Going backpacking alone can be a great experience. Hiking, exploring and experiencing new things outdoors is an opportunity to recharge your batteries.
You will need a tent that will give you shelter and space to sleep. If you are traveling alone then it is best to pick the best one-man tent for backpacking so you will carry the minimum weight.
The Best bivy tent for your solo getaway
Take a look at these tents that you can choose for the outdoor adventure.
ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1-Person Tent
- Free standing, two pole design w/7000 series aluminum poles; easy Assembly with pole clips; 75D 185T...
- Factory sealed fly and floor seams for best weather protection; 75D 185T poly Taffeta floor W/2000mm...
- Vestibule for gear storage and extra weather protection; Weatherproof fly buckles on for maximum...
- Half mesh walls increase ventilation; mesh storage pockets, gear loft, 7075 aluminum stakes and guy...
- Base Size: 2'8 x 7'6, Center Height: 36", Total Weight: 4 lbs. 1 oz., Minimum Weight: 3 lbs. 5 oz.
This is a lightweight 1 person backpacking tent that won’t disappoint you when it comes to durability and quality. Most importantly, it’s reasonably priced.
Because this tent is compact and lightweight (3 lbs. 8 oz.), you can assure that it will provide you with supreme portability. You’ll have no problem carrying it anywhere. However, some may find the floor a little bit thin and those who are tall will be challenged of getting in and out of the tent as it has 36 inches of center hight.
This is a freestanding tent with an aluminum two-pole design which is easy to set up. The floor is made of 75D 185T Poly Taffeta material and has 2000mm of the coating. The fly is made of 75D 185T polyester. It has one door and a vestibule.
- Affordable price
- Easy to set up
- Durable construction
- Thin floor
- Relatively low livable space
- Not ideal for winter conditions
Snugpak The Ionosphere 1 Man Dome Tent
- Crafted from the highest quality materials
- Built for performance and durability
- Made in China
- Flysheet is a lightweight 210t Polyester Rip Stop up with a 5000mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Inner Tent constructed of 190t Nylon with Polyester Mesh
The tent measures 94.5 x 35.4 x 102.4 inches. Its inner material is made of 190T nylon with polyester mesh. It has a flysheet that is made of lightweight 210T polyester rip-stop material with a 5000mm polyurethane coating for leakage protection.
This 2-layer tent offers DAC Featherlite NSL anodized poles with press fit connectors. This means this model doesn’t have a Fly-First Pitch design. You basically have to set it up first and then add the fly.
The Snugpak Ionosphere provides you with protection from insects with its all-around mesh cover. It also has a rainfly that will keep you safe from elements.
This model has two access doors and when you set up the fly, both doors will have a vestibule. One door only has one centered zip, while the other one features two zips that are able to form an entrance that stands as a wind blocker. The tent is perfect for all-year usage and is easy to set up.
- Easy to set up
- Two doors
- Highly protective mesh cover
- No vents in the fly
- Not freestanding
- Doors are quite small
Eureka! Solitaire Tent
- Travel light with the bivy-style three-season, one-person Eureka! Solitaire backpacking tent (21.5...
- Non-freestanding hoop style tent features a durable two-pole 6.3-millimeter fiberglass frame with...
- Walls are constructed of 50D no-see-um mesh for maximum ventilation, while the rain fly and floor...
- Packed full of gear storing features including two storage pockets, a flashlight loop, and a small...
- Tent has an interior height of 2 feet, 4 inches, weighs 2 pounds, 10 ounces, packs down to 4 by 17.5...
This Eureka! model is a three-season backpacking tent. It measures 21.5 square feet and weighs 2.9 lbs. The tent has a durable two-pole fiberglass frame. Walls are made of 50D no-see-um mesh which enables good ventilation. The rain fly and floor are made of 75D polyester with 1200mm coating. It has two storage pockets, a small vestibule, and a flashlight loop.
The body is smartly designed to keep you comfortable and safe. The nylon taffeta floor and fly are meant to keep you safe from extreme weather. I also love the fact that the fly comes attached, but you can easily roll back to show a ceiling of mesh, which is perfect if you want to stargaze or in need of more ventilation.
- Compact and lightweight
- Good materials
- Foldable ceiling
- Not freestanding
- Poles could be better
- Not appropriate for use in colder climates
Winterial Single Person Tent
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Single Person Tent with Two Hoop Easy To Assemble Bivy Tent
- PERFECT FOR HIKING AND BACKPACKING: Bivy Tent Sleeps One Person take it with you on any trip
- 3 SEASON TENT: Ventilated Roof Mesh With a Full Coverage Rain Fly for Colder/Rainy Weather
- LIGHT WEIGHT: Packed weight: 3 pounds 3 ounces. Packed Size: 18" x 4.5" x 4" Open Dimensions: 38 x...
- ACCESS: Large Zippered door for easy access. Includes 3 bundles of rope and 14 Heavy Duty Stakes To...
This Winterial model is a 3-season tent that is easy to assemble due to two hoops. It weighs 2.9lbs and measures 38 x 28 x90 inches. This Winterial tent has one large zippered doors. It is perfect for summer camping since it has a mesh roof for ventilation and stargazing.
It has a durable reinforced rain-fly to keep you dry when it suddenly rains. However, it is not ideal for stormy weather.
- Lightweight and durable frame
- Extremely portable and perfect for long hikes
- Easy to set up
- Small entrance
- Condensation issues when covered
Weanas one person tent
- COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT - With a packed size only 17"x 5.5", this dual 7,000-series aluminum pole tent...
- SPACIOUS - Base Size: 7'9" L x 3'8" W, Center Height: 41", Large Vestibule: 23.5" W, Small...
- ADDITIONAL SIDE FOOTPRINT - Additional footprint at the right side of the canopy protects your gear...
- BREATHABLE - Two large mesh door and more mesh area provide increased ventilation in hot weather,...
- WEATHER PROTECTION - Factory sealed seams, 190T Polyester Fly and 150D Ripstop Oxford Fabric floor...
This Weanas model is another three-season tent that weighs 4 lbs. This tent is easy to set up, you can get it ready within five minutes or less. It’s spacious which will provide more than enough space for your gears. It measures 7’9″ L x 3’8″ W and has 41 inches of center hight.
The buckles and zippers work flawlessly. The poles are durable since they are made of 7000-series aluminum. The design does not put a lot of pressure on them, so they are more likely to last for years. It features 150D Ripstop Oxford fabric floor and 190T polyester fly, both coated with a 3000mm polyester coating.
This tent has two vestibules. There is a bonus groundsheet that is attached to the tent itself which is ideal for keeping shoes on. You can assure that it will give you enough air since it has a lot of mesh cover.
- Easy assemble
- Good ventilation system
- Cheap stakes
- Putting it back together is not the easiest thing to do
Benefits of getting a solo tent
Solo travelers and those who want to have more privacy when camping in a group should consider the next features of this tent type. There are several benefits if camping in a bivy tent.
It gives you privacy
When you buy a solo backpacking tent, privacy is the first thing guaranteed. It is one of the reasons why people rather get it instead of the bigger ones.
You can sleep peacefully and comfortably all night long without anyone bothering you. Just imagine how nice it would be to sleep at night without having to deal with snores of tired campers all night.
Hiking and backpacking mean packing everything you need to survive in one backpack. If you’re backpacking with your friends, it would be the best idea to travel light.
Bringing bigger tents isn’t only going to put a lot of weight on your shoulders, but it would also consume a lot of space in your bag.
It’s more affordable
Because solo tents require less material, it’s not surprising that they are cheaper compared to family size tents. While prices usually depend on the camping brands and features, size plays a big part.
Reasons mentioned above are only three of the main reasons why you need to find the best one person backpacking tent for your next hike.
Backpacking tents for a single adventurer are a great way to enjoy the outdoors with as little weight on your back as possible. Weight is the most important when traveling with your backpack so choose one of the best one-man tents for backpacking that I choose for you.
Therefore, you should also consider the season and your personal needs when getting this tent type. Enjoy the great outdoors.