If you will camp with a group or family, then consider buying one of the best 8 person tents. While bigger tents are usually more expensive, they come with many benefits.
Take a look at which tents will provide you a fun camping adventure and which is a good option for your camping needs.
Best 8 Person Tents 2019
I sorted a list of my favorites and made a review of each so you can decide which is the most suitable tent for you.
Coleman 8-Person Instant Cabin Tent
- Spacious 8-person tent has enough room for 2 queen size air beds
- Sets up in 1 minute in 3 easy steps
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
- Large screened windows and doors keep bugs out
- Measures 14 x 10 feet with 6-foot 5-inch center height
Coleman camping tents are one of the best that you can find on the market today – and this model proofs it. It has a pre-assembled pole system, which means you can easily set it up on your own without an extra hand. The setup takes only 3 steps.
It is made of 150D material. Its rain fly will protect you in bad weather conditions. It has WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry.
This Coleman instant tent provides you with large accommodation space, leaving a room for gears as well. It measures 14 x 10 feet with 6 foot 5-inch center hight.
- Instant setup
- Excellent in bad weather
- Big windows provide good ventilation
- Spacious interior
- Not ideal for backpacking
Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow Tent
- Made with Hydra-Shield, 100% cotton duck canvas that is durable, watertight and breathable
- Spacious 6'6" ceiling height provides walk-around comfort
- Two large D-shaped doors (front and back) with #10 YKK zippers
- Four large windows with no-see-um mesh
- Two funnel-flow vents help improve air flow and temperature management
Another tent that is worth checking is the Kodiak Canvas tent. It comes with great features and will give you peace of mind while you are camping in the wild.
It is made of Hydra-Shield, 100% cotton duck canvas fabric, making it longlasting and durable for many camping years. The material is watertight and breathable. With 6’6″ ceiling hight you will walk inside without bending.
This tent model is appropriate for rain and hot summer days. Funnel-flow vents regulate the temperature and make the air circulating. It has 2 D-shaped doors and 4 large windows.
- It is made of high-quality materials that are sure to last
- 2 funnel vents for temperature control
- Huge D-shaped doors for easy access
- Rainproof feature
- Quite heavy
- The wind can be a problem if it’s not set up properly
Wenzel 8 Person Klondike Tent
- Great for camping with family or friends the klondike tent features room for 8 and a screen room
- SPECS: Tent Floor: 11 FT x 16 FT, Screen Room: 9 FT x 6 FT, Floor Area: 98 SQ FT, Peak Height: 78...
- INCLUDED: Stuff Sack/Storage Bag, Tent, Steal and Fiberglass Poles, Removable Rain Fly
- THE WENZEL PROMISE: With a 10 Year Warranty, we want to guarantee our customers satisfaction. We...
- ABOUT WENZEL: Since 1887 - Wenzel has created gear for not only first time campers but also seasoned...
This Wenzel model is a budget tent made of high-quality materials. The tent is made of 68D Polyester Taffeta fabric. It accommodates up to 8 people and has a screened room.
It’s not the tent you would use for colder and harsh weather, but it makes a fine tent for the summer season and on a normal rainy day. The tent comes with a removable rain fly, water repellent zippers and webbing. Seams are double-stitched and lap-felled. It has 78 inches peak hight, 2 doors, and 6 windows.
- Easy to set up and store
- Rainfly sets up quickly and easily
- Nice design
- Zippers could be better
- Not ideal for the harsh weather conditions
Coleman Montana 8-Person Tent
- Spacious 8 person tent has enough room for 3 queen size air beds
- WeatherTec system with patented corner welds and inverted seams helps keep water out
- Extended door awning keeps shoes and gear dry; hinged door offers easy access
- Measures 16 x 7 feet with 6 foot 2 inch center height
- Quick setup in 15 minutes with carry bag included for easy transportation
This Coleman Montana tent is a popular 8-person tent. Not only it can accommodate 8 people, but you can also put 3 queen size beds inside.
It has great features such as large interior with a substantial central height of 6 foot and 2 inches, hinged door, and angled windows for ventilation. Storage pockets enable you to have things organized. The tent is made of durable Polyguard material.
It has an extended door awning where you can store your gear. A setup is easy due to snag-free, continuous pole sleeves and the patented pin-and-ring system.
This tent is weather-resistant and prevents water leakage. This is due to its smart design, which applies standard materials and modern technologies such as the WeatherTec system.
- Interior electric port
- Prevents water leakage
- Durable poles to resist the harsh wind
- Easy setup
- The floor material is thin
NTK Laredo GT 8 to 9 Person Tent
- SPACIOUS 9 to 10 Person (aduls/kids), 1 Roomy Door, 3 Windows Tent Designed for Easy Assembly with...
- FULL COVERAGE RAINFLY: Double layer 190T polyester laminated with polyurethane 2500 mm water column,...
- FRAME: 100% virgin NANO-FLEX shock corded fiber glass rods with improved diameter and double gold...
- MOSQUITO MESH: Inner tent fully breathable with generous Ultra-thin polyester no-see style mesh...
- FLOOR MATERIAL AND DESIGN: Heavy duty anti-fungus seamless polyethylene with inner silver coated...
With over 6 feet of headroom and measurement of 10′ x 15′, this tent provides a sleeping area for 8-9 people. For its price tag and the quality of materials used, NTK Laredo GT offers great value for the money.
It is a freestanding tent. Its inner material is made of 190T breathable polyester material with mosquito NO-SEE-UM micro net fabric. The outer fabric is made of 100 % waterproof 190T polyester laminated with polyurethane offering 2500mm of the hydrostatic head level.
The floor will keep you dry due to seamless heavy-duty anti-fungal polyethylene. The frame is made of NANO-FLEX shock-corded fiberglass rods. The full rainfly protects from the rain. This tent is made to withstand the harsh weather.
- Good tent for bad weather
- Large rainfly
- Lightweight regarding the size
- Multiple storage pockets
- Zippers could be better
- Only one door
Why choose an 8-Person Tent?
Here are the top reasons why you should consider for the tent that is large enough to accommodate up to 8 campers.
More Space for Longer Camping Trips
When going on a long camping trip, you want to have enough living space and space to store your gear. It’s always better to have more than less.
More People Can Come
A bigger camping tent means that you can invite friends and spend quality time together.
More Affordable Option
If you are going camping with friends, a larger tent will save your money on a campsite.
When you are going camping with a large group you should consider the space and comfortability of a tent living space because I am sure that you don’t want to squeeze inside a tent.
I presented you with the 5 best 8 person tents and its features that you can consider for your next camping trip with your family or friends.
Coleman 8 person tent is a popular model. This tent will protect you from the bad weather and is also easy to set up.
Kodiak canvas tent is made of a high-quality cotton material that should last for a long time. It has two funnels for controlling temperature and large windows for air ventilation. Large tents can be heavy but this is especially heavy since it is made of cotton.
Wenzel Klondike is a good and spacious tent that you can use for a family camping but don’t use it in harsh weather conditions.
Coleman Montana is a large tent with an ability to fit three queen-size beds. It has a porch and an interior electric port so you can use your favorite electric devices.
NTK Laredo is the largest tent of all and can accommodate up to nine people. It has a large rainfly that covers the whole tent and offers a waterproof coating. If you are looking for a tent that is light choose this one.
The tents mentioned in the article come with different features and functions, so it’s important that you get the ideal for your camping needs.