Are you going to spend some time outdoors but it is hot outside? There are a lot of different kinds of tools and gear to bring with you when camping, and choosing the best coolers for camping is very important. After all, what’s better than a cold beer after spending hours on the trail?
The product you choose also must keep your food cold and fresh the whole time. So, how would you choose the right one for you? Let me help you, here are the top 5 coolers that will keep your foods and drinks cold and friend happy.
Best Coolers For Camping In 2020
|Pelican 30Q-1-DKGRYEGRN Cooler||Check price on Amazon|
|TOURIT Soft 20 Cans Leak-Proof Soft Pack Cooler||Check price on Amazon|
|Coleman Xtreme Cooler Keeps Ice Up to 5 Days 70-Quart Cooler for Camping||Check price on Amazon|
|F40C4TMP Soft Cooler Bag 32 Cans Portable Insulated Cooler||Check price on Amazon|
|YETI Tundra 35 Cooler, White||Check price on Amazon|
What is the best cooler out there?
What are you looking for in a cooler? Is it capacity, design, or usability? A good one must have good ice retention and be user-friendly. Many of them look the same so finding the best one for your needs could be overwhelming. Here are reviews of my favorite coolers for you to check out.
Pelican Elite 30 Quart Cooler
- VOLUME: True 30 quart internal volume
- EXTREME ICE RETENTION: 2 inches of polyurethane insulation with a 360 degree freezer-grade gasket...
- FEATURES: Overmolded carry handle, 3 inch locking latches, reinforced lockable hasp, stainless steel...
- FEATURES: 4 self draining cup holders, non-skid rubber feet
- MADE IN USA: Includes Pelican's legendary lifetime guarantee - "you break it, we replace it....
The first one on my list is the Pelican Elite 30 Quart cooler that comes in six colors. It measures 25.3 x 19 x 18.5 inches. What I love about it is its strong and large base. It has a 30-quart internal volume. This Pelikan product weighs approximately 25 lbs. when being empty.
It has 2 inches of polyurethane insulation with a 360-degree freezer-grade gasket. This feature makes the ice retention can go up to two weeks which is perfect if you’re planning to use it during the hot days. Furthermore, it has a simple yet elegant design and unbeatable performance.
The Pelikan Elite has an over-molded carry handle, 3-inch locking latches, reinforced lockable hasp, molded-in tie-down slots, anti-shear hinge system, and stainless steel bottle opener. It also has 4 self-draining cup holders and non-skid rubber feet. Pelikan offers you a lifetime guarantee, they will send you a new device whenever you break it, how wonderful is that?
TOURIT Leak-proof Soft Pack Cooler
- ADVANCED COOLING PERFORMANCE: High quality insulation in 3 unique layers work together to keep your...
- 100% LEAKPROOF and IMPACT RESISTANT: TOURIT soft cooler features a waterproof and tough shell to...
- BPA FREE: The liner of soft-sided coolers made from BPA free material, superior quality, competitive...
- 3 WAYS to CARRY: With a detachable shoulder strap with pad, top handles and 2 reinforced side...
- PERFECT DIMENSIONS: Exterior size: 15" x 10" x 13 1/5" (L x W x H), Interior size: 12 4/5" x 7 9/10"...
The next one I want to suggest for you is from TOURIT company. The Tourit soft-pack model is perfect if you are going camping or hiking without a car. It comes in five options. This soft cooler offers high-quality insulation in 3 unique layers that will assure your food and drinks are cold for about 3 days. The Airtight Zipper with easy-pull tab keeps the bag with cooler leak-proof. It is BPA free.
This product has a waterproof and tough shell that will give you protection from mold, mildew, punctures, and UV rays. The middle layer is high-density foam and the interior is fully lined with leak-proof material. It has 3-way detachable handles which makes it extremely easy to carry.
What I like about this one is that you can carry it in 3 different ways. You can carry it hands-free on the shoulder for light loads, or use the top/side handles for heavy carry. A detachable shoulder strap with pad, top handles, and 2 reinforced side grab-n-go handles offer this option. It can hold 20 cans + ice.
Coleman Xtreme Cooler
- High Capacity: Holds Up to 100 Cans
- HAVE-A-SEAT LID: Closed lid supports up to 250 lb.
- Cup Holders: Molded Into the Lid to Keep Drinks Close and Prevent Spilling
- COMFORT-GRIP HANDLES: No-crush design with positive stop for pinch-free carrying
- EASY TO CLEAN: Smoother surface wipes clean easily; leak-resistant channel drain for easy draining...
Coleman is famous for its coolers and other outdoor equipment, so you should not be surprised that it is included on this list. Coleman Xtreme cooler is no doubt one of the best ones you can find on the market today.
This 70-quart unit comes with a lid that has cup holders. This is definitely a perfect companion not only for camping but also for a beach getaway and road trip. With this, you can assure that your drinks are safe while you are relaxing. On top of that, all of your drinks are going to be chilly. Its dimensions are 28.25 x 15.75 x 18.25 inches.
This budget-friendly unit has extreme technology as it has insulated lid and extra wall insulation that will keep ice up to 5 days in temperatures as high as 90°F. It can hold up to 100 cans. This Coleman model has a closed lid that supports up to 250 lb. so you will be able to use it as a chair.
Cup holders are molded into the lid to keep drinks close and prevent spilling. You will be able to carry it with ease since it has comfort-grip handles. The device is easy to clean as it has a smoother surface and a leak-resistant channel drain for easy draining without tilting.
F40C4TMP Soft Sided Cooler Bag
- Excellent Cooling Function - F40C4TMP Cooler bag can keep your food and drinks cool up to 72 hours....
- Leak-proof & T-strap Handle Zipper - F40C4TMP soft pack cooler with 100% no leak material and a...
- Durable & Easy to Clean - The exterior of the cooler bag is reinforced with TPU prevent our cooler...
- Perfect Dimension & Light weight - Interior: 16"L x 8"W x 10"H, Exterior: 18"L x 11"W x 13"H, Empty...
- Float - F40C4TMP Cooler bag can float, which is a perfect choice for water activities.
This cooler has an excellent cooling function as it can keep storage cool up to 72 hours. It is made of high-quality double coating exterior and interior. F40C4TMP soft cooler is sealed with high-density foam that prevents air and moisture, keeping the desired temperature for a long period of time. It is lightweight, well-insulated, and durable.
The device has 2 layers of thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) to prevent punctures, abrasions, and moisture. It has a leak-proof zipper and airtight seal, limiting product exposure to air for top insulation and security all through multiple uses. It has a sturdy nylon adjustable belt for carrying.
It is made of 100% leak-free material and can float on the water. This means that you can take it on the boat and on the beach. T-strap handle zipper with zipper lubricant makes zipping easy. The unit weighs 4.4 lbs and has dimensions 18 x 13 x 12.6 inches.
It can hold 32 cans of soda without ice and ideally 16 cans of soda with ice. With a heavy-duty zipper, non-slip shoulder pad, and an extra pocket & bottle opener, you will be enjoying outdoors without worries.
YETI Tundra 35 Cooler
- The YETI Tundra 35 is portable enough for one person to haul while still having an impressive...
- Ice stays ice thanks to up to 3 inches of PermaFrost Insulation and an extra thick FatWall design is...
- The Rotomolded Construction makes the Tundra armored to the core and virtually indestructible so...
- All Tundra coolers feature T-Rex Lid Latches constructed of heavy-duty rubber so you’ll never see...
- The Tundra 35 dimensions are 20 in long x 16 1/8 in wide x 15 1/4 in high with an empty weight of 20...
YETI is a well-known company from Austin, Texas that makes high-quality coolers for outstanding outdoor adventures. Their Tundra model can hold up to 20 cans with the 2:1 ice-to-contents ratio. It has a sturdy rotomolded construction so it is virtually indestructible. The unit features T-Rex lid latches that are constructed of heavy-duty rubber.
Insulation of this product is extraordinary. It has 3 inches of PermaFrost insulation and an extra thick FatWall design that is certified as bear-resistant. Extra-thick walls hold up to 2 inches of insulation for unmatched ice retention. It has pressure-injected commercial-grade polyurethane foam in the walls and lid.
Its dimensions are 21 x 16 x 15.5 inches and it weighs 20 pounds. The model has a drain plug and a small dry goods rack. Tundra has an interlock lid system that creates a form filling barrier against the heat. It features Bearfoot non-slip feet and a Vortex drain system for quick and easy draining.
How many types of coolers are there?
There are basically three common types of coolers, namely basic, heavy-duty, and soft-side. There are also other types including disposable Styrofoam boxes and iceless portable fridge.
Investing in good coolers is important, believe me. It’s also important to make sure that you pack it properly in order to keep your food chill and fresh while outdoors.
What is the best cooler for the money?
I presented you with five products that are worth the money. They are made of quality material, some of them are also waterproof. With additional features, you will be able to carry them with ease, and don’t worry about spoiled food or warm drinks.
What is the best cooler for ice retention?
I know how important it is to have a good cooler that will retain ice for a longer time when being outdoors. Pelican Elite 30 quart model is the best when it comes to ice retention. Its two inch of polyurethane insulation with a 360 degree freezer-grade gasket delivers extreme ice retention for up to 10 days.
How long will dry ice last in a cooler?
Dry ice that you put in a cooler will last for about 18-24 hours. However, ice retention depends on several factors. It depends on the cooler, outdoor temperature, ice to space ratio, opening the cooler, if you pre-chilled it or not, and the size of ice (the larger piece, the better).
Does the color of cooler matter?
This is a good question as colors are related to the temperature. The answer is yes, the color of the cooler does impact on the ice retention but not as many as other factors mentioned in the previous paragraph.
Which camping cooler will you choose?
As you can see, you can make any outdoor trip fun and comfortable by having cold drinks and fresh food using one of these three best coolers for camping. Remember, if you are going outdoors with a car then you can pick whatever cooler you want.
Meanwhile, a heavy unit will slow you down when going camping on foot, so choose a lightweight and soft product. Hopefully, this article has been helpful for you to decide which one suits your needs best. If you like this article, don’t hesitate to share it with your family and friends so they can get the best camping product that will keep their supplies ready for consumption.