Do you love to camp but you don’t like setting up a tent? I have good news for you as I will show you the solution that you will gladly consider as your next camping equipment.
We go outdoors to have a great time and to relax. However, there are situations that can ruin our experience like having trouble setting up a tent. No matter if you are a rookie or advanced camper, pitching a tent can sometimes be intimidating.
From pre-historic lodgings to modern leisure camping, tent designs have evolved greatly throughout the years. Now, manufacturers have come up with the best instant tents that make outdoor experience a lot more convenient.
Best Instant Tents in 2020
Top Instant Tents For Camping
They are perfect for all of you who don’t have the patience and skills to put up a tent. These ones are pitched very fast and with minimal effort. Tent poles are already stitched to the fabric so you won’t need to deal with them.
However, this is not the only benefit. They are a good choice when you have to have a tent up quickly. This applies to situations when a storm is coming or if you didn’t have the time to set a tent at daylight.
To avoid unpleasant situations and hassle putting up a tent here are 5 top instant tents with details that will make your tent setup easy and simple and camping pleasant.
Coleman 6-Person Instant Tent
- Weatherproof: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in
- Enhanced ventilation: Integrated rainfly offers extra weather protection with better airflow
- Built to last: Double-thick fabric stands up to the elements season after season
- Instant setup: In as fast as 1 minute
- Roomy interior: 10 x 9 ft. With 6 ft. Center height; fits 2 queen-size air beds
The Coleman 6-person automatic tent is one of the best instant tents for 6 people and one of the bestseller models you can find online. Available in several sizes, the 6-person option is rapidly becoming the top choice for adventurous campers due to the spacious interior where you can set 2 queen airbeds.
The tent’s inner material is made of 150D/150D polyester and has taped seams. The outer material is made of taffeta 150D & polyester mesh. The setup is easy and simple since you will be able to pitch it in only 1 minute. This Coleman model has a WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams that protect from rain and moisture.
It has a rugged polyguard 2X double-thick fabric that makes it durable and longlasting. This Coleman instant tent features an integrated vented rainfly for good ventilation. The tent measures 10 x 9 feet and has a 6-foot center height. Integrated storage pockets will make sure your things are organized.
Mobihome Instant Dome Tent
- INSTANT QUICK UP TENT - Special hub system design for single operation - Up in seconds, down in a...
- DURABLE & VENTILATIVE - 190T polyester camping tent fly for 100% water-resistance; Sturdy,...
- LIGHTWEIGHT & WATER-RESISTANT - Compact and portable backpacking tent for easy setup; High-class...
- COMFORTABLE & LONG-LASTING - Breathable micro mesh & 2-door tent & 2-way zippers give dual system...
- WHAT YOU GET - 3 Person tent is fully equipped with rainfly X 1, storage pocket X 1, steel pegs X 8,...
This Mobihome instant tent is made of 190T polyester with 1500mm coating and weighs 6.8 lbs. A special hub system enables easy and quick, few seconds setup.
It is a sturdy tent with a watertight tent floor that is made of 115G Polyethylene FR. This model has a big micro-mesh roof and door with a rainfly for ventilation.
This Mobile 3 season tent has sealed seams, fully taped rainfly, rain-resistant door, windows seals and durable zippers for weather protection. It can occupy up to 3 people. Its dimensions are 82.68″ x 74.80 ” x 43.31″ and it has a center height of 43 inches.
CORE Instant Cabin Tent for 6-Person
- Instant 60 Second Setup; Sleeps 6 people; Fits two queen air mattresses; Center Height: 72".
- CORE H20 Block Technology and adjustable ground vent
- Features gear loft with lantern hook and large wall organizer to keep items neat and off the tent...
- Includes rain fly, tent stakes, and carry bag
- 1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: We strive for total satisfaction with all of our products.
This CORE freestanding tent accommodates up to 6 people and sets up in 1 minute. Its dimensions are 132 x 108 x 72 inches and it has a center height of 72″. It weighs 12.72 pounds. You can fit 2 queen airbeds inside or 6 sleeping bags. It is a 3-season tent.
The tent features H2O technology which means that it has water repellent fabrics, sealed seams, and fully-taped rainfly, rain-resistant D-shaped doors and windows seals.
The floor is made of polyethylene. Adjustable ground vents and mesh ceiling take care of ventilation. Your things will be organized with a gear loft with a lantern hook and a huge wall organizer.
LETHMIK Instant Tent
- ➣DURABLE MATERIAL- Durable sturdy 190T PU fabric(PU2000mm) and 190D Oxford fabric floor(PU3000mm)...
- ➣LARGE SIZE&LIGHTWEIGHT- LETHMIK Backpacking Tent, Instant Tent, Unfolding Size : 78.7 x 78.7 x 55...
- ➣EASY TO SET UP&EASY STORAGE- The Family Tent is easy to set up in only 30 SECONDS, Does not need...
- ➣PRAGMATIC DESIGN-※Double Layer Camping Tent, It's mesh wall panels make for great ventilation...
- ➣WHAT YOU GET- 1 Carry bag, 1 Inner tent, 1 cover, 4 alloy stakes, 4 windproof ropes※ LETHMIK -...
This LETHMIK instant tent can occupy up to 3 persons (2 adults + a child). The tent is made of sturdy 190T PU fabric with 2000mm coating and 190D Oxford fabric floor with 3000mm coating.
Seams are fully-tapped. Its dimensions are 78.7 x 78.7 x 55 inches and it weighs 8.38lb. You can pitch it in 30 seconds.
It is a double-layer camping tent that has mesh wall panels for ventilation. This dome tent can withstand wind since it has wind ropes. The LETHMIK model is a 3 season tent that has strong and lightweight aluminum tent poles. It comes with interior pockets for storage.
Wnnideo Instant Family Tent
- This lightweight 4-person dome tent with 2 large D-style door and all sides go all the way to the...
- Seamed floor and Pre-assembled poles make this tent a easy 10-second setup integrated freestanding...
- Dome top design perform as well on wind resistance as Pyramid shaped shelter. Hexagon weather Tec...
- With storage pockets to organize your gear, top lamp hanger to hang tent light and lighten up the...
- Wnnideo engineered to be a stronger, more wind-resistant frame by using redesigned poles to anchor...
This Wnnideo automatic pop up tent is made of elasticated 210T polyester fabric that has 3000mm coating. It can accommodate up to 5 people and is set up in one minute. The tent has water-repellent fabrics with active bead technology that enables faster water runoff. Seams of the tent are sealed.
Its dimensions are 120.1 x 94.5 x 57.1 inches and it weighs 9.25 lbs. The frame is made of fiberglass. Doors are in D-shape and are rain resistant. Mesh ceiling (6 mesh panels), windows (4), and double doors provide enough ventilation. It has a lantern hanging hook and a storage pocket for item organization.
What is an Instant Tent and how is it different from a Normal Tent?
An instant tent is a portable tent that sets up quickly with minimal effort required. This kind of tent is ideal for camping trips, hiking, music festivals, and beach getaways.
While this is not the best tent for a storm, heavy snow, and strong wind, it is enough to give you a comfortable sanctuary when the sun is raging and when you need a place to sleep.
Automatic tents are perfect for children and people who don’t want to have a hard time pitching their tent. Setting them up is fun and equally amusing.
Are Instant Tents good?
If you will be outdoors and the weather is normal you will be fine with an instant tent. It is pitched in minutes and will serve you well just don’t use it in heavy rain and storms.
Which is the best automatic tent to buy?
If you are looking for a good tent then you need to pick one that will offer you proper protection. It is best to buy a tent from reputable camping tent brands like Coleman, CORE, Wnnideo, and others. Also consider the season, capacity and other tent features that you want in a tent.
Which is the easiest tent to put up?
Models from my list are easy and quick to pitch since they have a hydraulic system that enables you to set them up in minutes. Instant and pop up tents are the easiest ones to put up.
Which is the biggest instant tent?
There are automatic tents that can occupy up to 12 persons and are manufactured by different companies like Coleman, Ozark Trail, and CORE.
Who makes top automatic tents?
Companies that make the top quality automatic tents are Coleman, Ozark Trail, CORE, Alpha Camp, Hewolf, Star Home, Mobihome, LEHTMIK, and Wnnideo.
How do you erect a Coleman Instant Tent?
You can set it up by yourself but if you are enjoying outdoors with someone ask him to help you with the setup. Take a tent out of the storage bag and separate the fly and interior.
Open four corners of the tent and pull up the poles to a vertical position. Extend each pole till you will hear a click. Then peg down the tent corners so your tent will be stable. Grab a rainfly and extend it over the tent. Velcro it to the frame, hook the corners down and peg out the edges.
The last thing to do is to set the guy ropes. Peg and tighten them with the hammer. If your tent has awnings, set them up at this stage and you are all done with the setup process.
Are Coleman Instant Tents waterproof?
Coleman invented an exclusive technology called the WeatherTec system that makes their tents waterproof. The system features leak-free protected seams, weather-resistant material, waterproof floors, zipper protection, and wind-strong frame.
How do you fold an instant tent?
Folding this type of tent requires the opposite process of setting it up. So, first, remove the rainfly off the tent. Then fold the frame in and collapse the tent legs.
Make sure that the doors are open so the air can get out when you are folding the tent. When the tent is in a proper shape put it in your storage bag.
Hint: Never store a wet tent in a storage bag. The tent should be completely dry before you do that or else you can face mold.
Fascinating and easy to set up tents
Are you fascinated over these tents? They are the easiest ones to set up by yourself so you will no longer end up throwing your poles and hammer away because of the frustration of setting up your tent.
If you want to have a tent with instant setup pick one of the best instant tents on my list and enjoy the great outdoors.