Are you ready to spend the great outdoors in a special way? If so then you are going to enjoy this article since I am showing you innovative and best hammock tents that are popular among outdoor enthusiasts.
Usually, campers protect themselves against the elements by setting up a tent on the ground. A hammock tent, on the other hand, is simply a traditional hammock suspended in air, but with an added protective covering that’s used as a shelter. You are able to use a regular hammock and attach a tarp on it with stakes and chords. If you want further convenience, then look for the hammock tents.
These are built to protect you from elements that a regular hammock is not able to. They may come with mosquito netting along with rain protection feature. Hammock tents have an entry system that is securable with a Velcro, zipper, or other security systems. Look at these interesting tents below.
Hammock Tent Review
Maybe you are already convinced that you should buy a hammock tent, but with many models and brands available, which one should you choose? Because I know how overwhelming it could be to choose it, I checked what these tents have to offer.
Lawson Hammock Blue Ridge Camping Hammock
- RATED #1: By Backpacker, Outside and American Survival Guide. Winner of the prestigious Gear Of The...
- HAMMOCK AND A TENT IN ONE: Patented design with a unique arch pole/spreader bar system that allows...
- USE ANYWHERE: Most versatile tent hammock in the world. Perfect for all types of camping; car...
- HAMMOCKING COMFORT REDESIGNED: Design keeps hammock bed flatter, eliminating much of the...
- EASY SETUP, LIGHT WEIGHT, WATERPROOF & BUG-FREE: Has detachable/waterproof rainfly, bug netting...
The first one on my list is the Lawson hammock tent which is an affordable all-inclusive camping hammock ideal for base camping and special backpacking trips. Due to its additional weight from the tent poles and spreader bars, the hammock isn’t the lightest choice available (total weight is 4.25 lbs.), but it’s comparable to a lot of single-person tents.
The hammock’s body boasts a waterproof covering on the exterior to allow the hammock to be set up to the ground. The Lawson hammock tent also has a bathtub-style floor with fastened seams to protect you from the weather.
It has a weight limit of 275 lbs. You can use it as a hammock or as a ground tent. It takes a few minutes to set up. It’s made of quality Ripstop nylon and polyester fabric. This model features 2 ceiling O-rings and 2 interior storage pockets.
- Large interior
- Extremely comfortable
- Can be pitched to the ground
- Quite heavy
- The hook-and-loop attachment could be better
Everest Active Gear Double Camping Hammock
- COMPLETE YOSEMITE PACK - There are all kinds of hammocks and accessories on the market, but very...
- RIPSTOP DIAMOND WEAVE NYLON - We use colors designed to blend into your surroundings for extra,...
- EASY STEP SET UP & FULLY REVERSIBLE - Our Innovative 2 person hammock net system allows for a...
- HEAVY DUTY MOSQUITO MESH - Our unique net design provides an internal space without the feeling...
- 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - We adhere to a full 30-day return policy with a money back...
This Everest Active Gear hammock tent measures 10 feet long and can carry up to 400 lbs. Not only can you use this as a hammock, but also as a tent. With a simple flip, you can immediately turn it from hammock tent to a ground hammock.
The Everest double hammock tent boasts external and internal gear pouches along with hanging loops. Internal pouches let you keep items within reach. On the other hand, there are loops that allow you to hang things such as fans and lamps. The carry bag that comes with it also serves as an external pouch for things you want to keep safe.
It weighs 2.5 pounds and has an integrated No-See-Um bug net. Its parachute is made of 210T taffeta material which is breathable and lightweight due to the diamond-wave nylon material. It can accommodate two people but one person will use it comfortably.
- Built to last
- High-quality mosquito net
- Smooth YKK zippers
- Durable Ripstop nylon material
- Four colors selection
- Internal gear hanging loops
- Carry bag is small
Oak Creek Outdoor Camping Hammock
- Camping Hammock Bundle Includes Single Hammock, Rain fly, Mosquito Net, 2 Tree straps, 2 12kN...
- Ultra Strong, Tear Resistant Parachute Nylon Material With Reinforced Stitching and Knotting That...
- Hammock Includes an Accessory Pouch on the Inside for Your Smart Phone
- All Components fit into a Drawstring Bag and Weigh Less Than 4 Pounds
- Hammock Set is Portable, Lightweight, and Sets Up In 3 Minutes
Another portable option, if you’re looking for the hammock tent that can protect you against bad weather. With its setup, you are protected regardless of the weather. It is very easy to set up and put down, exceptionally lightweight and compact – yet it offers almost the same level of protection as a regular tent.
The strapping that comes with it is made of highly durable fabric which is 10 feet long so you are fully covered. It has top-notch steel carabineers that don’t rust over time due to wet weather. With this hammock, you will be able to enjoy outdoors in any weather.
Its parachute is made of ultra-strong nylon fabric and can hold up to 350 lbs. You will be able to set it up in less than 10 minutes. It weighs 4 pounds.
- Comes with stainless steel carabineers and solid tree strapping
- Removable rain fly and mosquito net
- Easy to setup
- Instructions are not easy to follow
- Not easy to stay in the center
Trek Light Gear Double Hammock
- BEST-SELLING HAMMOCK - The most comfortable, extra-wide hammock we make! This popular ultralight...
- OVERSIZED - We call it the "Double," but that doesn't mean you need a friend to use it - measuring...
- GREAT FOR CAMPING - The Double Hammock holds up to 400 lbs and only weighs slightly over 1 lb (20...
- DURABLE, DRY & COLORFUL - Our Hammocks are lightweight, quick drying, durable and breathable. Choose...
- THE TRUSTED BRAND - Don't be fooled by imitators on Amazon - Trek Light Gear is the original brand...
Trek Light Gear hammock is a great model for space-loving campers. This is another hard-wearing nylon hammock that will provide you great comfort. It is one of the bigger options you can find on the market today. With its size of 10 ′x 6.5′ construction, this is not surprising.
It is also a great option if you just want to relax all day long, as there’s a lot of space for you to roll around. The secure nylon material makes it durable. It weighs 20 ounces in the pouch and holds up to 400 lbs. Trek Light Gear hammock comes with a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Lightweight and durable
- Large enough to carry two persons
- Packs compactly
- The rope must be bought separately
- ULTRALITE BACKPACKER CLASSIC is a favourite on the long trails; Takes almost no room in your pack;...
- COMPLETE shelter system includes: 70d high density nylon bottom; 20d No-See-Um mosquito mesh; 30d...
- LEGENDARY camping shelter is uncompromising in design, materials and workmanship; There are...
- ASYMMETRIC shape conforms to your anatomy providing exceptional comfort when lying on the diagonal;...
- MORE INFO: One year on materials and workmanship. 2 lbs / 896 g; Compact size: 4" x 8" x 10" / 10 cm...
The last one on the list is the Hennessy hammock tent. This ultralight shelter (2 pounds) is perfect for solo backpackers planning to camp around a wooded place. The built of this hammock tent is designed to endure powerful thunderstorms. It has amazing versatility. The fly could be arranged differently to suit the weather conditions.
The Hennessy model is excellent when it comes to insulation. It holds a maximum weight of 200 lbs. This hammock tent serves amazingly as the foundation of a modular system of quilts and tarps to offer year-round comfort during your adventure.
The parachute is made of 70D high-density nylon and a mosquito mesh of 20D No-See-Um mesh material. It has a unique bottom entry that will protect you from mosquitos.
- Easy setup
- Very comfortable
- Good insulation system
- Requires customization
- Limited to those people weighing less than 200 lbs
3 Benefits of Hammock Camping
Using hammock tents come with a lot of benefits. Here are three reasons why you should consider using them instead of tents that pitch on the ground.
They are more Versatile
You can set it up almost anywhere outdoors. Simply tie them between trees, posts, beneath piers, or anywhere that can offer support, and you are good to go. You can even set them up inside your RV, home, or anywhere else. If you don’t want to hang it, then you can use it as a sleeping bag.
Easy to Set Up
Another thing you will love about hammock tents is that setting them up isn’t difficult – in fact, a single person can set it up. You don’t have to deal with poles and guylines as you can just tie it on a tree in a minute or two.
Compact and Lightweight
With its weight, you will not have to worry about consuming a lot of space and adding a lot of weight to your bag. This is perfect especially if you have a long trek to walk.
Finding one of the best hammock tents shouldn’t be difficult with my help. If you know the exact features you are looking for, you will be able to find the perfect one for your needs and preference. Choose wisely and enjoy your free time in nature.