9 feet with 10- x 5-foot screen room; accommodates 2 queen-sized airbeds
The Coleman Steel Creek tent is another reliable shelter for a group of campers that can fit 2 queen-air beds inside. It measures 10 x 9 feet and has a lounged porch area (10 x 5 foot) where you can relax free of bug bites. It weighs 19 lbs, has one door, and a center height of 5-foot and 8 inches.
This is a fast-pitch tent (setting it up in about 7 minutes) due to the pre-attached color-coded poles and snag-free Insta-Clip suspension. Coleman has gone to the next level with this one adding Illumiline reflective guylines, which makes it easier to see at nighttime; reducing the risk of accidents. This 6 person dome tent has a WeatherTec system that will protect you in bad weather.
- Fast Pitch system
- Illuminated guy lines
- WeatherTec system
- The back mesh fabric lets cold in
- The rainfly doesn’t cover the entire porch area
Kodiak Canvas tent 10×10
- Made with Hydra-Shield, 100% cotton duck canvas that is durable, watertight and breathable
- Spacious 6'6" ceiling height provides walk-around comfort.Weight:73.00 LBS
- Two large D-shaped doors (front and back) with #10 YKK zippers
- Four large windows with no-see-um mesh
- Two funnel-flow vents help improve air flow and temperature management
The Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow is a camping tent that will remind you of the old days due to a rugged Hydra-Shield, 100% cotton duck canvas material. It has a center height of 6’6″ so you will be able to walk normally inside it. Its measures are 10 x 10 feet.
Featuring 2 funnel-flow vents which take care of proper ventilation. It has 2 large D-shaped doors and 4 No-See-Um mesh windows for extra airflow. The floor is made of polyester-reinforced vinyl with welded seams. Weighing 73 lbs., setting up and transporting this one can be a little bit of a challenge.
It’s an all-season tent, but not really ideal for mountain camping, which is what we would usually think of when we hear about four-season ones.
While there are some cons, there are more reasons why you will love this model. It’s spacious and comfortable, so if you are usually camping with a vehicle and looking for a camping tent that will last for many years to come, this one is a great option.
- Extremely durable
- Perfect for tall campers
- Puncture resistant floor
- Good to use in winter and summer
- Quite heavy
- Doesn’t have separate rainfly
- Dries slowly due to material
ALPS Mountaineering camp creek 6 person tent
- Easy setup with unique hub design and pole clips that quickly snap over the fiberglass tent poles
- Extra tall center and straight side walls allow more room for cots and ability to stand up
- Weatherproof fly adds large awnings over front doorway and back window
- Fully equipped with mesh storage shelf, stakes, guy ropes and four large windows
- Base Size: 10' x 10', Center Height: 84", Total Weight: 23 lbs. 8 oz.
This cabin camping tent has durable fiberglass poles, polyester fabric, and steel uprights which make this model ideal for campers who are looking for a high-quality tent that is going to last for many years. Its dimensions are 10′ x 10′, with a center height of 84″ and weight of 23 lbs. 8 oz.
Camp Creek model has a 75D 185T polyester fly with 1500 mm coating and floor made of 150D polyester oxford fabric with 1500 mm coating. This one is easy to set up since it has a unique hub design and pole clips. When it comes to the design, you will enjoy its 4 large windows and a big front door giving a great view.
The tent has almost vertical walls which give a great standing space that also offer more livable space than you’d normally have from a typical tent for six.
- Good tent for tall people
- Extra storage shelf for organization
- Good ventilation system
- Good for harsh weather conditions
- A bit pricier than other tents of the same kind
- Thin bottom
NTK Indy GT XL tent
- DESIGNED FOR QUICK & EASY ASSEMBLY - The INDY 5- 6 person tent is great for all the family . With...
- DOUBLE LAYER FULL COVERAGE RAINFLY - 100% waterproof 190T polyester laminated with polyurethane....
- THICK NANO-FLEX TECHNOLOGY FRAME - Extra thick Nano-flex fiberglass poles interconnect with double...
- BREATHABLE MICRO MOSQUITO MESH - Ultra-thin NO-SEE-UM polyester micro-mesh fabric keeps you safe...
- HEAVY DUTY ANTI FUNGUS FLOOR MATERIAL - Seamless, anti-fungal polyethylene with a silver-coated...
NTK Indy GT XL model is built in European style ( it has a unique front vestibule) and can accommodate up to 6 people. It measures 14ft x 8ft, has 6.2ft of center height and weighs 17 lbs. The tent features a 2-way zipper D-style door with full No-See-Um ultra-thin mosquito mesh protection. The floor is made of seamless heavy-duty anti-fungal polyethylene that protects from moisture.
A full-coverage rainfly is made of waterproof 190T polyester that is laminated with 2500 mm polyurethane. Its heat-seamed thermoplastic coating will protect the tent from color fading. NTK camping tents have excellent Nano-Flex technology that keeps the poles interconnected with high-quality bungee and sturdy galvanized steel parts.
You can remove the rainfly and stargaze as you fall asleep at night. Setting this up can be a little bit challenging, but with helping hands you shouldn’t have a problem. You will be able to use a utility pocket for storage.
- Large vestibule
- Waterproof and windproof
- Good for stargazing
- Nano-Flex technology frame
- Setting it up can be confusing for beginners
- The ventilation system could be better
Different Styles and Shapes
A lot of 6-person tents are cabin tents, which means they might have up to 3 separate rooms. Rooms are going to give you adequate living space and privacy. A tent for six campers also gives enough room for you to have such camping luxuries like bunk beds and mattresses inside.
If you’re buying a 6-person tent, it doesn’t just offer you more space, but also the chance to save some bucks. Purchasing one is definitely cheaper than buying multiple 1 or 2-person tents for your adventure with friends or family.
Hint: If your camping group counts less than 6 campers, choose a six-man tent. It is definitely going to save you money on top of having a very spacious and comfortable camping area, and a lot of storage place.
Have a Blast Outdoors!
When choosing one of the best 6 person tents for your outdoor adventure consider cost, quality, your needs, and requirements before buying one. If you consider these factors you should have a good time.