Are you looking for a tent that you will pitch instantly? With a pop-up tent, you don’t need to worry about the instructions as you will pitch it in seconds.
I use my pop up for hiking and weekend camping and it serves me well. However, you should know that it isn’t appropriate to use in harsh weather because it won’t last in rough weather conditions.
Check which are the best pop up tents on the market that you can use for camping, hiking or on weekend getaways.
Best Pop Up Tents in 2019
Pop Up Camping Tents Features
If you want to get a fast pitching tent that fits your needs, take a look at my top picks and its features to assure you will be satisfied.
FiveJoy Instant Tent
- EASY and STRESS FREE SET UP - Remove your instant, free-standing tent from the packaging and watch...
- 👼 LET YOUR KIDS BE KIDS AGAIN - Set up camp in your backyard and have your kids leave their...
- 🍃 THOUGHTFUL DESIGN - Openings on both the left and right sides are covered by a solid nylon...
- 🏖️ MULTI PURPOSE- Turn your windows into a rain fly by attaching guy lines to the loops...
- 💯 QUALITY YOU CAN COUNT ON- Durable seams, sturdy zippers, and water resistant PU coated...
This FiveJoy tent can occupy up to 3 people. You can set it up within seconds. It offers an impressive multifunctional design with 2 doors, loops for lighting source, storage pockets, a mesh window and a solid nylon flap for cross ventilation.
It measures 9 ft. x 6.5 ft with and has 4 ft center height. The tent material is polyester that is PU coated; making sure you are protected from the rain and leakage. You can also use windows as a rain fly by attaching guy lines to the loops below the window flap.
ZOMAKE Pop Up Tent
- Seconds Pop Up - Open the package, unstrap the tent, throw it in the air, watch it open itself in...
- Ventilation& Blocking Mosquitoes - 2 mesh doors, 2 mesh windows and an extra big mesh roof sky...
- Tent Size - Open size : Very roomy for 3 adults, could easily fit 4 if needed. Ideal for a family...
- Material - Durable sturdy 190T PU-coated silver ANTI-UV polyester fabric, provide UPF 50+ Sun...
- NO RISK BUYING - Carrying bag With the installation instructions, or you can search "ZOMAKE tent" on...
This pop-up tent offers efficiency and versatility. It is spacious and can accommodate up to 4 people (2-3 comfortably). Due to its versatility, it could be ideal for camping in clear weather, beach trip, or any other outdoor activity. It can also be a perfect playhouse for your kids.
This ZOMAKE tent offers a great ventilation system with 2 doors, 2 windows and a mesh window on the top. The floor is made of welded polyethylene.
It measures 95 x 71 inches and has 40 inches center height.
This tent model has fiberglass poles. Its Hogan hook stakes will help you stabilize the tent. It is UV and water-resistant although it is not reliable in bad weather conditions.
LEHTMIK Instant camping tent
- 【HIGH QUALITY FABRIC】Instant tent made of durable sturdy 190T polyester fabric + PU coating and...
- 【AUTOMATIC DESIGN】LETHMIK Automatic Portable Pop Up Tent using the latest hydraulic technology,...
- 【LIGHTWEIGHT &EASY TO CARRY】Camping Tent weight 8.38lb, Package Size: 29.5 X 6.3 X 6.3 inches...
- 【PRAGMATIC DESIGN】A combination of inner zippered mesh plus outer zippered fabric layer give an...
- 【WHAT YOU GET】1 tent, 4 tent stakes, 4 windproof ropes, 1 packing bag, 1 YEAR Guarantee. We try...
This is an automatic 3-season pop-up camping tent that can occupy up to 3 people (2 adults + a child). It is made of 190T waterproof polyester material and has PU 3000mm. It has a 190D Oxford floor and fully taped seams. The latest hydraulic technology enables you to pitch it in 30 seconds.
It weighs 8.38lb and measures 78.7 x 78.7 x 55 inches. The tent features inner zipped mesh and outer zippered fabric layer for privacy and B3 nylon airy mesh for ventilation.
Wnnideo Instant Family Tent
- Unique and fantastic design for easy set-up within one minute. A waterproof family tent with large...
- Generous ten-by-eight-foot (W x D) footprint creates enough space for sleeping up to 4-5 people
- Engineered to be a stronger, more wind-resistant frame by using redesigned poles to anchor tents and...
- Wnnideo pop-up camping tent offers great UV protection and good water resistant material. If you...
- Our tent can make your camping experience even better. Or you can send this as a gift to your...
This is a waterproof family tent with a dome style that offers space for 4-5 people. It weighs 9.25lbs. Its measures are 120 x 94.5 x 57 inches and has a fiberglass frame. The tent fabric is rain-resistant 210T polyester. The tent has a 3000mm hydrostatic head level.
Even though it is lightweight, you can assure that will protect you in windy conditions due to tent stakes. This tent model is UV resistant, has a mesh ceiling and storage pockets.
Coleman 4-Person Pop-Up Tent
- 4-Person Pop-Up Tent
- Pre-assembled poles for easy 10-second setup
- Taped floor seams help keep you dry
- Multi-position rainfly for the perfect balance of protection and ventilation
- Packs up flat for easy storage
This Coleman tent can occupy up to 4 campers. It has pre-assembled poles for a quick 10-second setup. Its measures are 9 ft. 2 in. x 6 ft. 6 inches and has 3ft. and 4-inch center height.
Its taped floor seems will protect you from the rain. The tent has a multi-position rainfly that offers protection and ventilation. Its welding technology strengthens the tent floor. It has inverted seams, wind-strong frame and weather-resistant fabric over the zippers.
About Pop up Tents
Pop-up tents are made from lightweight materials. Regardless of their weight and portability, they are very durable.
Several different tent types are available in the pop-up format. When the camping trip is over, these tents are simple to take down. Using a pop-up camping tent on your camping trip will reduce stress when pitching it.
Types of Pop-ups
Look at different shapes of these tents.
Hoop tents are perhaps the easiest to set up as some of them have the poles built into the fabric. They can be stabilized with nylon rope, pegs, or stakes. What about folding them? They come with picture-by-picture instructions on how to do that.
This type of tent isn’t suitable for windy conditions but is perfect for a quick weekend getaway. The quick assembly allows you to spend more time enjoying than setting up your sleeping quarters.
Ridge tents are the most basic of pop up’s. They are similar to military tents offering ample headroom for a more comfortable sleep. They are easy to set up, and they are stabilized with ropes, stakes or pegs. They work well for camping with friends in groups as they allow privacy.
Frame tents are large and roomy and can accommodate larger families. These are made of sturdy frames. Frame tents can accommodate many people and keep the gear safe.
Many of these tents come with holes for electrical cords to allow you to have the power inside. Some of them are even equipped with lights built right in.
Dome tents are popular among families or groups of campers as they have more than one room. Some come with a screened porch, which you can use to eat and for relaxation. These tents are equipped with storage space for your gear.
Which is the easiest tent to put up?
The easiest tent to put up is a pop-up tent because you can pitch it in seconds by throwing it in the air. The poles of this tent are stitched to the material so you won’t need to hassle with them. They are popular among outdoor enthusiasts and come handy when you must pitch your shelter fast.
What’s a pop-up tent?
It is a fast-pitching tent that you will be able to set up in seconds. You will just need to open the storage bag, remove the elastic strap and throw the tent in the air. The tent will open by itself and offer you shelter in no time.
Are pop up tents good?
Most manufacturers are producing quality pop-up tents however there are differences between models. They are appropriate to use on festivals, camping and backpacking trips however don’t take them on mountaineering or ice fishing.
Which is the best pop up tent on the market?
It is made of quality material and will handle most of the weather elements. It is pitched and folded without the hassle and will offer you quick and reliable shelter.
Are they waterproof?
Most of pop up tents are waterproof but are not meant to handle harsh weather conditions. These quick shelters are appropriate for backpacking and camping in normal weather.
How much are these tents?
These tents are one of the cheapest on the market. The price ranges from $20 to $100. You will also find some tents that cost more than $100.
How do you set it up?
Grab the storage bag and put the tent and the tent poles off the bag, placing them on the ground. Every pop up has an elastic strap that you will unfold and throw the tent in the air to open. Secure the tent with tent pegs that should be in at a 45-degree angle. Then use the guy ropes on the pegs and you are ready to use the tent.
How do you put it away?
Setting it up is easy but how about folding it up? Grab the top of the tent poles on both sides of the tent and bring them together. Then grab the lower poles on both sides and bring them together so you will have all poles under control.
Put the tent to its end so the elastic strap will be at the bottom. Use one hand to hold the poles while you grab the upper part of the tent and bring it down. The last thing is to put it in a circular shape and placing an elastic strap over the tent for storage.
How do you fold kids pop-up tent?
Folding this type of tent is quite easy. Grab all the poles together. Put the tent on its end and step on the lower pole gently not to break it. With your outer hand pull the outer poles down.
Then push forward with your other hand and bring the other tent half down and folding it in a circle shape. The elastic strap must be on top when you fold it. Protect the tent with an elastic strap while still holding the tent together and store it in its bag.
A tent that pop-ups in seconds
Pop up tents are easy to set up and fold, allowing you to get the most out of your adventure. They are great, whether you are an avid or seasonal camper.
What you should consider when choosing a pop-up? Make sure it is the right size. Also, look for a tent that will protect you from the elements. It should be comfortable and keep you dry. However, don’t take your pop up outdoors if the forecast is bad as you don’t want to risk your safety and well-being.
Get the best pop up tent which is an excellent choice whether you are a new or a regular camper.