Are you looking for a tent that will pitch instantly? You don’t want to struggle with poles and instructions and rather spend time with your loved ones?
With a pop-up tent, you don’t need to worry about the setup as you will pitch it in seconds. It is a great and easy solution when you need shelter.
I use it for hiking and weekend camping and it serves me well. However, know that it isn’t appropriate to use in harsh weather because it won’t last.
Check the best pop up tents on the market that you can use for camping, hiking, or other getaways.
Best Pop Up Tents
Pop up camping tents come in different sizes, colors, from different manufacturers, and with different features.
Their main advantages are that they set up fast, are light and portable. This means that they are perfect for backpacking or when you go camping with a backpack.
If you want to get a fast pitching model that fits your needs, take a look at my top picks and its features to assure you will be satisfied.
FiveJoy Instant Tent
- ⛺ EASY and STRESS FREE SET UP - Remove your instant, free-standing tent from the packaging and...
- 👼 LET YOUR KIDS BE KIDS AGAIN - Set up camp in your backyard and have your kids leave their...
- 🍃 THOUGHTFUL DESIGN - Openings on both the left and right sides are covered by a solid nylon flap...
- 🏖️ MULTI PURPOSE- Turn your windows into a rain fly by attaching guy lines to the loops below...
- 💯 QUALITY YOU CAN COUNT ON- Durable seams, sturdy zippers, and water resistant PU coated...
This FiveJoy tent can occupy up to 3 people (2 adults + a child). You can set it up within seconds. It measures 9 ft. x 6.5 ft with and has 4 ft center height. It is easy to use and enjoy. The whole package weighs 8.1 pounds.
Its material is polyester that is PU coated; making sure you are protected from the rain and leakage.
You can use windows as a rain fly by attaching guy lines to the loops below the window flap. Durable seams and sturdy zippers are included.
This freestanding unit offers an impressive multifunctional design with 2 doors, loops for lighting source, storage pockets, a mesh window, and a solid nylon flap for cross ventilation.
There are openings on the left and right sides that are covered by a solid nylon flap to provide cross ventilation and privacy. It has a hang loop to hang your lantern or another lighting source.
It includes an interior mesh pocket to store items. Poles and guy lines will enable you to lift doors up to have a rain fly or a sunshade in nice weather.
ZOMAKE Pop Up Tent
- Seconds Pop Up - Open the package, unstrap the tent, throw it in the air, watch it open itself in...
- Ventilation& Blocking Mosquitoes - 2 mesh doors, 2 mesh windows and an extra big mesh roof sky...
- Tent Size - Open size : Very roomy for 3 adults, could easily fit 4 if needed. Ideal for a family...
- Material - Durable sturdy 190T PU-coated silver ANTI-UV polyester fabric, provide UPF 50+ Sun...
- NO RISK BUYING - Carrying bag With the installation instructions, or you can search “ZOMAKE...
This model offers efficiency and versatility. It is spacious and can accommodate up to 4 people (2-3 comfortably).
Due to its versatility, it could be ideal for camping in clear weather, beach trip, or any other outdoor activity. It can also be a perfect playhouse for your kids.
This lightweight tent is made of durable and sturdy 190T PU-coated silver ANTI-UV polyester fabric and 210D Oxford that provides UPF 50+ sun protection. The floor is made of welded polyethylene. It features fiberglass poles.
This ZOMAKE unit offers a great ventilation system with 2 mesh Dutch D-style doors, 2 mesh windows, and an extra big mesh roof sky window.
It measures 95 x 71 inches, has 5 pounds, and 40 inches center height. A queen size mattress goes in.
Its Hogan hook stakes will help you stabilize it. It is UV and water-resistant although it is not reliable in bad weather conditions.
A high-density mesh net will provide bug protection and ventilation at the same time. It is a perfect fast-setting model for summer camping.
LEHTMIK Instant camping tent
- 【HIGH QUALITY FABRIC】Instant tent made of durable sturdy 190T polyester fabric + PU coating and...
- 【AUTOMATIC DESIGN】LETHMIK Automatic Portable Pop Up Tent using the latest hydraulic technology,...
- 【LIGHTWEIGHT &EASY TO CARRY】Camping Tent weight 8.38lb, Package Size: 29.5 X 6.3 X 6.3 inches...
- 【PRAGMATIC DESIGN】A combination of inner zippered mesh plus outer zippered fabric layer give an...
This is an automatic 3-season pop-up camping tent that can occupy up to 3 people (2 adults + a child). The latest hydraulic technology enables you to pitch it in 30 seconds.
It is made of 190T waterproof polyester material and has PU 3000mm. It features a 190D Oxford floor and fully taped seams.
It weighs 8.38lb, has 55″ height, and measures 78.7 x 78.7 x 55 inches. The unit includes an inner zipped mesh and an outer zippered fabric layer for privacy and breathability.
It features a B3 nylon airy mesh for ventilation. An inner storage pocket serves for storing personal items. This is a model that has a high strength alloy stake and strengthen poles to withstand the wind.
Wnnideo Instant Family Tent
- This lightweight 4-person pop up tent with 2 large D-style door and all sides go all the way to the...
- Seamed floor and Pre-assembled poles make this tent a easy 10-second setup integrated freestanding...
- Dome top design perform as well on wind resistance as Pyramid shaped shelter. Hexagon weather Tec...
- With storage pockets to organize your gear, top lamp hanger to hang tent light and lighten up the...
- Wnnideo engineered to be a stronger, more wind-resistant frame by using redesigned poles to anchor...
This is a waterproof family tent with a dome style that offers space for 4-5 people. It weighs 9.25 pounds and measures 120 x 94.5 x 57 inches.
It has a fiberglass frame. Its elasticized fabric is rain-resistant 210T polyester with a 3000mm hydrostatic head level that has sealed seams to provide optimal weather protection.
Even though it is lightweight, you can assure that will protect you in windy conditions due to the strong stakes. The wind-resistant frame with redesigned poles ensures increased performance.
It is UV resistant, has a mesh ceiling and storage pockets. With the large double rain-resistant doors, you will be able to get in and out with ease. The tent includes a hanging lantern hook and plenty of mesh to provide air.
Coleman Pop-Up Tent
- 4-Person Pop-Up Tent
- Pre-assembled poles for easy 10-second setup
- Taped floor seams help keep you dry
- Multi-position rainfly for the perfect balance of protection and ventilation
- Packs up flat for easy storage
This Coleman unit can occupy up to 4 campers. Its measures are 9 ft. 2 in. x 6 ft. 6 inches and has 3ft. and 4-inch center height. It weighs 7 pounds.
The tent is manufactured with a synthetic material. Its taped floor seems will protect you from the rain. Its welding technology strengthens the floor.
It includes inverted seams, pre-assembled color-coded poles, and hubs for a 10-second setup, a wind-strong frame with redesigned poles and guy-out triangles, and weather-resistant fabric over the zippers.
The multi-position rainfly enables you to have breathability and protection at the same time.
Abco Tech pop up tent
- EFFORTLESS CAMPING – Pops open into a read-to-use form (auto-setup) in a blink & proves easy to...
- DOUBLE DOORS – With double doors on both left and right side, it’s easy to step out from either...
- HIGH BREATHABILITY – Two mesh windows on the front and back add further to the air circulation...
- CARRY BAG & ACCESSORIES – Comes with a carry bag that's ideal for storage and carrying it along,...
- GUARANTEE – With our 100% RISK-FREE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE you have got nothing to lose. However,...
Abco Tech is a company that makes our lives easier with their different sorts of products between which we can find pop up units also. This portable Cabana beach tent is perfect for beach camping or casual camping.
The product measures are 88″ x 47″ x 37.5″, weighs 3.7 pounds, and can occupy up to 2 people. It is waterproof and has 50+ UV protection.
This instant model has doors on the side, not like many others that have them in the front or back.
The inner zippered screen plus the outer zippered nylon layer enables you privacy and airflow.
There are 2 mesh windows on the front and back with solid nylon flaps that can be rolled down for privacy. The place around seams is well-stiched so there won’t be any rips.
Hui Lingyang pop up tent
- Quick & Easy Setup:Instant pop-up tent with pre-assembled poles sets up in seconds.
- Spacious Interior:12.5 x 8.5 feet floor; Sleeps up to 6 people in sleeping bags ; Center...
- Venting : Large mesh window on the left and right sides allows hot air to escape while...
- Stay Dry All Season:Water resistant fabrics;Heat Sealed seams and integrated vented rainfly...
- Ideal for: Casual camping, hiking, backyard resting,festivals,outdoor recreational...
The company made a quality pop-up tent that has dimensions 12.5 x 8.5 x 53.5 inches. It can occupy up to 6 people and has room for three camp pads. The package weighs 11.68 pounds.
The double-layer model is made of 190T polyester with the 3000mm-4000mm coating. The floor are manufactured with 210D Oxford PU3000.
The poles are pre-assembled poles. The tent has 2 large windows on each side and ground vents that enable optimum ventilation.
The brand heat sealed seams and included an integrated vented rainfly. It sets up in about 20 seconds.
This model includes a fully-closable E-port so you will be able to have electricity inside to power-up your phone or laptop. I like that it has a small porch where you can put your shoes and gear.
Ayamaya Pop Up Tent
- [ Roomy Enough for 4-6 Person with Vestibule ] – This pop up tent has spacious interior:12.5 x 8.5...
- [ Unique Double Layer – Prevent Condensation ] – This camping tents special designed with double...
- [ Easy Setup with Smaller Package ] – This quick setup tent with pre-assembled poles sets up in...
- [ 2 Doors + Hooded Vents + 4 Windows - More Ventilation ] – This pop-up tent with 2 large FRONT...
- [ PU3000 Fabric and Heat Sealed Seams – More Waterproof ] – This waterproof tents made of 4000MM...
Ayamaya made a pop-up model with the dimensions 12.5 x 8.5 x 53.5 inches. It has a room for max. 6 people but it is more appropriate for 4 occupants. The tent weighs 11.9 pounds.
The unit is manufactured with polyester. The groundsheet is made with 4000MM waterproof PU-coated oxford while the roof is made of 3000MM waterproof PU-coated polyester.
Unique vestibule design offers a separate room for your camping gear, shoes, or your dog to have his own space to rest. With the electrical cord access port, electricity inside won’t be a problem.
It has storage pockets and a lantern hook that increases its usability. The tent is constructed with a double-layer.
The ground vents will provide air inside and keep you cool on summer days. An integrated vented rainfly will keep you safe and dry.
Pre-assembled poles enable a quick and easy setup. It features 2 large front doors, hooded vents, and 4 zipper design mesh windows on each side.
There are double panels on the windows and doors that can be completely open or you can close them for privacy. Windows have mesh so no worries with mosquitoes.
It features a double-side zipper. Seams are heat-sealed and made of PU3000 fabric.
Hewolf Instant Camping Tent
- Rainproof Pop up Tent - This Easy up tent is for busy families that don’t want to spend a lot of...
- Waterproof Instant Tent with Spacious Interior - Both wall are made of waterproof polyester...
- Setup in seconds Automatic Tents - take out tent,choose level land,lay tent flat,unfold 4...
- Convenient 2 Door and Double Zipper - There are 2 door,it will be convenient for family go outside...
- Lightweight Portable and Good Ventilation - Compared with other automatic tent,our packing bag is...
This creation from HeWolf is a fast pitching tent that measures 6.5ft x 7ft x 4.4ft. The tent weighs 7.5 pounds. It is perfect for 2 people but there can be 3 (parents + a child) sleeping inside with their sleeping bags.
Setup and disassemble
It is an automatic tent which means that you will have to lift the tent up, (holding to the center of the construction) to lock it securely.
The setup should take a few minutes only. When you want to disassemble it, press two short poles on top and bring them together to close it.
Due to the flysheet and inner mesh layer that are partly connected by sewing buckles, folding it is easy.
It is made of waterproof 190T polyester with a 2000mm coating. A rain fly awning and double walls take care of rain protection. It includes stakes and windproof ropes to stabilize it for the wind.
This way it can withstand 15 mph wind. Two large windows, ground vent, and mesh increase ventilation.
About Pop up Tents
These units are made from lightweight materials. Regardless of their weight and portability, they are very durable and can protect you from light precipitation.
This tent type can be a great shelter on a sunny day, however, some models lack ventilation.
Setup and storage
Several different types are available in the pop-up format. When the camping trip is over, they are simple to take down.
Using it outdoors will reduce stress when pitching it and decrease your fear of getting wet from the fast-coming rain on the horizon.
Types of Pop-ups
As I said earlier you can choose a unit that comes in different shapes. Take a look at shapes that you should know about before the purchase.
They are perhaps the easiest to set up as some of them have the poles built into the fabric. They can be stabilized with nylon rope, pegs, or stakes. What about folding them? They come with picture-by-picture instructions on how to do that.
This type of unit isn’t suitable for windy conditions but is perfect for a quick weekend getaway. The quick assembly allows you to spend more time enjoying than setting up your sleeping quarters.
They are the most basic of pop up’s. These are similar to military units offering ample headroom for a more comfortable sleep.
They are easy to set up, and they are stabilized with ropes, stakes or pegs. They work well for camping with friends in groups as they allow privacy.
Frame models are large and roomy and can accommodate larger families. These are made of sturdy frames and can accommodate many people while keeping the gear safe.
Many come with holes for electrical cords to allow you to have the power inside. Some are even equipped with lights built right in.
They are the most popular among adventure campers and camping beginners.
These won’t offer as much space as cabin tents but will provide an area for sleeping, changing clothes, and resting while still protect you from the elements.
Which is the easiest tent to put up?
The easiest tent to put up is a pop-up unit because you can pitch it in seconds by throwing it in the air. Its poles are stitched to the material so you won’t need to hassle with them as in traditional models.
They are popular among outdoor enthusiasts and come in handy when you must pitch your shelter fast.
What’s a pop-up tent?
It is a fast-pitching model that you will be able to set up in seconds. You will just need to open the storage bag, remove the elastic strap and throw it in the air. The tent will open by itself and offer you shelter in no time.
Are they good?
Most manufacturers are producing quality ones however there are differences between models.
They are appropriate to use on festivals, camping, and backpacking trips however don’t take them on mountaineering or ice fishing.
Which is the best pop up tent on the market?
It is made of quality material and will handle most of the weather elements. It is pitched and folded without the hassle and will offer you quick and reliable shelter.
Are they waterproof?
Most are waterproof but are not meant to handle harsh weather conditions. These quick shelters are appropriate for backpacking and camping in normal weather and on weekend getaways.
How much are they?
These ones are one of the cheapest on the market. The price ranges from $20 to $100. You will also find some that cost more than $100.
How do you set it up?
Grab the storage bag and put the tent off the bag. Every pop up has an elastic strap that you will unfold and throw it in the air to open.
Secure it with pegs that should be in at a 45-degree angle. Then use the guy ropes on the pegs and you are ready to use it.
How do you put it away?
Setting it up is easy but how about folding it up? Grab the top of the tent poles on both sides of the unit and bring them together.
Then grab the lower poles on both sides and bring them together so you will have all poles under control.
Put the tent to its end so the elastic strap will be at the bottom. Use one hand to hold the poles while you grab the upper part of the unit and bring it down.
The last thing is to put it in a circular shape and placing an elastic strap over the unit for storage.
How do you fold kids pop-up tent?
Folding it is quite easy. Grab all the poles together. Put the product on its end and step on the lower pole gently not to break it. With your outer hand pull the outer poles down.
Then push forward with your other hand and bring the other tent half down and folding it in a circle shape.
The elastic strap must be on top when you fold it. Protect the unit with an elastic strap while still holding it together and store it in its bag.
Get the easiest tent to put up alone
Pop up tents are easy to set up, allowing you to get the most out of your adventure.
They are easy to use, whether you are an avid or seasonal camper. Where do you intend to use it? Tell me your thoughts in the comment below.