If you will camp with a group or family, then consider buying one of the best 8 person tents. While bigger tents are usually more expensive, they come with many benefits.
Take a look at these top family tents and pick one so you will enjoy on your next camping excursion.
Best 8 Person Tents in 2019
8 Person Camping Tents Review
I create a list of my favorites and made a review of each so you can decide which is the most suitable tent for you.
Coleman 8-Person Instant Cabin Tent
- Spacious 8-person tent has enough room for 2 queen size air beds
- Sets up in 1 minute in 3 easy steps
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
- Large screened windows and doors keep bugs out
- Measures 14 x 10 feet with 6-foot 7-inch center height
Coleman camping tents are one of the best that you can find on the market today – and this model proofs it. It has a pre-assembled pole system, which means you can easily set it up on your own without an extra hand. The setup takes only 3 steps.
It is made of 150D material. Its rainfly will protect you in bad weather conditions. It has a WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry.
This Coleman instant tent provides you with large accommodation space, leaving a room for gears as well. It measures 14 x 10 feet with 6 foot 5-inch center hight.
Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow Tent
- Made with Hydra-Shield, 100% cotton duck canvas that is durable, watertight and breathable
- Spacious 6'6" ceiling height provides walk-around comfort
- Two large D-shaped doors (front and back) with #10 YKK zippers
- Four large windows with no-see-um mesh
- Two funnel-flow vents help improve air flow and temperature management
Another tent that is worth checking is the Kodiak Canvas tent. It comes with great features and will give you peace of mind while you are camping in the wild.
It is made of Hydra-Shield, 100% cotton duck canvas fabric, making it longlasting and durable for many camping years. The material is watertight and breathable. With 6’6″ ceiling hight you will walk inside without bending.
This tent model is appropriate for rain and hot summer days. Funnel-flow vents regulate the temperature and make the air circulating. It has 2 D-shaped doors and 4 large windows.
Wenzel 8 Person Klondike Tent
- Convertible screen room with inverted "T" style door and inside flap zippered windows
- Removable seam-sealed fly
- Mesh roof vents
- 3 zippered side windows with inside flaps
- Shock-corded fiberglass roof frame with steel uprights and corner elbows combined with pin and ring...
This Wenzel model is a budget tent made of high-quality materials. The tent is made of 68D Polyester Taffeta fabric. It accommodates up to 8 people and has a screened room.
It’s not the tent you would use for colder and harsh weather, but it makes a fine tent for the summer season and on a normal rainy day. The tent comes with a removable rain fly, water repellent zippers and webbing. Seams are double-stitched and lap-felled. It has 78 inches peak hight, 2 doors, and 6 windows.
Coleman Montana 8-Person Tent
- WEATHERPROOF: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; included rainfly offers...
- HINGED DOOR: Easily swings open and includes an extended awning
- STORAGE POCKETS: Keep small gear organized and off the floor
- CONVENTIONAL PITCH: Sets up in 15 minutes
- ROOMY INTERIOR: 16 x 7 ft. with 6 ft. 2 in. center height; fits 3 queen-size air beds
This Coleman Montana tent is a popular 8-person tent. Not only it can accommodate 8 people, but you can also put 3 queen size beds inside.
It has great features such as a large interior with a substantial central height of 6 foot and 2 inches, a hinged door, and angled windows for ventilation. Storage pockets enable you to have things organized. The tent is made of durable Polyguard material.
It has an extended door awning where you can store your gear. Setup is easy due to snag-free, continuous pole sleeves and the patented pin-and-ring system.
This tent is weather-resistant and prevents water leakage. This is due to its smart design, which applies standard materials and modern technologies such as the WeatherTec system.
NTK Laredo GT 8 to 9 Person Tent
- SPACIOUS 8 to 9 Person (aduls/kids), 1 Roomy Door, 3 Windows Tent Designed for Easy Assembly with...
- FULL COVERAGE RAINFLY: Double layer 190T polyester laminated with polyurethane 2500 mm water column,...
- FRAME: 100% virgin NANO-FLEX shock corded fiber glass rods with improved diameter and double gold...
- MOSQUITO MESH: Inner tent fully breathable with generous Ultra-thin polyester no-see style mesh...
- FLOOR MATERIAL AND DESIGN: Heavy duty anti-fungus seamless polyethylene with inner silver coated...
With over 6 feet of headroom and measurement of 10′ x 15′, this tent provides a sleeping area for 8-9 people. For its price tag and the quality of materials used, NTK Laredo GT offers great value for the money.
It is a freestanding tent. Its inner material is made of 190T breathable polyester material with mosquito NO-SEE-UM micro net fabric. The outer fabric is made of 100 % waterproof 190T polyester laminated with polyurethane offering 2500mm of the hydrostatic head level.
The floor will keep you dry due to seamless heavy-duty anti-fungal polyethylene. The frame is made of NANO-FLEX shock-corded fiberglass rods. The full rainfly protects from the rain. This tent is made to withstand the harsh weather.
Why choose an 8-Person Tent?
Here are the top reasons why you should consider for the tent that is large enough to accommodate up to 8 campers.
More Space for Longer Camping Trips
When going on a long camping trip, you want to have enough living space and space to store your gear. It’s always better to have more than less.
More People Can Come
A bigger camping tent means that you can invite friends and spend quality time together.
More Affordable Option
If you are going camping with friends, a larger tent will save your money on a campsite.
Get a large group camping tent
When you are going camping with a large group you should consider the space and comfortability of a tent living space because I am sure that you don’t want to squeeze inside a tent.
I presented you the 5 best 8 person tents and its features that you can consider for your next camping trip with your family or friends. The tents mentioned in the article come with different features and functions, so it’s important that you get the ideal for your camping needs.