Are you going outdoors but you don’t have shelter yet? If you like light packing and carrying nothing but a few necessities, choosing one of the best bivy tents is a great option.
These tents are ideal for outdoor adventure as you can have a lightweight shelter ready in a few minutes. I invite you to take a look at tents that will satisfy you as a solo adventurer.
Best Bivy Tents in 2019
|Outdoor Research Helium Bivy Tent||Check price on Amazon|
|Snugpak Stratosphere 1-Person Bivy Tent||Check price on Amazon|
|World Famous Sports 1-Person Bivy Tent with Rain Fly||Check price on Amazon|
|Winterial 1-Person Bivy Tent||Check price on Amazon|
|Eureka! Solitaire 1-Person Bivy Tent||Check price on Amazon|
Features of the Top Bivvy Tents
Choosing the right bivouac tent for your needs can be tricky. So, to make things easier for you, check their features and decide which fits you the most.
Outdoor Research Helium Bivy
The Outdoor Research Helium model is one of the lightest bivy tents produced by this company. With a breathable and waterproof Pertex Shield plus fabric with a Hydroseal anti-fungal floor, the company boasts its clamshell design that can handle adventures regardless of the weather. Its dimensions are 26 x 87 x 20 inches and is 4″ high and 7″ wide. The tent has fully-taped seams and pole sleeves.
Snugpak Stratosphere Bivvi Shelter
- Inner dimensions are 91 inches long, 32 inches wide, and 20 inches tall; built to accommodate just 1...
- Lightweight and compact pack size is 12 inches long by 5 inches wide, it weighs 2.5 pounds; stands...
- Top fabric is 50D nylon Rip-Stop with 5000 millimeter waterproof polyurethane coating; bottom fabric...
- Features a rollaway No-See-Um mosquito net in the spacious head canopy; back mesh section offers...
- A basic repair kit is included; contains metal pole repair sleeve, tent guide rope tensioner, spare...
This ultra-light Snugpak shelter is one of the best bivy tents you can find on the market. Its dimensions are 91 x 32 x 20 inches and it weighs 2.5 pounds. It is made of 50D nylon Rip-Stop with 5000-millimeter waterproof polyurethane coating. The bottom fabric is made of 210T nylon with an 8000-millimeter waterproof polyurethane coating.
This tent has No-See-Um mesh with mosquito mesh. It features a full-length side zip and spacious head canopy. It has waterproof seams and aluminum poles. This is wind and a waterproof tent that stands up against the bad weather.
World Famous Sports 1-Person Bivy Tent
- NEW updated full rain fly to keep rain out
- 7.7' x 3.2' x 2', sleeps 1
- Mesh roof panel
- Includes UPDATED instructions, rain cover, storage bags, and stakes
- Compact and lightweight
This model is a budget-friendly tent for 1 person. Its dimensions are 93 x 24 x 38 inches and it weighs 2.79 pounds. The floor is made of 1000 mm denier polyethylene and has a 1500 mm coated body.
The tent features shock-corded fiberglass poles and taped-seams. A mesh roof panel provides ventilation and stargazing. This World Famous Sports tent has a full rainfly with stakes for tent stability.
Winterial Bivouac Tent
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Single Person Tent with Two Hoop Easy To Assemble Bivy Tent
- PERFECT FOR HIKING AND BACKPACKING: Bivy Tent Sleeps One Person take it with you on any trip
- 3 SEASON TENT: Ventilated Roof Mesh With a Full Coverage Rain Fly for Colder/Rainy Weather
- LIGHT WEIGHT: Packed weight: 3 pounds 3 ounces. Packed Size: 18" x 4.5" x 4" Open Dimensions: 38 x...
- ACCESS: Large Zippered door for easy access. Includes 3 bundles of rope and 14 Heavy Duty Stakes To...
This Winterial tent is an easy to assemble shelter with 2 hoops. It is a 3-season tent that has a ventilated mesh roof and comes with a full-covered rainfly. If you intend to camp or hike in warm weather this tent will serve you well.
Its dimensions are 38 x 28 x90 inches and it weighs 3 pounds and 3 ounces. Entering the tent is easy due to a large zippered door. It features 3 bundles of strong cord and 14 heavy-duty stakes for security. Poles are aluminum.
Eureka! Solitaire Bivy Tent
- Travel light with the bivy-style three-season, one-person Eureka! Solitaire backpacking tent (21.5...
- Non-freestanding hoop style tent features a durable two-pole 6.3-millimeter fiberglass frame with...
- Walls are constructed of 50D no-see-um mesh for maximum ventilation, while the rain fly and floor...
- Packed full of gear storing features including two storage pockets, a flashlight loop, and a small...
- Tent has an interior height of 2 feet, 4 inches, weighs 2 pounds, 10 ounces, packs down to 4 by 17.5...
This 3 season bivy tent has 21.5 square feet space and weighs 2 pounds and 10 ounces. The floor and fly are made of 70D nylon taffeta while walls are made of 40D no-see-um mesh. It has a durable two-pole 6.3-millimeter fiberglass frame with easy post-and-grommet assembly.
The Solitaire model has 2 storage pockets, a flashlight loop, and a small vestibule for storage. It has a shock-corded fiberglass frame. Its interior height is 2 feet.
Most tents for bivouacking are made from hard-wearing and durable fabric. They are waterproof but still breathable. These shelters don’t easily create moisture or form condensation while being outdoors.
Portability and Functionality
The best feature of these tents is their portability and lightweight. Some of them have armholes and interior straps that will keep you warm on the coldest evening.
What is a bivy tent?
It is a shelter similar to a bivy sack however it has a roof like tents. Bivies were made for climbers to have a quick shelter in the mountains. However, bivy tents are made for solo hikers and backpackers who want to carry an easy backpack but still have a quality and secure shelter for themselves.
What’s the difference between a tent, a bivvy, and a bivy tent?
A bivy sack is a temporary shelter that is used for spending the night when solo hiking or backpacking. It is like a sleeping bag. A bivy tent is like a bivy sack but it also has a roof like tents. It gives a more secure shelter when being outdoors. Bivies are made for a solo outdoorsman, however, tents come in different shapes and sizes and are made for different occasions.
Look for the 3 Most Important Features
When looking for a bivvy tent you should pay attention to breathability, lightweight and compact style. Choose one of the best bivy tents from the list and make sure to share it with your friends who also like do go outdoors solo.