Are you going camping with friends or family and need a lot of space and privacy in your tent? If so then you need a tent that looks like a cabin. Cabin tents are labeled as such due to their walled structure which resembles a cabin.
Most campers who camp in large groups prefer to use these tents because they are more sizable and heavy-duty compared to the regular tent types.
Check my recommendations for the best cabin tents on the market today.
5 Best Cabin Tents In 2019
Cabin Camping Tents In More Details
See what these tents have to offer and why they are picked as the best.
CORE 9 Person Instant Tent
- Instant 60 Second Setup; Sleeps 9 people; Fits two queen air mattresses; Center Height:78
- CORE H20 Block Technology and adjustable ground vent
- Features room divider and wall storage pockets keep items neat and off the tent floor
- Electrical cord access port (port is fully closable when not in use)
- Includes rain fly, tent stakes, and carry bag
This CORE instant tent comes with a lot of amazing features and is definitely one of the best instant cabin tents on the market.
A great feature of this model is that you can easily pitch it in literally 1 minute because all poles are already attached to the cloth. This camping tent is the most durable cabin-shaped tent on the list.
This tent for rain has Core H2O Block Technology, active bead technology, water-resistant fabrics, as well as extra factory-sealed seams to make sure that no water will leak in.
This CORE model is able to accommodate up to 9 people and will give you enough room for your gear as well. You’ll love the high ceiling and spending time inside the tent.
EUREKA! Copper Canyon 4 person tent
- Relax in cabin-like comfort with the Eureka! Copper Canyon 4 four-person, three-season tent.
- Near-vertical walls in this cabin-style tent create a spacious interior ideal for cots and airbeds.
- Outlast rain and wind storms with the durable steel/fiberglass frame, which includes pole sleeves,...
- Eureka!'s zippered E! Power Port allows you to bring an outdoor-grade electrical power cord inside...
- Two high-stash storage pockets and a gear loft keep essentials close at hand and within easy reach.
Eureka! Copper Canyon tent is perfect for 4 people and summertime camping.
While this Eureka model isn’t recommended for harsh weather, it still remains to be a good 4 person camping tent. It has enough room, with a height of 7 feet, large windows, and an incredible fly design. The 3 windows are a true hallmark of this model.
Because it is freestanding, you can easily place it anywhere. You can put it on the grass, concrete, rock, sand, or literally wherever you want. This tent can easily handle condensation and warmer weather conditions due to good airflow and ventilation feature.
Coleman WeatherMaster Tent
- Spacious 6-person tent has enough room for 2 queen-size airbeds
- Separate floorless screen room offers bug-free lounging
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
- Measures 11 x 9 feet with 6-foot 8-inch center height; screen room measures 9 x 6 feet
- Rainfly and expandable carry bag included
If you have a small family who loves to camp, then this model is the one for you. It can accommodate 6 people and fit 2 queen-sized airbeds. This camping tent with a screened porch will protect you from bugs and mosquitos.
When it starts raining, you don’t have to worry about getting wet because this model has a weatherproof design. It has Coleman’s WeatherTec system with a nice welded floor and upturned seams that stop water from seeping inside the tent.
Coleman 8-Person Instant Tent
- Spacious 8 person tent has enough room for 3 queen size air beds
- WeatherTec system with patented corner welds and inverted seams helps keep water out
- Extended door awning keeps shoes and gear dry; hinged door offers easy access
- Measures 16 x 7 feet with 6 foot 2 inch center height
- Quick setup in 15 minutes with carry bag included for easy transportation
This is another waterproof tent from Coleman that is a great option for those looking for an 8 person tent. As soon as it was released on the market it won several awards. Even today, it is still one of the bestselling tent models.
With the dimensions of 16 x 7 feet with 6-foot 2-inch center height, this Coleman tent has the capacity to accommodate up to 8 people. You can move easily inside due to its large interior space.
It sells without a fly and is made of heavy-duty waterproof material. The windows and doors are fully sealed and protected to stop water from leaking in. The tent floor has fully-taped seams to make sure you are protected.
Taking down this Coleman model isn’t as easy as setting it up. So, you must have patience with its storage. In terms of tent fabrics, this model has highly durable and high-quality materials so it will last for years.
Wenzel 8 person Klondike tent
- Crafted from the highest quality material
- Perfect for outdoor and even indoor Use
- Made in Bangladesh
Wenzel Klondike tent is an affordable option for your family camping and one of the best budget family tents. It accommodates 8 people. Its peak height is 78 inches and the floor measures 98 square feet.
It is made of 68D polyester taffeta material which is a lightweight and durable polyester luxurious fabric. This camping tent model features Weather Armor fabrics which will protect you from rain and wind.
It has 2 doors and 6 windows and comes with a rain fly. This Wenzel tent has also a screened porch where you can enjoy your meals and rest through the day.
What is a cabin tent?
It is a tent that has vertical walls and looks like a cabin. The main features of this tent are the comfortability, space and the ability to walk straight inside the tent since it has a high center height (due to vertical walls).
They are used for different purposes as for a backyard party or for an event. Meanwhile, cabin camping tents are very popular among families who want enough space to accommodate parents and children in separate rooms. They are heavier than backpacking tents and usually take more time to set them up.
Which is the best cabin tent to buy?
It depends on what you are looking for. Ask yourself what do you need for your tent to provide? Let’s say you are looking for a quality 4 season tent because you will be winter camping. Your tent should have a good ventilation system, a waterproof tent material with a significant hydrostatic rating and a rainfly for additional protection.
Meanwhile, if you will be summer camping, look for a camping tent that has plenty of mesh for ventilation and bug protection.
One thing is true if you want to buy a quality cabin camping tent, look for the one that is sold by a reputable outdoor tent manufacturer. The tent should have enough space and divided rooms for privacy and comfort that campers are looking for in this type of tent. Also, check the tent material and its main features that should satisfy your camping needs.
Which are the best family cabin tents?
These tents come in different sizes but they are made for more people to spend the night together in one tent. Families love to go camping in a tent that looks like a cabin because each family can get a private room.
These tents offer privacy for campers and enough space to spend quality time inside the tent. If you want to get one of these you should consider the company who is selling it. I don’t recommend a tent company that you didn’t hear about it before. However, you can still get one that is not so popular but consider all the tent features and think twice before making a purchase.
Who makes the best cabin camping tents?
There are quite a few of the tent companies who make good outdoor equipment; including camping tents. I track the camping market for a while now and I can see that some companies stand out with their cabin camping tent models for a reason.
Companies like Coleman, Eureka!, CORE Equipment, Browning Camping, Wenzel and Tomount are those that people trust the most and are happy with the purchase. Their tent models are well designed and feature technologies that make sure your outdoor stay will be worth your time and money.
How to make sure that a cabin tent survives the wind?
Nevertheless that this type of tent is big and heavy, it can also be blown away in the wind. So to make sure your tent is secure in windy conditions, consider taking next precautions:
- Place the tent on a safe spot. When setting up your tent, check where the wind is blowing the most. Avoid places where the wind has a clear way to get to you and set it somewhere where the tent will be secured by the natural barrier.
- Use a tarp. A tarp can be of great help if you set it in the direction where the wind is blowing; in front of the tent. Make sure that it is properly set so the wind won’t blow it away after you set it up.
- Stake the tent properly. Pitching your tent with the stakes is a general precaution to stay safe while the weather gets worse. When you purchase a tent you will probably get it with stakes. However, I recommend buying sturdier ones that will protect you in the case of the wind.
- Anchor the tent. Use anchors to stabilize the tent. You can buy them or make your own anchors at home.
Which is the Best Instant Cabin Tent?
Instant tents are the best when it comes to pitching time. These are the fastest pitching tents beside pop-ups that you will set up in a matter of minutes. Coleman is making tents that are pitched in one minute since you just unfold the tent, extend the tent poles, make a click and lock the tent for stability.
Why go for cabin tents with a porch?
Tents that have a porch are the most favorable among families and friends. There is nothing better than going to hang out or eat dinner on a tent’s porch in summer. This place can serve you for eating, hanging out or to store your camping equipment and dirty shoes.
Moreover, you have outdoor tents that have screened porch which means you will be able to enjoy with your loved ones without mosquito attacks. The screened porch is made of mesh so it provides additional airflow for you to stay comfortable and cozy.
Cabin Tent Vs Dome Tent – What are the main differences?
Dome tents are the most common camping tents that are used for camping, hiking or other outdoor adventure. Families use cabin tents since they are big enough to accommodate more than 4 people. What are the differences between them?
- The shape. These two tents differ in shape. Dome tents have two poles that cross on the top of the tent and are bent to the ground. Cabin tents have vertical walls so they look like a cabin. The main difference here is that you can walk freely in this tent, without bending, while this is not possible to do in a dome tent since it has poles bent to the ground.
- The weight. Dome tents are lighter since they are smaller in size and come with fewer tent poles than cabin tents which are bigger and have more poles.
- The price. Cabin tents are usually pricier since there is a lot of material and poles.
- The accommodation. Cabin shaped tents can accommodate more people than dome tents because they are meant for the groups of people.
- Pitching process. Since cabin tents are bigger and heavier, they usually take more time to set up. Sometimes you won’t be able to set it up by yourself and you will need some help while pitching it. Dome tents are easier to set up and also take less time to pitch.
Cabin camping tent guide
Consider my guide to know what should you consider when buying one of these largest family tents.
Buying a Tent that Suits Your Needs
Do you know which tent would suit your needs? These large camping tents have a wide array of sizes, designs, colors, and special features. If you want to get the best quality one, consider the next features.
Concerning the size, cabin camping tents are available in wide-ranging sizes. They also depend on the number of people they can hold.
These tents are roomy and can accommodate a lot of people. Since they are large, they can have separate rooms. However, they are not suitable for backpacking because their setup is time-consuming and they are also heavy to carry.
They are ideal to use for family camping. Moreover, they are perfect for garden parties and family get-togethers. Most of these luxury family camping tents include a canopy that offers protection from sun and other weather elements. They have huge windows and decks along with ventilation.
These are the reasons why many people prefer to use these tents over backpacking tents.
Tents don’t only vary on sizes. They also differ in the materials from which they are made. There are three main fabrics used in making this type of tent: canvas, polyester, and nylon.
Canvas camping tents are known for their durability and long-lasting life. This fabric is hardwearing and suitable for any weather condition. However, they are much more costly compared to nylon and polyester ones.
The tent that has a cabin shape is built for campers who want a lot of space and comfort for camping activities inside the tent.
Cabin style tents are widely used these days. Although some people think they are very large and bulky, it’s noticeable that many people with large families make use of them.
Get your outdoor home
Let me summarize the important features that you need to consider when looking for the best cabin tent. It is meant for families and large groups of people who want to spend quality time in nature.
These tents are high enough, so you won’t need to bend when you walk inside. Cooking and playing in the tent is therefore easy.
Also, consider the tent material. Canvas is more expensive than polyester and nylon but if you get the canvas tent, it will serve you for many years. Canvas tents are heavy so they aren’t appropriate to carry it on your back. They are meant for families and groups who are going to a campsite with a car. You can choose a nylon model that is easier to carry but its durability isn’t as good compared to the canvas type.
Cabin camping tents have more space than occasional tents. If you want privacy during camping, choose this large camping tent with rooms. When you are looking at this type of tent consider my guide and think about the features that it has.
Ask yourself where you will be camping, how many people will be accommodated in the tent and what are your specific needs. Choose wisely among the camping tents that I showed you as they are top for a family camping and enjoy your camping adventure.