Are you going camping with a group of friends and family and you will stay in one tent together? Well, you definitely need one of the best large tents to have enough space for activities, sleeping and gear storage.
If you’ve never experienced camping with a big group before, you’ll see that it’s a lot different from camping as a solo camper. You have to consider space and camper’s privacy. These large camping tents are surely breathtaking and ready for you to try.
Best Large Tents in 2019
Large Camping Tents
Finding a quality large tent is not an easy task. So, in order to make things easier for you, I made an analysis of these giants.
Tahoe Gear Ozark 3-Season Family Cabin Tent
- Large yet practical with a generous 7-foot center, the Tahoe Gear Ozark is perfect for group or...
- Easy to assemble shock-corded poles and pin-and-ring system allow for quick setup
- Features water-resistant 1200mm polyester fly with taped fly seams and polyethylene floor
- Fly canopy extends out over the door for extra coverage, and includes guy ropes on each side for...
- Open mesh-design and floor vents provide excellent cross ventilation throughout the tent
The first one on my list is Tahoe Gear Ozark 3-season cabin tent. It’s made of polyester, has a 7-foot center hight, and can accommodate up to 16 people. Due to shock-corded poles and pin and ring system, the tent assemblage is easy. This model weighs 47.4 pounds and has a 30 x 13 x 12 inches dimension.
It features a water-resistant 1200mm polyester fly with taped fly seams and polyethylene floor. Fly canopy is large enough to cover the doors. Guy ropes on each side stabilize the tent in wind. Floor vents and mesh material take care of ventilation.
Ozark Trail 10-Person Instant Cabin Tent
- Sets up in less than 2 minutes No assembly required: poles pre-attached to tent Sleeps 10 Innovative...
- Deluxe gear pockets and hanging gear organizer included Electrical cord access Carry bag included...
- Attention California Residents: WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of...
- Ozark Trail 10-Person Dark Rest Instant Cabin Tent
Like most big tents offered by Ozark Trail, this is a beautiful, spacious, and comfortable tent. You can set up this tent within two minutes due to the pre-attached poles. This model has Dark Rest technology to sleep in the total dark. It is a 2-room tent that has 8 windows and 78″ of the center hight. It has 14′ x 10′ dimensions, deluxe gear pockets, a hanging gear organizer and electrical cord access.
This polyester Ozark Trail tent has enough space for three queen airbeds. As a matter of fact, space is big enough to accommodate 10 people comfortably or 12 if you don’t have a lot of gears with you. Separate sleeping and living spaces can be rustled up right away due to the room dividers.
Coleman Prairie Breeze 9-Person Cabin Tent
- 9-person cabin tent makes you feel at home with built-in LED lighting and fan system
- WeatherTec system and rainfly keep tent interior dry and comfortable
- Easy setup with snag-free poles and Insta-Clip suspension
- Compatible with CPX 6; can be powered by 4 D batteries or a rechargeable cartridge (both sold...
- 14 x 10 ft. interior accommodates up to 2 queen-sized airbeds
Another tent you should check out is Coleman’s 9-person instant cabin tent. Coleman is a trusted outdoor company for camping gear, providing the most cost-effective tents.
This Coleman tent is one of the best cabin tents you can choose if you are camping as a group. It has pre-attached poles and Insta-clip suspension that make setup easy. Its dimensions are 14 x 10 ft. and can fit 2 queen-size airbeds. The tent weighs 36.1 pounds.
The tent is made from a 150D/150D polyester material that makes it strong and durable. It has the WeatherTec system and a rainfly which will keep you dry. I am sure you will love the illuminated wall switch that enables you to choose between low, high and nightlight mode.
Mountain Trails Grand Pass 10 Person Tent
- Shock-corded fiberglass frame
- Removable fly and mesh roof vents
- Dutch "D" style door with inside zip window
- Reinforced polyethylene floor with welded seams
- Stop 'n' go system with integrated mud mat
The lightweight Mountain Trails Grand Pass is another tent designed for hardcore campers. It has a detachable fly along with big roof vents and zip-open windows that help to keep the air in the tent fresh and chilly during warm evenings.
Similar to the Coleman, this tent features D-shaped doors with interior scoot windows offering you a lot of personal privacy. It’s ideal for group camping for ten people. This model has a shock-corded fiberglass frame and reinforced polyurethane floor with welded seams. It also features a stop ‘n’ go system with an integrated mud mat. Its dimensions are 216 x 72 x 120 inches.
Slumberjack Overland 10 Person Tent
- Overland 10 Tent from Slumberjack gives you large living space and all the comfort of home for...
- Enjoy your camping on another level with the tunnel style tent, sturdy construction gives you large...
- Single wall tent construction is lightweight and compact, tunnel tent style provides huge living...
- Multiple large windows can be opened/closed from inside the tent
- Seasons: 3, Capacity: 10 Person, Number of rooms: 3, Number of poles: 5
The last tent on the list is Slumberjack Overland model, which measures 10’x10’. It is a little smaller compared to some of the tents on this list. It is designed to accommodate 10 campers. The tent has a flexible divider control. It is a tunnel style tent that has a sturdy construction.
The central part is built bigger to give you more space for the storage of wet items rather than doing it over your cot, using two sleeping areas on both sides. The tent and packaging are pretty lightweight, so it is not too hard to set it up and take down. It is a 3-season model that has multiple large windows. Its dimensions are 228 x 107 x 75 inches and it weighs 26.8 pounds.
- Small windows
- No gear loft
Get a bigger group closer together
Large tents are ideal for camping with big groups. You have separated rooms for privacy and still have a chance to socialize with people you care about and love spending your time with in the common section of the tent like a porch.
These are not only perfect for camping, but large tents can also be used when you are hosting an outdoor party. You can invite your friends to spend a night in a tent after a fun evening. These camping adventures might even become a tradition that you can organize every summer.
Which is the best large family tent?
It should be well constructed and have multiple rooms for privacy. This type of tent usually has big windows, doors and mesh material for ventilation. In case of bad weather, your tent should have a rainfly, vestibules are great as well as they will protect your entrance.
Enjoy your time together
Don’t forget that large tents differ in many features due to small camping tents. Having a bigger tent means a lot of space and comfort but it is heavier than a small one and set up can be more demanding. If you will camp with people you love then you don’t have to worry about pitching it by yourself. Have a nice time.