Oh, it’s time for beach camping! It is quite different than camping in the woods however, you still need some essentials to have a pleasant day under the sun. Do you know what things to bring when camping on the beach?
See which things are good to have by your side when you are looking forward to enjoy on the beach.
Beach Camping Things
Camping on the beach is not as easy as people imagine it to be. Of course, there is the beach right there in front of you for your enjoyment but you will have to battle sand and strong winds when camping.
Cooking on an open fire is almost impossible as the wind from the ocean will mess up with the fire. The supplies that you should bring with you on a beach camping day are different from those that you would take on a trip to the woods.
Let’s look at the things that you should bring to a beach camping.
These are some of the camping gear that you should bring when you beach camp.
- A beach tent with stakes. The stakes should anchor securely into the ground to provide you with adequate protection. The tent that you need should be big for the air to circulate freely within the tent.
- Sleeping bag
- Blankets and a pillow
- A tarp
- A flashlight or a headlamp
- A beach umbrella for keeping the sun away
- Beach chairs for relaxing
- Trash bags for collecting your waste
- A broom to tidy your tent up
Do you remember how hungry you are when you come out of the water? If the beach allows making a beachfire you can cook your meal instead of eating junk food. These are some of the cooking gear that you should take with you to camp.
- A propane stove for cooking your meals
- A lighter and matches for lighting the stove
- Cooking pots for preparing your meals
- Reusable utensils such as plates and bowls
- A multi-tool knife, corkscrew, can opener and pliers
- Optional; a grate and firewood. Cooking on an open fire is almost impossible as a result of the wind but you can still light a beach campfire, place a grate on it and cook your food.
Food and water
Food and water are important, especially water supplies as you should hydrate your body on the hot sun. These are some of the supplies that you will need in this regard.
- A max-food cooler for keeping your food supplies fresh. However, if you will be moving around a lot, you should get a soft-sided cooler that is easy to carry around.
- A gallon of frozen water. The ice will melt to provide you with clean drinking water.
- Single-pot meals that you had prepared at home and kept in the fridge. You will only have to warm such foods when you want to eat. The emphasis here is on single-pot meals that will reduce your cooking requirements when you arrive at camp.
- Fresh supplies like bread and yogurt. Buy these items closer to your campsite to make sure that they are fresh by the time you arrive at camp.
- Tea bags and coffee
What about clothes? You should also make sure that you have enough clothes when camping on the beach. Don’t forget to pack the following items:
- A swimsuit. Being near a beach, you will be swimming most of the time and you should carry your swimsuit.
- A hat to keep the sun from your eyes.
- Shorts, shirts, and pants. You should get the quick-drying type that will dry quickly.
- T-shirts. Some should be long-sleeved so as to protect you from the cold.
- Water shoes. You will need shoes that will protect you from the rocks in the water and sea urchins. Do you know what to do if you stepped on the sea urchin? Here is the treatment of sea urchin sting.
- Sweatshirts and sweatpants if you anticipate a drop in the temperatures.
Don’t forget on personal items, especially if you will be camping for a few days, such as:
- Your toothbrush and toothpaste
- A towel to dry yourself up after bathing and swimming
- Bathing soap
- A first aid kit
- Bug repellent
- Your personal medicine
Toys are not essential but they will take care of the entertainment and keep you busy. Bring a football ball and other gaming equipment for playing with other campers or your kids. You can also bring board games that will keep you engaged when you are within the tent.
Beach camping should be fun
Camping by the beach is fun as you get to enjoy the majestic ocean and warm sun. To make your stay enjoyable and worry-free, consider the items that I think are good to have with you when you spend time on the beach.