Camping is the perfect time to enjoy yourself and relax. Most people have stuck with the perception that they have to sleep on the floor or on a pad when they go outdoors. How do you sleep when camping?
While this is still ideal, you can upgrade to sleeping on a cot for maximum comfort. The best camping cots are made to provide users with best-elevated comfort and a home-simulated experience in the wild.
This way you have less chance of coming into contact with bugs and being soaked in rainwater when it rains. Here are the top picks of camping cots that I recommend for your pleasurable outdoor sleeping.
Best Camping Cots
|Coleman ComfortSmart Camping Cot||Check price on Amazon|
|PORTAL Folding Camping Cot with Carry Bag||Check price on Amazon|
|TETON Sports Adventurer Camping Cot Great for Car Camping||Check price on Amazon|
|Camping Cot, 450LBS, Portable Foldable Outdoor Bed with Carry Bag for Adults Kids||Check price on Amazon|
|Portable Outdoor Camping Bed Heavy Duty Military Grade Aluminum Camping Cot||Check price on Amazon|
Best camping cots for tenting
A camping cot is something that you should consider first when thinking of camping essentials because the quality of rest will affect your next day. Take a look at the mentioned cots and their features to choose the one that will fit your sleeping needs.
Night sleep is essential for you to operate. It gives you ample time to unwind, relax, and plan for the next day. However, achieving all this isn’t possible without a good sleeping cot especially when on a camping adventure.
Coleman ComfortSmart Cot
- Folding camping cot offers bed-like comfort for a restful night's sleep
- Provides superior support with coil suspension system and thick foam mattress
- Durable steel frame can support up to 275 pounds and accommodate most people up to 5 feet 7 inches...
- Portable design fits into most car trunks when folded; Comfortable covered foam mattress pad
- Measures 69 x 25 x 15 inches when unfolded
This is a folding camping cot from Coleman that is a world-known camping equipment manufacturer. It measures 69 x 25 x 15 inches when being unfolded. The unit provides superior support with a coil suspension system and thick foam mattress.
It has a durable steel frame that can support up to 275 pounds. If you are less then 5 feet 7 inches tall then this bedding is perfect for you. It fits most can truck when being folded. This Coleman ComfortSmart unit comes in gray color and weighs 18.06 lbs.
PORTAL Folding Camping Cot
- MADE FOR COMFORT: The Portal portable camping cot measure 75"(L) x 25. 4" (W) x 18" (H) when set up...
- EASY TO TRANSPORT: This instant folding cot can be packed into the included carry bag with a compact...
- QUICK, EASY SETUP: Our camping cot / fold up bed is designed without any loose parts, so no assembly...
- DURABLE DESIGN: With a steel frame construction and powder coating, this cot can withstand whatever...
- USE ANYWHERE: The classic design of our cot will add comfort and relaxation to your next outdoor...
This sleeping cot is from Portal company and measures 75 x 25. 4 x 18 inches and weighs 17.2 lbs. The frame is made of high carbon steel material with a powder coating while the material is 600D polyester canvas that offers durability and comfort. The seat depth is 18 inches.
The product has a weight capacity of up to 300 pounds. It doesn’t require any assembly and doesn’t have any loose parts. The model has a fast mechanical system for quick and easy setup. With quick locking and stainless steel screws, you will be sleeping without worries of falling. You can use it anywhere and transport it with ease since it has a storage bag.
TETON Sports Adventurer Camp Cot
- PIVOT ARM REVOLUTION: Cot setup just became child’s play. The pivot arm is a built-in lever that...
- STRONG AND STURDY: Reinforced steel X-leg assembly strengthens the cot and provides stability;...
- GET OFF THE GROUND: Take the comfort of a bed to the outdoors; Sleep free from rocks and other...
- SIZE DOES MATTER: Longer than a twin mattress and supports up to 400 pounds (181. 4 kg) easily; Cot...
- TETON SPORTS PROMISE: Reach out to our AMAZING product support team if you have any questions or...
This TETON Sports adventurer camp cot is a quality product made of reinforced steel and heavy-duty 600D poly canvas. It measures 75.25 x 28 x 17 inches and weighs 20 lbs. One of the most precious features of it is a pivot arm that is a built-in lever that makes putting that last end bar in place quick and easy.
Steel X-Leg assembly provides strength and stability. Each frame connects easily with attaching pins that slide together without a hassle. It is longer than a twin mattress and supports up to 400 pounds. The unit comes with a sturdy storage bag for easy transportation.
ARAER Portable Folding Cot
- 【HEAVY DUTY & STABLE】Unique square high strength 25mm steel tubes, triangle structure and...
- 【DURABLE & COMFORTABLE】Breathable 600D double layer oxford fabric. Sleep comfortable without...
- 【EASY TO SETUP】Compact, incredibly quick and easy to set up(Unfolded Dimension: 190 x 67 x...
- 【PORTABLE】Fold up to fit inside most car trunks. Storage bag included for easy transport and...
- 【WIDELY USED】Not only as camping, patio and pool furniture, but also in beauty salons and...
If you are looking for a camping cot that will give you comfort while away from home, ARAER camping cot is all you need. It is designed using a heavy-duty steel frame for longevity and stability. It is foldable to ensure you are able to transport it to any outdoor adventure. The cot folds in seconds.
The model has an easy to follow setup plan. You can get it ready for use within a few minutes. This camping bed also comes with a carry bag for easy transportation and storage. The construction material is breathable double layer oxford fabric, which enhances your personal comfort all night.
It has a concave-convex symmetry design and fits in most car trunks. Its dimensions are 74.8 x 26.4 x 13.8 inches and weighs 15.8 lbs. The cot supports up to 450 lbs. Its unique square high strength 25mm steel tubes and triangle structure enable perfect weight support (waist and hip 70%, head 10%, and legs 20%). It has a side pocket of dimensions 11.8″ x 7.9″ to store your personal items.
AGOOL Portable Camping Cot
- STURDY: Cot made of military grade aluminum tubes frame and X leg design, can holds up to 450...
- DURABLE: The matterss made of heavy duty Oxford canvas double material, Washable, Waterproof, very...
- PORTABLE: The storage bag made of oxford canvas double material, can use in any weather, 100%...
- MULTIPURPOSE COT: Used for adults,kids,house guests,campers and explores. Or bring it to the...
- COMFORTABLE: A comfortable camp bed give you a good sleep and wake up refresh at morning. Let you...
With this AGOOL military lightweight camp cot, you will enjoy both outdoor and indoor experiences. It is designed using a military-grade aluminum tubes frame and X leg design to ensure the frame is strong to support weight capacity up to 450 lbs. The product has a convenient size that makes it suitable for a variety of tents. Its dimensions are 77 x 27 x 17 inches and it weighs 16 lbs.
The unique mattress is made of heavy-duty 1200D oxford canvas double material that won’t sag. It is strong, waterproof, and washable, therefore making it easy to maintain. It has rubber feet to provide better protection for the tent floor. The camp cot can also be used at home to ensure your guests will awake with energy and ready for a new day.
Are camping cots worth it?
Over the past couple of years, cots have evolved significantly in style, convenience, and comfort. Compared to most camping beddings, these are superior. Here are a couple of reasons why you should get one of the best camping cots for outdoor adventures.
One of the most important reasons why you ought to purchase it is because it is better and has a sturdier construction than the sleeping pad.
Much like a hammock, they keep you elevated and you get much more freedom to move around and don’t have to worry about falling off. Its design is close to a bed so you get a much-needed rest.
Keeps you cool
If you go outdoors during the summer, sleeping on a pad or sleeping bag might get uncomfortable. These cots have breathable fabrics. Therefore, you will be cool when gets warmer. The tougher the tension is, the straighter you will sleep and the cooler you will be on those hot summer days.
Keeps you away from the ground
While being inside a tent cots offer adequate protection. When it rains, the tent won’t be as foolproof as you think. Moisture will slip into your tent making your night quite uncomfortable.
It is also likely that bugs may get into your tent. When the insects burrow inside, they may bite you and cause allergies to spike. However, a cot is well-elevated and keeps you safe.
Regardless of the conditions outside, you will still have a comfortable and warm night. You will feel well-rested and will be in a position to face any challenges that come your way.
Offers you added storage space
If you are going to be carrying many things, your sleeping bag might not cut it. The cot offers you enough space to store your items under it. This will significantly increase the storage space during a camping trip.
What is the best camping cot?
The best camping cot is the one that supports your entire body and offers comfort. When you don’t know which to choose ask yourself what do you want from it. Do you want comfort, bed breathability, or maybe sturdiness? It must fit your body and offer quality resting while you camp.
Do you need a sleeping pad with a cot?
It is not necessary to have a sleeping pad on your cot but it could make your bedding even more comfortable. A pad can also provide better isolation, meaning you won’t lose body heat so fast.
How can I make my camping cot more comfortable?
As I said earlier, the best thing you can do to increase the comfort of your bedding is to purchase a thick pad that will provide even more comfort than a camping cot itself. It is an isolator so it is recommended in colder days.
Can I put an air mattress on a cot?
Yes, why not, just make sure that the dimensions of the air mattress and a cot are the same. An air mattress will take care of the comfort and warmth so go ahead and take both with you to make your outdoor trip even more pleasurable.
Are cots good for camping?
If you love to go to the great outdoors, then you should consider buying one the best camping cots. You can sleep on it with your children and spouse. It offers you the comfort you need even while you are out in the wild.
I know that it is important for you to have comfort when you are outdoors so take time and choose your bedding wisely. Consider all the features of the products and be realistic regarding your needs.